Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

can you please direct me to the post where I was dismissive of you?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Progress thread for ne

And where did bleep ask about changing his name? I'm anal, I know, and I have 3,935 posts (before this one) to prove it.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

3,937 after I post this.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I have to go! I will probably be back later tonight, but must attend to life for a couple hours (3,938)

Comment

Progress thread for ne

OH MY GOD!
            :H

Comment

Progress thread for ne

3 942

I think you may have misinterpreted something beatle?

Comment

Progress thread for ne

No, I posted 4 times on my my own thread after that. Now 5.

I'm hard to keep up with. Not as hard as you, though.

3,943 (subject to change within minutes).

Comment

Progress thread for ne

:H:H:H

Thanks, peeps. The voice, unlike boobs, is not something one can choose to flaunt or not. (I'm almost too old for flaunting anything I'm afraid. But not quite yet!)
                  But thanks. It is very funny to me that I have an accent.

And beatle, HA! who knew? All that and funny, too. I can't remember. (that's not true. I remember EVERY time! you were never mean. just, well, made me realize that I was adding kerfuffle and not information. SEVERAL times. lol. sort of like now with the 6773 million page thread.)

Everytime I get self-conscious about posting too much I'm going to remind myself that you are a "senior member." ooooohhhhh. I think that means your important. or old. just sayin.
                  omg, just reread. seriously funny.

I changed my name by accident. I thought I was going to start the blog thing. Which I think I might. Lots of dead space over there and this would be much more appropriate there. I digress.

I hate my username. Wanted the blog to be Ne, but also neva eva going to give up neva eva because that's who I was when I picked that name, you know?

I am stone cold sober, or as sober as one can be on 260mg/day of bac. Which is remarkably sober, strangely.

My last drunk was 4+ cans of beer on Feb. 14th, Valentine's Day. Which is very appropriate because I HATE that day. *deleted for too much personal info* I feel pretty confident that if I were able to track it down I would find that my first drink may have been on Valentine's Day, for goodness sake. The only thing I can relate to about Valentine's Day is the massacre. It is VERY appropriate that I will always remember that day as the last time I got drunk against my will. I still claim, ftr, Feb 4th as my 'indifference' date, since that was the first day I didn't drink effortlessly. But I'll celebrate Feb 15th from this year forward.

And, yes. you have to pay attention to keep up! I've got more time than sense and I type faster than a speeding bullet.
                  :h

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I type at the speed of a gun. It irritates the hell out of me, and I've been meaning to take a typing tutorial for about 15 years. Maybe tomorrow.

I've never bothered with self improvement, ODAT makes it all seem pointless! That's not why though, it's more to do with laziness.

Cool to hear neva. I'm afraid that even if you change your name to harry, you will still be neva eva in my head. It's a cool name, what's so bad about it?

Comment

Progress thread for ne

DAMMIT! I just lost a very long post.

:H bleep. not into self improvement? Taking on a course of high-dose-bac treatment without medical supervision would suggest the opposite in my book. That's the very definition of self-improvement. (then again, my dictionary includes the word 'fuck' as an adverb, noun, adjective, verb, etc... and notes that it is the most underutilized word in the english language. To that point, I nominate it as the word of the day, and will try to use it as much as possible today!)

I hate the name Neva Eva because it's just too fucking negative. Neva eva going to achieve the goal, for instance... I prefer Ne as in "any" or even as in "knee" which makes me smile a little.

I also have started including my real name because I am *, I just lost her for a little while. (25 years or so) But you can call me whatever you like just so long as you call me!
                      I don't want to be ashamed or silent anymore.
                      I have the experience on a somewhat regular basis of walking or running by our homeless community while they are waiting outside of a church/soup kitchen for their next meal. I had what I thought was a brilliant idea one day. I would post that I was going to take a day off from posting to honor those still sick and suffering. A moment of silence, if you will, a la AA.
                      Then the dim bulb above my head popped on with a BRIGHT WHITE clarity. We have suffered in silence for too long. No need for more silence. It's happening right now, right here, as I write this.
                      Now when I go by these crowds, I slow down and look at them and think, "I see you. I know your suffering. I'm here."
                      To all the lurkers suffering: I see you, I know your pain. There is a new way out. It may not be the only way to fight the burden of this disease, but it might be the only way to get rid of the disease altogether.
                      I am here.

