Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

Sarah42;1665162 wrote: Ne- I truly DO wish you a very very happy life and journey. I am starting this journey myself...but w/o meds except herbal supps..and doing better. Was curious though...at what point did you think you needed balcofen? Just trying to learn more...

TIA and much love,

Sarah
    The short version is that I felt like I'd tried everything else. Rehab, AA, supplements, nutrition, exercise, therapy, other medications, relocation...You name it, I think I thought I'd tried it. I did find benefit from most of it, and decided to try to piece together my own program. So I went to the public library and checked out every book they had on the subject, found Dr. Ameisen's book, spent a ton of time on google checking on both him and on baclofen, and took the plunge. That was 4 years ago.

The only thing I would change is that I wish I had found a local doctor for support. I didn't trust doctors back then, and I didn't know how to do it. Well, that and I wish I'd found out about it years and years ago.

I'm glad you're looking for solutions. This is a great place to find many alternatives. Of course, it's a great place to get distracted from the goal, too. Lots of misinformation and plenty of drama if you go looking for it. But it was my lifeline back then. I made friends I still hold dear, from all over the world. And discovered lots more, too. How to make kombucha, and vinegar, for instance. How to get really fit and strong. A lot of humility when I'm an asshole. :H Another thing: meditation [for real] and the acknowledgment that I will never be buddha-like and I'm just fine with that. Also, to stick up for myself and my friends, and to (mostly) ignore the bull shit. There is a TON of stuff to be gleaned from this site.

Oh, and how to use the internet. That was the first thing. I'd never been on a forum before.

Just keep plugging along, Sarah. We're all rooting for you regardless of anything else.

EDIT: And thank you. I wish the same for both of us!

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne/Neva Eva;1665132 wrote:

But the thing is, I don't want a new dog. I want my old dog. Just when I start to worry that I don't miss her enough, or that I'm too callous to care, I get hit with overwhelming grief that she isn't here.
      I think rescuing/adopting a puppy is a great idea, Ne. You have a lot of love to give a furry K-9 companion, and you have a great home to provide for a lucky little puppy who'll grow into a wonderful dog with a wonderful life. Just because Goose is no longer here to receive that love herself doesn't mean she would want to keep another dog out there who needs a home from getting it.

Big, big hugs honey :l:l:l

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne/Neva Eva;1665125 wrote: On the last thread there are no less than 10 people who give feedback that what he is suggesting isn't true or reasonable. I don't need to police this community. It happens without one single person bearing that responsibility when people participate.

Ne, I think I now better understand; 10 opinions is the number needed to invalidate the opinion of one? (or possibly just 6?) Regardless of your OPINION Ne, I respect the fact that you are entitled to your opinion as are others to their own opinions.

If it is your opinion that when "I tell someone that they can not get sober if they are drinking" and you disagree with that, then that is your opinion -right? If you believe this statement causes harm to someone, then tell them so.

Spirit, you misunderstood my response. Which isn?t a surprise. .
        Thank you Ne.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ok.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

:H:H:H

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Thanks, Stuck. I know. Needless to say, the idea of a puppy is lovely. The reality of one is rather daunting. We don't have closet doors on a couple of our closets. Anyone who has had a puppy knows that this is a problem. And the laundry! Not only must it go in the basket, the basket and likely the trashcans need to go up!

It'll be a great distraction, but it's the Goose I want. Still, it'll happen.

Oh. And in the meantime, my sister-in-law has asked us to watch our nephews for a week. For a WEEK, people. It's the price of sober responsibility and I'll gladly pay it. For three days. :H

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Sorry to hear about your hound Ne. It's always crap.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Thanks, bleep. It sure is.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Sarah asked me earlier why I used baclofen. The answer I gave her was only partly accurate. Truth is, Dr. Ameisen's book was so compelling, and the information I found on here and by doing hours of google-searching so convincing, that I decided to try it. Which went against everything I believed in at the time.

It took me more than a year to actually understand that, for me, drinking wasn't a choice. It took me longer to really understand that it was an actual disease. And even longer than that to figure out that I couldn't pray/think/work/study/read/exercise/eat the drink away. I was already sober, just taking the pills, and still didn't really understand.

That's one of the reasons I thought baclofen was a magic pill. Now I don't think it's magic. I know it's medicine. It's simple. ha.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Man, I thought the answer to this was obvious. I always felt that something was wrong with me, that made drinking such an appealing thing in the face of all this mounting evidence that it was actually terrible. The idea of it being a disease sat exactly right with me. Whether that's because it seems like an easy way out or not, I don't know. So when someone came along and said yes, it is a disease, and furthermore, this pill will fix it, well... very little was going to stop me giving that pill a go.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I sincerely wish that I had your ability to just accept things, bleep. As it is, I'm in a snit, again.

