Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

ok, you saw the first one, which only confirms my dyslexia and impulsiveness. But shit, is my dyslexia so bad that I still don't know what the word is?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Progress thread for ne

you're the reading-est dyslexic I know. Yes. Can't tell you how many times I've done that. Better than sending delusional FB messages, based on 'conversations' that never happened except in my mind. THAT is one for the fun SEs threads when I can bring myself to admit it. ooop. just did.
      You'll get used to the regret re. posts very quickly when you just let it all hang out. Don't edit. We don't like that.
      No, you still haven't said what the word is.
      And I got nothing. And I'm possibly offline in about 20 minutes. so hurry up.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Just a quick note before I leave work. Saw your troubles though Karen and wanted to at least respond with something!
        Bruunhilde's advice is WONDERFUL! I completely echo her sentiments.
        I'd advise that you get yourself some Emergen-C (Walgreens and CVS both make their own brands, same difference, lower price) and take it at least twice if not three times a day while you're feeling yucky. I do this even when people around me are sick, and so far (lest I jinx myself by saying this!) I've not gotten sick. Though I REALLY thought I was last Friday, I managed to beat it.

I think it's the lack of sleep that is making everything else suck so much. I know I'm having a hard time of things lately, just regular daily stuff, not even all the bullshit that you are dealing with! And I'm getting more sleep than you! Maybe look into what UKB suggested to Serenity. Amyl something or other, sorry, don't have time to check right now. Supposedly cheap online and safe as well! You gotta get some sleep.

I like AFV (America's Funniest Videos) for a good laugh. I know it's all so juvenille, but I can't help but laugh so hard at some of those clips that I can barely breathe and I'm tearing up. It's good therapy! :H

I'll read and post more later when I get home (assuming I don't fall into a coma immediately). In the meantime, lots of BIG :ls!!! Sorry things are shitty lately and that the flu has found its way in as well. One day you'll be able to look back and be glad you went through it all though to come out all fresh and new on the other side. Err, something like that! =)
        Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
        ~Clutch

Comment

Progress thread for ne

probably too late, huh?

But the word... what is it?
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

ok, back to you, Is... a separate sleep issues thread, then?

Comment

Progress thread for ne

neva is talking about the cool word for the day. Someone is supposed to use a funky word that isn't well known. It's late, and I'm tired, so I'm going to go with a word Is used, then crawl back to my pit...

Wonderful.

And yes, appropriately / ironically, a sleep thread...

Comment

Progress thread for ne

You need those kidneys to process massive doses of baclofen. I won't allow it! :H
                :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                :what?:
                sigpic
                Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                A Forum
                Trolls need not apply

Comment

Progress thread for ne

neva eva;1053482 wrote: Pharmacy has messed up 3 times in the last week and I only have enough to tide me over until Sat. The last THREE THOUSAND MGS lasted just over a week, and had to pay out of pocket because I just don't have time/energy to argue with insurance company/walgreens atm.

Lest you think I'm being dramatic, just this morning, since 4 am:
                  The car, not sure, but will hopefully get call sometime today with estimate. The computer finally gave it's last gasp. The flu has entered the building. Husband issues. New developments happening with the job that are rather alarming and have friends coming out of the woodwork offering support.
                  No sleep, weird dreams. Two nights ago I felt perilously close to delusion/halluncination/something v. wonky going on. Literally could not stay awake, but when I was felt ... well, let's just leave it at that. despair alternates with determination. despair weighs much more heavily.z. seriously? whatever.)
                  Ahhh, NE, what a terrible series of events to have to endure! And yet, with the bac, you now have to endure them as a fairly sober person! I can truly empathize.

I hope that you can endure them without the fog of AL. And that you will continue to post here, as your posts make my day! :l :h I know that you will get through them. And you will persevere. Something about your perseverance makes me feel that much more determined when I step into the higher doses! Once you get your computer bac up & running, do check in and let us know how things are going for you. I :h you! --K

Comment

Progress thread for ne

neva eva;1053700 wrote:
                    You'll get used to the regret re. posts very quickly when you just let it all hang out. Don't edit. We don't like that.
                    I know, I know... I'm just so persnickety. I think it's a congenital condition.