I credited Isolde for turning me on to Shawshank Redemption a couple of hundred posts ago. I think maybe it was gratitude. Haven't seen you around for a while, grat, though I've been rather busy! Hope you're doing well!

I'm busy living, atm. Which today includes a rather extensive mea culpa to the property manager. All the workman who came yesterday pretty much verified that they were doing all they could in order to take care of my petty annoyances. I hate that I recognize and can deal with my own silliness/stupidity. Damn sobriety. And a nod to AA for giving me the tools to do just that.
                      :ls and :h
                      /knee/neva eva going to drink again against my will!
                      EDIT: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...age-41376.html

Comment

Progress thread for ne

beatle;1065012 wrote:

I'm confused about the current status of Neva. Or whatever her new name is. (Does the change reflect some kind of underlying condition? just sayin (as Neva would say)).

I thought you were sober and had got over your slip(s) and figured out the whole thing. Did i just miss something here? Granted, I have been far from diligent keeping up on the threads/posts here (down to 5-6 hours a day from 8+ last week). But I talked to you last night... have I really missed something, or just misunderstood, or misinterpreted perhaps? Yeah, I'm the queen of that last one.
                        I was wondering the same thing, beatle. Even re-read a few posts twice to try and figure it out. It was more the responses than Karen's posts that threw me off though, I think. Though lately, I also feel very much like I'm misinterpreting things!

Ne/Neva Eva;1065308 wrote:
                        Taking on a course of high-dose-bac treatment without medical supervision would suggest the opposite in my book. That's the very definition of self-improvement. (then again, my dictionary includes the word 'fuck' as an adverb, noun, adjective, verb, etc... and notes that it is the most underutilized word in the english language. To that point, I nominate it as the word of the day, and will try to use it as much as possible today!)
                        Fuck yeah! :goodjob:

I hate the name Neva Eva because it's just too fucking negative. Neva eva going to achieve the goal, for instance... I prefer Ne as in "any" or even as in "knee" which makes me smile a little.
                        This reminded me of Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail... "We are the Knights Who Say.... NI!!!!" :H

I credited Isolde for turning me on to Shawshank Redemption a couple of hundred posts ago. I think maybe it was gratitude. Haven't seen you around for a while, grat, though I've been rather busy! Hope you're doing well!
                        I remember that and I also remember wondering about it! I was like, "I did? Hmm, maybe I did.. I do love that movie." Just figured it was my bac brain!

FTR Karen, even though I've only heard your voicemail so far (we really need to remedy that), I thought you had a slight accent too. Don't worry, I get told that too. Someone the other day asked if I was from the south. My dad's family is, and I guess growing up with my southern grandmother around rubbed off on me. I don't think mine is very noticeable though. It's all good, it just makes you more special! :l
                        Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                        ~Clutch

Comment

Progress thread for ne

beatle;1065012 wrote: I'm confused about the current status of Neva. Or whatever her new name is.
                          I cleared this up right?
                          Haven't had a drink since February 14th. I was 10 days sober when I drank that night. I've been 8 days sober since that day.

I found indifference on Feb. 4th, but will honor (?what the fuck ever!) my last drunk by counting continuous sobriety from February 15th onward.

Let's chat this weekend, Is. Really looking forward to it! Didn't think you had an accent, ftr!
                          :h

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Karen,
                            I found that I was spending too much time on MWO. I too lost myself about 20 years ago to this disease and for the last 3 1/2 years I've been on a mission to learn everything I've missed out on. my new passion is investing. and nutrition. and meditation. and endurance exercise.and science... on an on.
                            i don't even take BAC so all I have is an opinion not experience. still lurking and occasionally cheerleading for a newbie. hope you are well. I gravitate towards your posts. you remind me of an ex from not so long ago.
                            thanks for the Shawshank nod. gratitude

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Karen, I always love Neva Eva. It can be interpreted so many ways, you make them positive or negative, I always thought it was a combo which would be very life-like, since life is all about the juxtaposition or mishmash or melding of good/bad/etc. I thought it was a cool name, like HIP! Keep it!

LOL, or we will call you Harry. Per bleep.

Grat, have you been reading about how the dollar is going to be worth squat soon? I mean like really NOTHING?

Comment

Progress thread for ne

bruune,
                                I have been following the dollar and gold,silver,energy. some people I trust say that we are in a world of hurt with our economy. as in get ready for a collapse. I tend to be an optimistic person but these guys predicted the real estate collapse back in 2003 so...
                                hope you are doing well. grat

Comment

Working...
                                X