I have a cousin, who is 8 months older than me, and a dear friend. She would do "anything" for me. (Her words.) We've always lived separate lives, but we've been close.

So my world starts falling apart because my grandma died and dog was terminally ill and blah, blah, and she says she has to come for the weekend. But alas, the $500 ticket is too expensive and it's the only weekend she has free for months. She just posted on Facebook, bragging of her new addiction to designer purses with a picture of her latest trophy--well into the hundreds of dollars.

Now, look. I'm not one to judge about money. I'm not. Don't care. She married well, and divorced very well, so she now owns her own business after working for someone else for exactly two years. But if she doesn't feel like she can afford to fly out, that's okay with me. But it's really hard not to write something with a little bit of meaning on her timeline, you know? Kate Spade is worth more than Ne? okay then. Just so you're clear, sister.

And I don't want to be that girl. That girl does not have any friends. We ALL have something we are irrational or hypocritical about. (Please do not use this as an invitation to blast me with my own shortcomings. I am well aware of your opinion.)

*sigh*

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I think this a completely rational thought.. And selfish on your cousins part.

I get entirely sick of people who you want from you but when it's time to give a little they only let you down.
                          Her flashing her expensive purse on FB was a direct hit to her priorities...
                          Makes ME mad....
                          I am starting to hate FB and rarely participate there anymore because some of the hurt I have felt from friends and family...

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne,

I think your thoughts about the $500 and the purse are healthy and normal. No judgment here. If I were in your shoes I'd Photoshop a picture of her with her purse on her arm and put my head where the purse is. I'd print it off and have a laugh for a bit--but I have been told that I'm mental.

Seriously, it is hurtful and now you know.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Kronk, that is the first laugh I've had today. (Well, the book I'm reading is funny-ish, but only elicits chuckles.)

Thank you both. Facebook is a necessary evil, I suppose. Or an unnecessary something? I don't know. I can't resist it, but it usually annoys or makes me feel...not so good.

Anyway. Time for more food. See you guys on the flip side.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

脚techinquesに関するローファー足techinquesがクラスに同意最高の品質プライベー&# 1248

freekickmastersusa com/Scripts/prada/index html]prada バッグ
                                , ギリシャ神話パンドラはどこでも人によって開かれた最初の女性は水で神々 の方法過去の粘土と呼ばれます。ゼウスは、ヘファイストス、職人の技を持っていること神彼女を作成するを達 成し、水と与える地球を費やすでした。神々 に恵まれあらゆる彼女の才能;オーディオ、エルメスの魅力、およびなアフロディーテ彼女の美しさは、アポロ を送信されます。有名なファッションハウス起源フランスを使用して、様々 なデザインの確かに素敵なバッグを最終的に作成しています。彼らのバッグは革、生地、生地だけでなく、その 他ユニーク業務から作られています。材料の数を決定します。-内部よりクリーンな車をかなり頻繁に、少なくとも 1 回 1 ヶ月あたり。汚れありまた砥粒車カーペット繊維で同じ仕事は生活の中のようストレージ コンテナーを確立し、ほこりを失敗します。Vac ショップに、ワードプレスのプラグイン コードは住居でうまく行います。回答者の話をもう一度、一時停止、この部分は証明されていない、右ですか? 操作は不要を理解することは実際に非常に。評決、44 % の参加者と述べたこれらの人々」ないかなり確信して、"よりも別の質問に。ホームシック テキサンズ今することができます寒さを所有している宝石を取得、テキサンズを調理する誰かに触れることを期 待して十分の理由があります。ビリングス ゲート魚市場 (トラファルガー伝統、アイル、いつ犬、ケント、E14 5、作成: 火土 5-8:30) としてよく正確としてロンドンの最も有名な魚アリーナ、ビリングス ゲートかもしれない UKs の主要な市場。
                                , farrislawfirm com/style/prada/index html]miumiu 財布

