Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

The ne Salon...

Yes, as always, good discussion, entertainment and inspiration to be found here at the Ne Salon.

A breath of sanity in the MWO maelstrom.

(perhaps 'sanity' was not the precise word?)

And I agree with everyone here about Ne's writing. She has her own unique style and voice, no doubt about it, and I hope she shoots higher than an ebook. She'll probably be giving Oprah a piece of her mind soon.

Doggygirl;1090791 wrote:
    I used to think I drank because I was bored. Now I know for sure that drinking turned me into a bored person.
    DG
    ha ha.
    I have never been bored, but I used to drink because I thought I was a boring person; Now I know that drinking turned me into a boring person.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Progress thread for ne

DG, good observation, it's another cycle of cause and result, right? Chicken and egg. I definitely am a boring person and I wasn't as a youngster, at least I didn't think I was. Now the I is little.

This little light of mine ... nfire:

I'm gonna let it shine.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Bruunhilde;1090869 wrote: This little light of mine ... nfire:

I'm gonna let it shine.
        [/SIZE][/SIZE]
        AMEN SISTAH!!! Shine that light all over the place!!!!

Ne, totally agree that you should write a book. I would buy it for sure. :h

How are you Beatle? Things really get nutty around here sometimes don't they. For me it was a bit like watching a train wreck. Didn't want to stare but couldn't stop reading it. Not productive, really. Glad things have calmed down a bit. Either that or the new rounds of chaos have thankfully escaped my notice.

Ne Salon. I like that.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ah, drinking as a form of social lubrication - used to be my favourite, as well. I'd get so lubricated I would slide right out of the evening and not even know it, usually declaring the evening a smashing success. I've also been told the light switch analogy.

Ed's good, easy to type. Better than Constantinople and Bartholomew, certainly. It's a treat that Ed's journey is going so smoothly, but I think we could all benefit from having live-in mentors. It's a good thing you both didn't decide to do this at the same time, I could see some hilarious situations developing!

Tell Ed we are looking forward to meeting him, and that we wish him well on his journey.

If you see a good film, please let me know - I haven't seen one worth watching for ages. Plus, given the somnolence I still go through, it has to be a scorcher just to keep me awake.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I'm on my droid at a hotel so i can't quote easily or respond much but Re: the movie, have you seen The Other Guys?

Edit: It's more of a scorcher, rather than one with substance... but it's a good one.
              :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
              :what?:
              sigpic
              Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
              A Forum
              Trolls need not apply

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Will Ferrel is a genius. Say no more.

I'd forgotten about him, thanks.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

bleep;1091079 wrote: Will Ferrel is a genius. Say no more.

I'd forgotten about him, thanks.
                  Hmm... I guess I can quote.

Omg have you not seen it?
                  :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                  :what?:
                  sigpic
                  Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                  A Forum
                  Trolls need not apply

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I'm going to have to check out The Other Guys.

I watched a movie this weekend. I wouldn't say it has substance, but I did enjoy it. It's called The Tourist. It's kind of a chick flick but has the shoot em up stuff, guys might like too. Far fetched, yes. Without saying too much, it has a twist.

Now that I put it out there, I hope this wasn't the movie you were referring to Ne.
                    This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Progress thread for ne

No, I have seen it - I really like WF, his humour is fantastic. He deserves awards of some sort. Have you guys seen Anchorman? One of those films you'll either love or hate.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I think Anchorman is hilarious!

Comment

Progress thread for ne

hmmm. Lo0p whatcha doin'?

I like Will Ferrel, too. He is a genius and doesn't seem like he's addicted ... yet. I didn't know they made comic geniuses that weren't like us!?

Um, redH, that WAS the movie I was referring to! lololol! I was boooored! And just kept thinking how much of an alien whats-her-name looks like. Too skinny! Her face! crikey! Ed, however, completely disagreed about the fact that I thought she looked like a freak, but he was nice enough not to point out her other attributes...
                          I like it when she's got big guns and kills bad guys and there are big explosions. That's my idea of a good chick flick. (The chase scenes through Venice in a boat? Are you kidding me? I could WALK faster. just sayin)

Comment

Progress thread for ne

That's funny. I swear, I was writing it and had a feeling. I just knew it. I needed a mindless escape this weekend and MWO, wasn't it!!

As far as her looking like a freak, definately. What other attributes? She is disgustingly skinny. She does have boobs, but they are clearly fake. No one could have boobs and be that skinny. Not that the male species cares too much, what's real and what's fake. I, however, find great joy in being critical.

I think Johnny Depp is a phenomenal actor. Not that you could see it in this movie, but I wanted to watch it just because he was in it.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I've just downloaded The Other Guys it looks hilarious. Thanks for the recommendation.

RE the drinking when bored thing. I've been pondering this and I used to think that was the case with me, but now I'm not drinking, I don't have time to get bored. God knows how people manage to organise their lives with kids in the house. Nasty, dirty, noisy little things, demanding attention all the time and expecting to be fed regularly, "forage child, for God's sake forage!".

I don't get bored (which is a great surprise to me), but I do miss being able to reward myself with a drink after a good day's work, or completing an odious task I've been putting off, or just because I've woken up without a hangover. Rewarding myself with food just doesn't cut it (plus I'm going on a diet) and coffee or tea? Nah, they're essentials, not rewards. As time goes by I'm finding I don't expect the rewards in the same way as I used to, so I guess they were expected and not needed.

Talking of "as time goes by" 2 months today Ne! Woohoo!

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Progress thread for ne

redhead77;1091120 wrote: She does have boobs...
                                Red, everything you said after that was redundant. :H

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Working...
                                X