Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any stories of longer-time Baclofen users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowcountryman;990558 wrote: Another SE: after I saw my shrink I visited a friend and she told me I looked pretty dazed when she looked into my eyes. It made her laugh because I was smiling all the time.
    I've been finding that lately too! I just have a perma smile plastered on my face most of the time. I might not even necessarily feel happy at the moment, I can be perfectly neutral, but there's the grin that doesn't go away!
    Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
    ~Clutch

Comment

I don't have the perma-smile, but I'm the most mellow me that I've ever known. It worries me sometimes, that I don't worry more.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
      - Vernon Howard

Comment

I've been told on 3 separate occasions by:
        Happy drinker, "You're looking and acting more together"
        Successful business man heavily into his own brand of Budhism, " You've cut down on drinking haven't you"
        Son of a pub owner who got brought up in a bar, "You've cut down drinking but even if you haven't you're alright, I can tell"

I admit that I denied cutting down my consumption on the last 2 occasions. I didn't want the conversation to go to 'why?" and, if I do relapse I don't want to add to my woes. So to any one who thinks I'm brave, think again. Also I wanted to scream out that it wasn't me they were seeing it was Bac.

Don't know why I posted here, something about people seeing me in a more positive light
        Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

The same happened to me, even while I was still drinking.

Usually terribly hung over and in a rush to get to work, I wasn't the friendliest of people. Not mention irritable and impatient.

After I remained calm and composed for the third day in a row of running very late in getting the kids dropped off at school and hitting rush hour traffic, my wife wanted know what was going on with me

***hangs head in retrospective shame***
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I started taking baclofen at the beginning of Feb '10. I hit the switch early on and continued taking baclofen for about 8 months. I started lowering my doses little by little and have been off baclofen for about 10 days now - I have not had any cravings since I hit the switch and continue to have no cravings. I have not drank any alcohol since Feb 8th and plan to abstain for good. I have no need to drink alcohol, it serves no useful purpose in my life so why would I even go there anymore? My quality of life and overall well being is better than it has been in many years and I owe it all to baclofen and the support of people here.

Comment

Road, so much thanks for your reply.

That gives hope 8 months is really very hopefull. Good for you!

I've titrated up to about 200mg a day now. There's still craving but the SE's aren't that bad for me. A little high feeling sometimes but still better than the continuous hangover. After a few beers I get drunk so fast that it's no longer 'fun'. Smoking a cigarette makes me feel like the first time I smoked: high. I didn't feel like smoking yesterday and got my first pack only at 15.00 hours, which is really unbelievable since I like to wake up with coffe and cigarettes and smoke all day long.

I'm gonna stay on 200mg because my daughter is with me this weekend and I don't want ' strange things' to happen. After that, I'm going for it.

I honestly believe that even ' only' 8 months abstinance would get my life back on track and thus making it easier to remain abstinant. Would that be wishfull thinking?

Comment

LCM,

I combined naltrexone (TSM) and baclofen. I had to go pretty high with baclofen (380mg/day), but after hitting my switch and titrating back down, I never felt like I needed to continue taking it. I took 20mg/day or so for a while, then stopped. I have been AF since July.

Well, almost. I've had small amounts of alcohol on a few occasions, and have definitely lost my taste for it. Last night I was at a party and decided to have a beer. I drank one beer and had no desire to have another. Before baclofen, I drank 70+ units/week.

Hang in there and stay the course. SE's might get more bothersome as you titrate up, but the end result is fantastic and so very worth it.

Good Luck!
                -wort
                TSM started 1/22/2010; Wks 1-6: 78u/wk
                Baclofen + TSM started 3/5/10; Wks 7-25: 52u/wk
                Alcohol free and indifferent since 7/15/2010

Comment

Working...
                X