Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nal compromise needed

Hi All,

I'm new to the internet message board "scene" ha. I've been doing the Sinclair Method protocol for the past 17 weeks. I have seen some good results- I no longer enjoy beer, my craving for cider is reducing, and the last problem is my addiction to whisky. I had planned to just drink as much as possible of it until it was "extinguished". This is what I had previously done with the beer and cider but for them it was easier on the body so I could get away with it. However I just discovered today that I have a GI bleed, so the whisky is much to hard on my intestines, so I think it is going to have to go before I have a chance to extinguish it. I'm gonna make an appointment with Dr tomorrow to have it investigate aswell. There has been some signs that my whisky problem is beginning to disappear- I can no longer drink the cheap stuff, but instead have to drink expensive smooth scotch.

Has anyone doing the TSM had this problem before? My original drink of choice was always beer, but since starting TSM I had to change it to something stronger so that I got the hit before the aversion had a chance to kick in. I was very close to throwing the towel in on the TSM today- so bad is my hangover and my overall concern about my physical health. I appreciate anything you can tell me.
    The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.

Nal compromise needed

Who am I kidding? I need to quit completely once and for all. Nal seems to help with my cravings so I'll hold onto the tabs, but I have to quit.

Comment

Nal compromise needed

Definitely do what you need to do but I would also suggest that you go over to the sinclair method site for advice where everyone over there is on Nal and you should get lots more advice possibly than over here.

Comment

Nal compromise needed

Hi Illuminae, Thanks for the reply. Actually, as the week went on I began to feel better about the situation. I don't need to quit, I am sticking to the TSM. I haven't drank all week and I don't have any desire to. As you know, part of the TSM progress is large peaks in drinking followed by smaller ones. People will scorn at this idea, but I have observed it.

As for the main site, although I get the idea, I think it leads to too much of an obsession. I don't think prgress can be measured in weeks with this method. I got burned out and just left that discussion. I prefer MWO, it leaves other possibilities open and is more realistic.

Comment

Nal compromise needed

I am fading away from the TSM site myself because I think being obsessed with the numbers was getting tiresome and making me think about alcohol too much. I Still keep track of numbers but not as closely.

I experienced what you are talking about with TSM. My tastes have changed. I first lost my taste for whiskey and scotch, then like 8 months later my taste for red wine faded (red wine was my favorite) i realized recently that I hadn't bought or craved wine in weeks. and my taste for beer is fading too. I too can only drink the good stuff now. even most good beers taste too bitter and seem to dehydrate me so much that I don't drink much. I almost exclusively drink Guiness these days. Its as if I just want to have one or four out of habit rather than a physical need. also I really drink for the taste more now. I can't imagine drinking cheap stuff now. not worth the bad taste. I used to be really irresponsible with money as I was always drunk, so I'd end up broke and have to drink shit. not anymore.

I had a glass of red at my mothers birthday the other night. It was really good wine, but I just didn't really get that into it and didn't want another one. after dinner I didn't want any more alcohol at all. it's taken 8 months but the taste of wine seems to have changed. it's more acidic

Comment

Nal compromise needed

hey joe! Did you increase your dosage of NAL to 100 mgs? As I recall you were thinking if doing that some time back. Glad to see you are doing so well.

Comment

Working...
            X