(There's my word suggestion for the day: persnickety)

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Persnickety is one of my fave words, ever!
                      Though I like wonderful, too. I use that to describe just the ho-hum, though, given that I'm the queen of hyperbole. So I'm going to use persnickety as much as possible today.

Thanks, you wonderful people. You make my day so damn much brighter I can hardly stop grinning.

Got a pm about the whole edit/delete/regret-post thing. Let me tell you. If I can say what I've said on here and get away with it and have people reach out because of it you have got NOTHING to worry about. ALSO, suppose someone went looking for you...if you can't find the thought using your knowledge of the actual post, then no-one else is going to look. So much of what I've written is to stroke my own ego, or someone else's, and still, I suppose there is some value. At least I've been told. So no worries, friends. (beatle, you keep on editing sister, you're good at it and it makes you v. valuable. If and when I can take criticism maybe you can help me be a little more, um, concise. less reactionary? less full of shit? good luck with that!):H

yes, Is, bruun is brilliant and not just on here, either. Can't wait to put into practice the stuff she's taught me. (so are you , Is. Lots to talk to you about.)

You know what I love about MWO? The pms. I get the kindest ones. And I've been several people's 'first.' ( I know what my first meant to me!) Thanks, friends for the ones I got today. And yesterday and the day before, etc... xoxoxoxo

Keeping the kidney. Unless I get a good offer. Ne wants a mac... Also, eating my almonds. Glad someone's around who is still under the impression that I might actually follow direction. ('allow'? what're you going to do??? :H) xo

Last night was a gift. (almost a miracle, but trying to use that less in deference to AllyB)

Very Important Point:
                      THE AMOUNT OF BAC I HAVE TAKEN OVER THE LAST WEEK HAS BEEN VERY ERRATIC. I know from personal experience that my SEs are more difficult for the first 24 hours after I change the dose. And I think I've fluctuated between 280mg/day and 340mg/day over the last 7 days. The result? Lousy SEs. (ok. worse than that. this week suuuuuuuuuucked!)

I get to buy a new computer this weekend!!! Woohooo! You can't imagine what that means, will have to fill you in next time.
                      4am is pretty lonely/quiet w/o you people. Although rather productive.

I am very worried that I chased someone off around here. It is causing me considerable angst. I can't do anything about it, for obvious reasons. just a subtle hint, in case someone knows more than I.

Can't stay, can't even read the other threads. crikey. sorry for the tome and the brevity. Trying to cover too much in too little space. Leaves me breathless!

:ls and :h and I swear to you, THIS ROCKS!
                      K
                      bleep, you are in my mind, if not in this post and rock on you mwo stalwart. several others too.
                      sere, at the spca last week and saw a mastiff/golden mix that may have be goose's new bff. husband is even intrigued. thought of you immediately. koko. :h you too

Comment

Progress thread for ne

NE you will NEVER scare me off!!! Have a good day!!!
                        "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Hey Nev,

Love you lots. Glad you're doing better!! (Phew!) Thanks for the very generous call-out, you just made my frustrating Friday a bit brighter, which was soooo needed. :l

And thanks for reminding us to keep consistent in our doses. I am beginning to really understand the impact myself, of being erratic. Went to 80 yesterday and am having problems today, mostly head fog and gut issues which is partly due to the monthly GI shutdown I enjoy as a girl.

The good news is bac helps with cramps! Have you had that experience? I'll have to post this on the SE's thread of Murphs, I'm sure he'll appreciate it. LOL.

PS. I love editing, sorry if it bugs you all, but I hate typos and grammar issues, and sometimes I want to lighten my tone after I've posted even though I've previewed it to death, I miss stuff sometimes.....

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Bruun, I hate to say it, especially in light of your editing, but your ellipsis has five dots, instead of the more accepted three... Still, you are forgiven, I do the same!

Serious grammar nit ITT: You ellipsis is actually called an aposiopesis (sp?). This is most certainly not my word for the day. Your posts are very cool, keep them coming!

Comment

Progress thread for ne

LOL Bleep, I know there are mistakes, I'm terrible with the dots, but think how much worse it would be without the edits! I am def NOT a detail person.

Love your posts too, thx! I am a real Ho for Humor.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Thanks Bruun!

It would appear the mac gods were not smiling down on our friend this weekend...

Comment

Working...
                                X