off bac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

off bac

Re the GHB mentioned, it isn't actually habit forming. I used it as a party drug, then to help with sleep on a shift pattern about 10 years ago. Did quite a bit of reading about the stuff and it's a fairly 'clean' drug, but lots of rumours abound because of the 'date rape' label.

It tastes dreadful and if you were to have it put in your drink(which would have the be the liquid form since the crystals aren't water soluble), you'd know about it. Basically the government just wanted it banned, full stop.

it can help towards restful sleep and comes without a hangover, however you need to make sure the source is reputable and I suspect with our alchie tendencies we'd just O'd on the stuff(something I did quite a bit, but without any harm luckily).

Comment

off bac

Ukblonde;1006241 wrote: Re the GHB mentioned, it isn't actually habit forming. I used it as a party drug, then to help with sleep on a shift pattern about 10 years ago. Did quite a bit of reading about the stuff and it's a fairly 'clean' drug, but lots of rumours abound because of the 'date rape' label.

It tastes dreadful and if you were to have it put in your drink(which would have the be the liquid form since the crystals aren't water soluble), you'd know about it. Basically the government just wanted it banned, full stop.

it can help towards restful sleep and comes without a hangover, however you need to make sure the source is reputable and I suspect with our alchie tendencies we'd just O'd on the stuff(something I did quite a bit, but without any harm luckily).
      GHB can be addictive and cause life threatening withdrawal upon abrupt cessation.

A multitude of discussion on GHB addiction:

The GHB/GBL Addiction & Withdrawal Thread - Bluelight

And from Wikipedia:

GHB has also been associated with a withdrawal syndrome of insomnia, anxiety, and tremor that usually resolves within three to twelve days.[72][77] Treatment with benzodiazepines can be used, although extremely high doses may be required (e.g. > 100 mg/d of diazepam). With the exception of baclofen, other treatments are often ineffective. Evidence shows that baclofen is the most effective drug for GHB withdrawal. GHB and baclofen are agonists for the GABAb receptor.[78] Benzodiazepines do not affect GABAB receptors and thus have no cross-tolerance with GHB; baclofen which works via GABAB receptors is cross-tolerant with GHB and is effective in alleviating withdrawal effects of GHB.[79] Thus baclofen can be used to substitute for GHB and gradually titrated to reduce withdrawal severity.

GHB withdrawal is not widely discussed in text books and as a result most psychiatrists are not familiar with this withdrawal syndrome.

-tk
      TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

off bac

Oh ok. Wasn't aware of this.

Comment

Working...
        X