Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

Wowsers, never a dull moment around here Ne!

Congrats on getting the job! Here's hoping hubby is as good as he needs to be...

Comment

Progress thread for ne

:goodjob: Congrats on your new job Ne!!!! That's wonderful. Good luck to your husband, I hope he interviews well and keeps his job. I know the job climate in this country is scary at best.

I was going to tell you how awesome I think you are and then read that comment to Low and laughed. I was then going to post bite me to anyone who doesn't like my lingo. I saw you used that phrase too and laughed again. Just sayin :H. Thanks for your posts. I have to agree that SE's have nothing to do with emotional imbalance or hysteria. Except for me when I'm premenstrual :upset:. Last week. You may read some irritable and angry posts. Just ignore me at those times. I'm mostly a rational and kind human being.

If we look at alcoholism as a disease and look at baclofen as a pharmacologic treatment then we have to be aware that we are going to have a huge range of SE's at varying doses. An example I like to think of, is the treatment for heart failure with Coreg. Coreg is a first line treatment for heart failure. It is an amazing, almost miraculous drug, for a condition that is somewhat hard to treat. The problem with Coreg is that it has to be titrated, and that people can experience severe, even debilitating SE's when starting it. The "golden dose" is sometimes hard to get to. Cardiologists are hard pressed to tell anyone to stop, because it likely will add many good years on to the patient's life. They just have them titrate differently, constantly playing with the patient's dose, until they can live and work on it. They consider that every patient has a different physiology and response. Btw, it can take a couple months of titrating, and it's hit or miss to get to the proper dose of Coreg. Not unlike baclofen. No one tells these patients they are suffering from hysteria or whatever.

Unfortunately, we don't have alcoholism clinics that just play with pharmacology like we do heart failure clinics. I hope some day (maybe we are the beginning), there will be. Many alcoholics do have underlying disorders. As do many diabetics, people with heart disease, cancer, you get my point. Often the underlying disorders are directly related to alcoholism. I mean anxiety, depression, and hypertenion. Sometimes, the alcohol use disorder has to be treated to even know if you really need to treat the other disorders or if they are the cause of alcohol abuse.

I think we are going to find if we encourage everyone to tell their unique story, that baclofen may be very much like Coreg. People are going to need to titrate it differently. Coreg has a standard dose you start with, but after that it gets more complicated. I think that Dr L's generic titration schedule isn't going to work for everyone. Maybe even the majority from what I've been reading. It is a generally a safe way to start and with minimal risk.

Okay, now that this has taken me hours to write and I've been interrupted no less than 25 times, I'm going to post. Not sure what's been cross posting in the meantime. I'm not even going to edit. Please don't mind my grammar or punctuation. It is damn hard for me to even write something this long. I'll try to come back and edit this later, as I always do.
      This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I have nothing intelligent (or likely even coherent) to add to this except:

Right on sisters!

Oh, and congratulations on the new job, Ne. And best of luck to hubby.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Hey Karen, congrats on the new job, hope hubs gets to keep his job too and is recognized for being as good as he is. Keep us posted.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

eminem sells chrysler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKL254Y_jtc[/video]]YouTube - Chrysler Eminem Super Bowl Commercial - Imported From Detroit
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Progress thread for ne

And yes, congratulations and jubilation! :banana:

I hope you're going for 6 figures...
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

but sorry about your husband's precarious position. Probably makes him drink more. Hope it doesn't affect you. But it won't, we know.wl:

Comment

Progress thread for ne

You got the job!! Congrats.

You've proven you can beat the men Dr. K will be so proud.
                    Hope the job-troubles won't affect the lifes too much.
                    Low

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

People who can type quickly are annoying. I bet your post and my post took the same amount of time to type.

Who is Dr K?

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne/Neva Eva;1068018 wrote:
                            Thanks for the outpouring. Keep it coming, please. I would wither away if it weren't for the responses I receive.
                            Well, the least I can do is keep it coming. But, you are a force of nature, and CANNOT wither away. I'm not the only one who has enjoyed your posts immensely. Thanks so much for sharing your journey!

Please, keep it coming. :h

Comment

Progress thread for ne

And Shee-ra is back!. Of them all, I think Mighty Mouse is my favourite so far! I've got a little green dot as my avatar.

"This is how we do it in motor city?" Jesus. I'll never buy a chrysler or another eminem album ever again! How is he "sticking it to the man?" There he is, a little corporate whore, selling the man's products!

Bet he drives a volvo.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Working...
                                X