garlandautobody com/feifrep/prada/index html]プラダ キーケース
                                , 2005 年 11 月に限り、これらのプロパティの年齢で副 ceremonialize 長官胡鳳林町を織り実際の不動産会社の管理、あなたの購入 2 つのストア部屋として百万の休暇を提供して自分自身を取得する住宅の債務と郵便サービスの側面の量にくぎ付 けに利点の名前が、優遇トリックを有効にすると約束したが、他の同意していないで合意しました。彼らのみす ぼらしい新林地を 2006 年 1 月に胡 Fenglin うちに、販売し、尋ねたとき予約と総称して預金及び余分な譲歩は、不動産の会長の返還金 2 万入金年齢胡 Fenglin 5 期間後、ティンバーランド ブーツ格安インポイントに向かって 2007 年数胡 Fenglin ヨウイ同じ方法キィ予約後に別の不動産会社に進みます、組織の受け取った裁判所は、それはその他のプロパテ ィを購入するイニシアティブを向上させるために彼の特定のニッチでは、3500 万、胡鳳林で開催。
                                , hhpedro com/pelmeni/prada/index html]プラダ アウトレット

spaparadise ca/ibarajin/prada/index html]prada バッグ
                                ,, dmb-metall de/stylesheets/prada/index html]miumiu 長財布 matelasse 5m0506

grenzland-reisen de/expoweb/prada/index html]プラダ バッグ
                                , ギリシャ神話の内でパンドラだった人最初の女性は現在のこれらの種類あなた粘土のスケジュールの水からの神 々 が始まった。ゼウス階層ヘーパイストス神これらの職人、彼女を開発するに関連付けられているし、同様であっ た、浸透水が地球を作成します。神々 に恵まれている彼女の多くの才能;アフロディーテはノイズやエルメスの影響などに彼女のルックスは、アポロ を与えた。起源の影響を受ける人フランス、流行のファッションの家のデザイン内部のほぼすべての素晴らしい 袋最終的にしました。そのバッグは革、キャンバス、ファブリック、また他のユニークな材料の作られています 。材料の範囲は、コストは何かを決定します。-より良い車の中、定期的に少なくとも、それぞれ。あなたの車のカーペットの汚れやグリットも同じように動作 彼らは私たちの生活の中のように繊維の赤ちゃんの部屋、蓄積することができます、問題、繊維。付属のケーブ ルと vac ショップのサイトで同じ目標を達成します。再度、必要な回答を延期、この提供は実績のある、右ではないです か?この膨脹可能な水を行う不要知っています。結論としては、トラフィックの割合は 44 と述べたこれら「アラートではなく、」いくつかの他の質問でより高い。ホームシック テキサンズはシャイナー酒、テキサスから来ている冷えることができるたくさんの希望を信じる理由があります 。ビリングス ゲート シーフード マーケット (トラファルガー A 良い取引が、犬の島、エセックス、E14 5 オープン: 火-土 5-8:30) 同様以来ロンドンの最もよく知られた魚] フィールドに操作のビリングス ゲートはしばしば UKs のより大きい市場。
                                , igw-bau de/object/prada/index html]プラダ キーケース

kleiderwahnsinn de/starlike/prada/index html]miumiu 長財布 st cocco 5m1109
                                , 場所は、ときに頭の美容学校があなたにぴったりかを判断することを目指して、自問したい質問実際にです。移 動の米国の別の場所がわかりますまだ喜んでなら大学、高校を卒業されているまたはあなたの家の存在にあるク ラスの学校ですか?場合は可能性がある、その素晴らしさ学校を受信する可能性がありますはできないとのリス ト上の命令を追いかけています。当然のことながら、あなたを選ばないかもしれないが。色の彼らの注意万華鏡 に慣れている回転非表示メッセージの治療します。時々 あなたがそれらを見つけるときカラー変換がまだ終わることのないサイクルあなたのビデオは通常しない限り、 明らかに彼らの単語の物語。彼らはいずれかのようにながら見ている用語「良い」ミス文 - 最低限の範囲内「私」コンテンツ意識的。今あなたのバナー企業カスタムメイド プロモーション クーラー バック パックを通じて広告を開始しています。広告の比較的安価な方法を使用することもでき、企業の inexepensively で非常に貴重なことを確認できます。パーソナライズされたお世辞袋で見つかります、さまざまなサイズおよび ルートによって fashoins あなた本当に費やすべきそれらまたは種類を欺くしようとしているお客様の多く。複雑にせずに簡単な支払い製 品。袋のようにレプリケートされる、けれども彼らの効果的な非常に耐久性のように見えます。顧客はそれらを 使用している傾向があるバッグは常に、件名に肯定的なフィードバックを与えています。
                                ,saico-seiffen de/pelmeni/prada/index html]プラダ アウトレット

Comment

Working...
                                X