Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

Bruun. I'm so sorry. I know. I didn't mean to hurt you. You have been making huge progress. Stay close.
    xxoo

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I just got off the phone with alexan. I talked to him for an hour and a half.

I completely disagree with you on all points. The reaction by the members that I saw here was humorous for me at the very least. The words unnecessary, reactionary, baseless and stupid also come to mind. Still love you though. :h
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Progress thread for ne

You'll have to set me straight tomorrow friend. Wouldn't be the first time you set me straight. You even disagree that we can do this w/o a doc? Sigh... See you in the morn. Love you bac

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Liked the Dr bit but the definition bit could do with some work:H

Nice to see you all perky as usual.:good:

:l to everyone at MWO
          Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Hi Ne,

Your thread, as usual, has tons of stuff to respond to. So much so that I am overwhelmed, and can't respond to any of it. It's nice to see some expletives, I hope they don't get edited out!

I found myself agreeing with all of your points, and then nodding along with Lo0p. I wish I had a firm viewpoint with all of this. I think I need to come up with a stance and stick to it, vacillating like this is hurting my head.

I think that if you made a policy to never delete and/or edit your posts, your thread would be better for it. ftr. just sayin'

Thanks for the hug Ig.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Logged on to MWO a couple days ago. Got really outraged and depressed. Read through the first few pages of the new bac-bashing thread and just couldn't bear to go on.

I lay awake at night composing responses, mulling options (completely leave MWO? Jump in and set the whole damn record straight?) (yeah, I composed some briliant posts that night. at least that's what I thought)...

It all became too much for me. As before, and before that.

This time I went straight to this thread in my precious time here.

And this is where I will stay.

Everything I've been reading on this thread that has happened in the past couple days is so uplifting -- and humorous, thought-provoking, and informative... that's the way I choose to spend my time here.

Thank you all for the rational, heartfelt, and eloquent expressions. I feel renewed hope for MWO. And dare I say it? I LOVE you people :armsaround: I really honestly do.

I wish I could respond to many of the specifics written here, but obviously don't have the time. Just want to thank you all -- and I will be here (if not much elsewhere).:groupluv:

:egad:

:illbeback:
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Progress thread for ne

p.s. I have no idea what is going on between you and Lo0p, Ne, and what he disagrees with you about. Have I missed something? I don't like to harp, but it's this kind of thing that really bothers me about these blog threads. Long interesting discussions go on, interesting, funny, enlightening, etc.,lots of opinions and information sharing, a flow is going, fast interchanges, building on each other,and then people start talking about phone calls and disagreeing... sorry-- don't mean to harp on two of my favorite members here -- two of the most supportive one, as well -- but I have to say it or it will fester...
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne, I thought Dr L was available to everyone in America. I assumed telephone conversations were an option rather than a physical visit. If so, I can't think of any reason why people wouldn't use that service. I agree about the "fucking idiot" definition and a consultation with a doctor could help dissuade the fucking idiotness behaviour.

One other thing. I know a lot of people find your updates important and seem to rely on them but you shouldn't feel compelled to post here every day if it's not what you want to do. Think about yourself. You have no duty here.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Hello beatle, Welcome back,
                    Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

Progress thread for ne

beatle and bleep are back! Hi! :l

I went to bed and woke up berating myself about that post. I still think it's out of sorts. I decided I am going to have to reflect on, and edit (offline) any post that uses the word 'fuck' and the word 'idiot' in the same sentence.

Mostly because I have been a fucking idiot too many times to count. Writing those words, when they're directed at me is kind of painful. And the post was hurtful in other ways, too.

That said...Well, I stand by the sentiments.
                      • One does not need a doctor's supervision to do this without serious repercussion and harm.
                      • One does need a modicum of common sense to do this.A willingness to ask for, and then listen to, suggestions goes a long way toward success.

beatle;1103721 wrote: p.s. I have no idea what is going on between you and Lo0p, Ne, and what he disagrees with you about. ...
                      There wasn't any offline correspondence in this case! I agree with you about good stuff being left out and I'm trying very hard not to do that. I'll let him point out what he disagrees about, because I don't know for sure. I do know for sure that I think taking gobs of bac and expecting results in a short amount of time is foolhardy. There are way too many examples, (within the last 24 hours, there are three,) of people who have ended up delirious and delusional. Literally. Great way to end up in the ER. I am NOT calling those people idiots, not by any stretch. I've taken too much bac. I've experienced those things, too. Many of us have. It's manageable, until it's not and becomes urgent. Someone (37degrees) wrote on this thread that a psychiatric emergency is still an emergency. I thought he was calling me crazy. Now I think he was just pointing out that when one is losing it, and I was, it's not unreasonable to treat it as an emergent situation and get help immediately.

