• Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

Hell, how rude of me.

Good luck Ne, I'll be thinking of you!

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Cool, a guinea pig.

Like Bleep, I'm happy with my personal situation, but I'm intrigued to know how it works out for you K. I think there's more than one way to skin the bac cat.

Good luck!

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Go into "User CP," click "Edit Options." Near the bottom you can set number of posts per page.

Wow, Ne. Waking up and reading Ringo and you have me thinking hard, as well. I think there could be some benefits for me in this direction. I'm going to give it some serious consideration. This is such an effin' ride, huh? Thanks so much for all you do to keep everyone moving along, including moving along yourself and reporting back.
        "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Progress thread for ne

RedThread12;1075098 wrote: I'm going to give it some serious consideration. This is such an effin' ride, huh?
          :H:H:H
          yes. an effin ride for sure.
          I am beside myself with excitement. I know, I know. Doubt away. There has been a disconnect in this titration debate and we're on to something new and exciting here. We'll see how it plays out, of course.

I'm very disheartened about the fact that some of our best and brightest minds are having a worthless debate about AA versus baclofen rather than how to take baclofen. What a waste.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne/Neva Eva;1075018 wrote:
            When I stopped drinking on February 4th it was a decision, an easily made one, but a decision none-the-less. I have always felt that something was missing. What is missing is the absolute indifference. I've had glimpses of it, but it's gone now.
            Yup, I know exactly what you mean. Looking back, I think that's what happened to me on my first switch too, at 155mgs. 180mgs was my "punch", even though it was evenly spaced out! Since then, I have experienced true indifference. And it's friggin awesome. If at some point what I'm doing currently stops working for me, I'll def. give the once a day a shot.

I'm so excited for you, Karen!! I have a good feeling about this... :l
            Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
            ~Clutch

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne, when using bac I used to take most of my dose right at the witching hour, or an hour prior and then again throughout it. It helped me function through the day and if I tapered down before bed, sleep problems were less severe. Of course, I was at a paltry 80mg.

I have missed something in this thread, what is your new protocol?

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Hiya, Bruun. It's not a new protocol exactly, just something that makes sense and seems to be working for people:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ess-48699.html

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Nope, it's a new protocol for Ne.

Bruun, you definitely crossed my mind today throughout this internal dialogue I'm having. I think I may have done you a disservice. I think you may have had the right of it. I'm not sure, yet.
                  I haven't figured out what I'm going to do exactly, but I'll post it here as soon as I do suss something out.

Happy to be a guinea pig. I must REALLY learn how to post piccies.

(and btw, and ftr, if you don't like it, or me, you don't have to read it, or me! :H)

And to the newbies: Follow the joy! There is a lot of joy at MWO. TONS of it. The laughter stays with me all day. I'm going to follow it.

:H:H:H:H

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Nice avatar!!!!
                      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                      :what?:
                      sigpic
                      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                      A Forum
                      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Well Ne, glad I don't know what you're thinking about because it doesn't sound like something that would make me feel warm and fuzzy! Ignorance is bliss indeed.

If you mean bac, I never ever claimed to have any knowledge about how to use bac, I only knew my own effects from it. I tried changing how I dosed a couple of times, from regular every two or three hours to doing most prior to witching a la L0op. My bac experience is very different from most due to my blood pressure and the many meds on I'm as a result. There may be other reasons too, since I come from a tree with rotten genetics. All the fruits are bruised or damaged in some strange ways. Hopefully people didn't think I just gave up for no good reason, because that's certainly not the case.

Now, I'm trying to avoid posting here in meds since I am now off all the drugs except PRN. Except I want to be supportive, so I do occassionally weigh in.

Whatever the whirlwind you're going through, I'm confident you'll end up better and happier and smarter because of it. I hope I can say the same. I'm "making the decision" to go AF for four weeks and hopefully make it far far beyond.

At that point, I should have better mental facilities and be able to understand whatever it is I'm not quite "getting" in these pages. Either way, I'm not too concerned so long as I'm not hurting anyone's feelings.

Ciao!

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Thx Tracy, I had read that thread but still couldn't really make sense of it. It could just be where my head is at today.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

So what was in the package????

If you take a pic, it's really easy to post it. Upload it to you 'puter and put it on photobucket. After you've saved it on photobucket, it lets you copy the image code. Do that, come back here, and stick the picture wherever you want to in your post.

We'll be eagerly awaiting . . .

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Also, I'm still worried about Edo. I read that one of their reactors is in danger of core meltdown (think China Syndrome stuff). It's just crappy what is happening to Japan.:upset:

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X