• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Neva,

Baclofen? What the hell is that? Neva you gave me my life back. You are an angel. Thank you God!

Swear
      The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne/Neva Eva;1100452 wrote: And before I continue going all alarmist or whatever, there is also a VERY expensive rehab in Georgia (US) using high-dose-bac and Nal to cure patients of alcoholism as well. Right now. As we read.

hmmm. Thinking caps.
        Ne,

Can you post what rehab and where?

Thanks!!
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne, I too wish I knew what he meant by "it's scary." He did NOT say "it doesn't work." I actually have come up with an address and I think I'll write him a letter when I have some time this week. I'm just curious.

Of course that will be AFTER I see the piccy of Bruun's German Boyfriend.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne, I am a little unclear about something - if you aren't craving at 140, why would you go back up?
                    Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
                    - Jacob August Riis

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I think Pbar because she feels better in other areas of her life, on a higher dose. I may be wrong, but that's what I got out of it.
                      This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne I'd be willing to bet that all the good things you are feeling are more related to sobriety than anything else. I think we as alcoholics spend a lot of time self loathing during the active phases. It really sucks and we spend so much energy trying to justify and hide the extent of our drinking, but inside we know we are lying so I think we wreck our own self esteem big time. How about this-- you are seeing the potential that has always been there, you are just in a place to finally realize it.

I often think about Sunny's bac experience. IIRC she only takes 20mg of bac these days and all the good things about being sober have remained. For me my plan is to stay on bac at whatever dose I need to for as long as I need in order to re-train my brain and lifestyle. (is re-train a word? lol). My feeling is whatever issues I have as a result of my alcoholism didn't happen over night and I won't cure them over night. I sometimes worry about long term bac use, especially as it relates to physical dependency but I also know full well that the alternative is MUCH worse.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Chi;1101426 wrote: Ne I'd be willing to bet that all the good things you are feeling are more related to sobriety than anything else.
                              Ditto
                              Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
                              - Jacob August Riis

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne, we've already established I think that we have a lot in common in terms of "how it was" (complete and utter misery) when AL dominated everything.

Years ago, AL used to "adjust things" for me. Take bad feelings, stressful feelings, whatever feelings, and change it. I suppose at some point it "made it all feel better."

That is what I was used to doing. Feel one way, want to feel some other way, drink.

It has taken some real getting used to - after an entire adult life of daily drinking - to allow natural highs and lows to occur in my life. I have days like those really excellent ones you describe. Full of clarity and motivation and being on top of the world - a quite nice natural high!

I also have days where I feel muddled and un-energetic. Natural lows I guess.

Getting past my desire to "fix it" with a chemical took some time. There are still days where feeling a little blue will make me nervous. I still have to remind myself that almost 3 years of living without AL is a short amount of time compared to an entire adult life of using AL for everything.

Your experience may end up being similar to mine or completely different. I would personally be a little nervous about trying to achieve a particular feeling with a medication unless I was 100% sure that medication was absolutely necessary for me to function. (and I'm not talking about AL cravings here since you are not having those - I'm talking about the other thing.)

FWIW as always. Feel free to tell me to shut up. We can do that among freinds. :l

DG
                                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X