There are a number of people on the forum right now with medical knowledge. They are understandably alarmed. I completely understand that. For me, it was worth the risk. For many others like me, it is worth it. I don't want those people to continue to lurk or hide their SEs or quit because they think they are unique in their experience. That is also one of the points I was trying to make.

There are also a number of people around here who, like me, are drunk (I was) foolhardy and at their wit's end. The post was for them, too. You can take bac. You don't have to fear it. A very healthy respect for the medicine, and for what you are trying to accomplish is extremely important.
                      terryk;1102231 wrote:

http://www.baclofene-alcool.fr/index...ownload&id=90:

Baclofen for the Treatment of alcoholism
                      R. Beaurepaire

A real motivation to stop drinking appears as a prerequisite for the Baclofen is effective.
                      Side effects of baclofen were another obstacle to its effectiveness. In the aforementioned study on on 60 cases in three months, we reported that more than 80% of patients reported side effects.
                      I write here, Murphy, because it's cathartic for me. Because I love it here. Because I get great feedback from those who are farther along in their journey than I am. And because every now and then I get a message from an unfamiliar name that something I wrote inspired them.

The rest? That's just kerfuffle. (dangerous. sad. infuriating. but still kerfuffle.)

:h and :l
                      Ne

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Reggie;1103812 wrote: just apply some go away cream to that shite
                        OMG, Reg. Where do I get some of that cream??? And does it work on everything from wrinkles to onerous neighbors to taxes?

Hay-zeus! I think we'd make a fortune.

We need you, too. Keep that in mind.
                        :l
                        Ne
                        (loved yesterday's tune. Will listen to today's selection now. thanks!)
                        Edit: oooh. loooooooove Bryan Ferry. omg. I'm such an 80s chick. And that song? My first real lover put it on a cassette tape for me. lol

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Murphyx;1103742 wrote: Ne, I thought Dr L was available to everyone in America. I assumed telephone conversations were an option rather than a physical visit. If so, I can't think of any reason why people wouldn't use that service.
                          Yep, that's my understanding and been my experience. He has certainly brought me a great deal of comfort among many other things.

beatle, for some reason I can't quote you. Did you put some sort of mojo on your posts???

Anyway, glad you find this a safe place. Me, too.

xo

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Lo0p;1103624 wrote: I just got off the phone with alexan. I talked to him for an hour and a half.

I completely disagree with you on all
                            points. The reaction by the members that I saw here was humorous for me at the very least. The words unnecessary, reactionary, baseless and stupid also come to mind. Still love you though. :h
                            Those are some pretty bold statements. Lo0p, I don't have a phone or pm relationship with this guy. He was taking bac in a very extreme manner. A potentially dangerous manner. I was worried about him. Yes, I guess he hadn't been on the 340 for very long. Maybe withdrawal wouldn't have occured. It seems we don't have enough information to try to test or push the limits. Just because it worked for you, does not mean it will work for everyone (or anyone else for that matter). There have been more than a few people who have tried to do rapid titration and ended up in a bad way.

Still love you though.
                            This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I've got to get to my nephew's 2nd birthday party well...right now, then straight to work all weekend. :upset:

Talked to alexan for another 2 hours last night. I can't speak for him but I can say he was sane and fine and was never in any danger. He was doing what everybody else here does: listening to his body.

Withdrawal was never a possibility (yes I've got a reference for that plus personal experience), and if it was he would have been fine because he's not stupid (or a ----- ----- nm).

I kinda feel like I've found my long lost brother. Anyway I've gotta run. Sorry for the brain-scattered response (yes there's a LOT more than this)

Re: the doctor issue, you'll see why I feel the way I do. The non-emotional version is: If I had a pro-baclofen doctor like Lawrence Doyle (the one I converted) when I needed one back in the fall of '09, I'd be dead today.

Don't even want to hit post but otherwise I'd just disappear for two days.

edit: Alexan might decide to fill us in on more details but if I were him I'd be afraid to and probably rightfully feel like I were throwing myself to the wolves.
                              sigpic

A Forum
                              Trolls need not apply

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne/Neva Eva;1103808 wrote: There wasn't any offline correspondence in this case!
                                There was a kiss, dammit! :-* You don't remember the kiss? :upset:
                                sigpic

A Forum
                                Trolls need not apply

Comment

Working...
                                X