Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

Ne/Neva Eva;1200248 wrote: Heredity is the only thing that makes it cool, Otter. Otherwise they'd just be prime ministers and presidents and such. And then for sure they'd have to be born male.

And republicanism? What's the opposite? democraticism and socialinism? 'member I like to play amurrican every now and then. again.

I just like the tiaras and crowns, ftr. And also, ftr Otter, they have to wear ugly shoes. That's a deal breaker for me.
    The opposite of republicanism is monarchy. A republic has three parts, a President, elected representatives and a senior house such as a senate. I am a republican, not a Republican.

Republicans wear squeaky shoes whereas republicans wear canvas top sneakers. Big difference.
    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I was proud of Queen E and her changing the rules of succession. Yay! Can't believe the shit still on the books all over the world about this type of thing - the gay sex being illegal, the oral sex between hetero married adults being illegal in some counties, weird stuff. At least we can mark this one off the Crazy List.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

She didn't change the rule, the politicians did that. She has no powers, she just sits on her arse and spends the millions of pounds of taxpayers money, which the Brits are stupid enough to let her have each year.

Not that I actually care, because I'm not a Brit, I'm an Americanian and my name is Brenda, so there.
        "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Oh yeah, at the same time, they also changed the law forbidding a monarch from marrying Catholics. They were able to marry Protestants, Jews, Muslims and Goat-humping, chicken blood drinking, dancing naked and fornicating in a mass of sweaty bodies at midnight pagans...but not Catholics.
          "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Progress thread for ne

They also dress up as Nazis for fun.

Uh, so what's this thread about?

I'm not from here by the way. I just moved here cuz I liked the green grass. Dumb or what?
            BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Yeah, never could get my arms around the WHY of the enormous castle/clothes/costs of monarchy especially when its powerless. Maybe its a way to hypnotise the masses, distract them from actual laws and power plays.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

The enormous castles are administrative buildings because they used to have power and had a lot of staff. The clothes, because they are just vain. The cost because the Brits are just suckers and they think the rest of the world thinks England is great because it has a monarchy. It is all part of a still present class system which has Royalty at its head and permeates the place.

The only way the Monarchy might end is if something happened to William and Harry became King and then had a kid with a waitress from LA, which is possible come to think of it.
                BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Otter;1200292 wrote:
                  Republicans wear squeaky shoes whereas republicans wear canvas top sneakers. Big difference.
                  Thank you for the clarification. That is a very important distinction. I will look for canvas the next time I am demonstrating in Washington. But everything's pretty peachy around these parts right now, so no demonstratization necessary...

Otter;1200345 wrote:

The only way the Monarchy might end is if something happened to William and Harry became King and then had a kid with a waitress from LA, which is possible come to think of it.
                  I won't have kids, but he's cute. I bet I could mess up the monarchy for ya'.
                  I would like to remind everyone that more people watched the wedding(s) than the supercup and the world bowl combined. We who did not, or who eschew such things, are in the very small majority.

so...back to the previously broadcasted programming? prolly not.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne/Neva Eva;1200351 wrote: I will look for canvas the next time I am demonstrating in Washington.
                    Make sure to say "Hi!" when you come up here
                    Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
                    George Santayana

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Will do. But only if you're wearing the right shoes.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Yes, I am employed, although I don't like to hop on bandwagons so I consider myself part of the 1%

Everything is very blue in Seattle. Green too, though, which is why it's called the Emerald City.

TBH, Occupy Seattle is not very exciting. It's just a bunch of hippies in drum circles. You'd be better off protesting in NYC or D.C.
                        George Santayana

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Unfair edit. Now my answer looks crazy.
                          George Santayana

Comment

Progress thread for ne

SlipperyPete;1200379 wrote: Unfair edit. Now my answer looks crazy.
                            All's fair when it comes to the 1%.
                            So squeeky shoes or canvas for the new j.o.b.?
                            And yes, dammit. Though I have moved on from the trapezoids to the hypothalamus (which is fantastically fascinating, fer real, and I suspect will lead to more revelations and insights...) I should be studying but now I am going to bed.
                            Night!

(btw, has anyone seen anyone other than just the us? 'cause I haven't and it's making me a bit morose.)

Comment

Progress thread for ne

SlipperyPete;1200369 wrote: It's just a bunch of hippies in drum circles.
                              You say that like it's a bad thing.

There's nothing wrong with hippies. Hippie chicks will get their boobs out at the drop of a hat.

(btw, has anyone seen anyone other than just the us? 'cause I haven't and it's making me a bit morose.)
                              You mean noobies? Apart from me that is. Not so many. Fresh blood is thin on the ground.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Hiya, newbies and lurkers. I hope today is a good day, one without too much struggle related to whether or not to drink. There is hope with baclofen. It worked for me!

Doggygirl;1200026 wrote:

I think the problem is less complex.
                                I do, too!If my teachers are to be believed, there has been a historic gap between the mental health treatment community and the addiction treatment community. This has led to the problem of a high% of people seeking treatment in either domain to NOT be assessed for the other. You have already pointed out the problems with treating one and not the other. Considering the high rates of comorbidity, it makes sense that trying to treat only one chronic relapsing disorder, but not the other leads to chronic relapsing of both.

There is concerted push in the field to work in a more integrated fashion and do a better job of assessing clients for both mental health disorders AND addiction disorders. Integrated treatment models are evolving along with the goal and emerging requirement(my understanding, under Obamacare) for evidence based treatment models. But what are those? Anecdotal? The science lags...

The treatment world really is changing, I think. At least it is in the educational environment and that feeds the system over time. I'm so glad you think so. But I remain, of course, unconvinced! Convince me!

DG
                                My experience is far from limited in terms of looking to mental health care providers for answers and solutions for my disease. It is obviously limited to my own experience, but I have found that a lot of it rings true when I talk to other people who are addicted to a substance.
                                I share that information because my experience has been that in some ways the search for comorbidity was a big part of the problem. Was I depressed, and therefore drinking against my will? Was I a social misfit, anxious, ADD, bipolar, out of sorts, unloved, under-nurtured, etc... Always with the intent of finding something fundamentally wrong in my behavior or circumstances, and still never addressing the fundamental chemical imbalance. Of course, there wasn't any addressing that since there weren't any solutions that didn't involve possibly adding to the addiction, namely benzos. (One of which, xanax, may hold some real promise based on some recent-ish research.)

I have been wondering most recently if all of the things that we experience that bring us to the bottom of the bottle aren't a distraction from the main issue. What if, for instance, all of the reasons result in the same chemical dysfunction? PTSD, misfit-ness, genetics, sorrow, horrible abuse all result in our brains becoming chemically imbalanced in very similar ways.

It would stand to reason, then, that the therapies we are treated with are mostly unsuccessful if the fundamental chemical imbalance is not righted. The synapses themselves are established. It would take divine intervention, a profound and daily commitment or a replacement of some sort to impact a change as dramatic as rewiring the chemical synapses. At the same time, rewiring them with a medication, especially one fraught with other issues, without dealing with the issue that created the imbalance in the first place would mean that we are likely to return to that imbalance if there is a trigger, such as stress. Or if we go off of the medication before the synapses are fully established.

Just some thoughts, for sure, and not even remotely a theory. :H

I think that we are coming at the issue with the same intent, and similar purpose, but from completely different directions. This isn't the first time, right? :H It's very interesting (for me!) to read your input here, and on the other parts of the forum, about this.

Good day all!

Comment

Working...
                                X