Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baclofenman View Post
    Mother-Fucker, my link deffo worked, I checked it in the preview pane ( i did not want to look stupid to tk) - Some fucker has mod status here and Im pretty sure I know who it is (no im not telling)

Regards

Bacman
    No, the search ids just expire quicker than I thought or are only visible to the user who made the search.

Edit:^^ this one still works for me.
    -tk
    TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Ha Ha

Too slow Terry

Best Regards

Bacman

Originally posted by terryk View Post
      No, the search ids just expire quicker than I thought or are only visible to the user who made the search.

Edit:^^ this one still works for me.
      -tk
      I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
      Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Ha Ha

Too slow Terry

Best Regards

Bacman
        No, that search id link still works for me right now - but doesn't work when I sign out of my account and try to use it.
        TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

TK

AFAIK they last about an hour as a standard default set up - Judging by the admin set up used here I would expect the Admin team to not know how to effect a hack to this

I suspect the ID's are being changed manually

Regards

Bacman

Ha Ha

Too slow Terry

Best Regards

Bacman
          Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

I suspect the ID's are being changed manually
            Huh? I'm confused. No matter what I click on, any of them, I still can't get to what you guys are seeing. I see this: (Let's see if I can do this!)

Dinner time and I'm out for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by terryk View Post
              No, that search id link still works for me right now - but doesn't work when I sign out of my account and try to use it.
              MMM - you might be right about the search id relating to the user who made the search - I have never set up a vB forum so I am not sure tbh

Ignore my PM - I still maintain there is a strange smell around

Regards

Bacman

Comment

Very frustrating. How come it's so small?

Comment

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva View Post
                  Very frustrating. How come it's so small?
                  Pnar Pnar....

Comment

Here Ne - Have a good night

Bacman
                    Huh? I'm confused. No matter what I click on, any of them, I still can't get to what you guys are seeing. I see this: (Let's see if I can do this!)[ATTACH=CONFIG]2156[/ATTACH]

Dinner time and I'm out for the night.

Comment

I have an update of sorts. I want to continue the story I started a couple of weeks ago, and bring it up to the point where I titrated WAY up on baclofen (to 420mg) and was still drinking. Which made me decide to go way down, completely to zero, and start over again.

I can't be sure why I was still drinking despite the fact that I was taking 100mg more than my original switch dose. Was it stress? I was going through some really dramatic changes in my life. (And still am, in a way.) I am taking several medications that I've never taken before. Maybe they were interacting with baclofen and keeping me from reaching indifference? I'm delving into a lot of really uncomfortable stuff with my therapist, so maybe that's a part of it. Part of it's past history. Part of it's present conditions.

My relationship with Ed is rock strong, but that doesn't mean we're having an easy time of it right now. We're not. He's finding his voice, through his own work with a therapist. And between us, it seems like we go back and forth being pissed off at each other. Nothing life-shattering, but uncomfortable and disconcerting. He is drinking very little, and probably wouldn't be drinking at all, if there wasn't so much booze in the house. I am drinking a lot more, and despite the fact that it isn't completely out of control, it's really hard for him. Understandably. He gets angry. Then I get angry at him for being angry with me over something about which I (we) feel I have very little control. There's more, too. And some of it's good stuff, but still stressful. Like the fact that I've decided to keep going to school, almost full time, in order to get my PhD. He supports that, but it ain't easy...I really didn't expect him to, honestly. I expected him to be like, "WHAT THE HELL WOMAN! GET A DAMN JOB!" lol. And he was. But he also knows that this is my life's calling...And I'm one hell of a lucky woman in that he just said okay. He's got my back. How amazing is that?

Also, I want another dog and he doesn't. We argue about that almost daily. ha. We've decided to leave it to the "Spirit of the Universe" (my words) and if the right dog comes along, we'll get her/him. So I'm sending out fervent wishes and I bet he is doing the same for the opposite result.

Anyway. All of those things, combined with the fact that I was really uncomfortable taking that much baclofen in general, made me decide to start over. So I did on January 1st. I'm not going to post my titration because it's different when you've been taking this stuff for 5 years. And I'm not very consistent about it, though I am desperately trying. (Just this morning I forgot to take the damn pills despite my phone alarm. <sigh> Must go do that now.)

So that's the end of the history. I'll try to keep up to date about what it's like. I will say that I couldn't drink more than 2 glasses of wine last night. Not sure what that's about, but maybe it's baclofen?

Cheers, peeps.

Comment

Where are you with the Bac no be?

Comment

Originally posted by nicnak68 View Post
                          Where are you with the Bac no be?
                          I'm going to interpret that to say, "Where are you with the Bac now, Ne?" lol

I don't really want to say, Nic, because my titration up has been really fast. Much too fast for anyone who hasn't been on baclofen for a long, long time. You know? And if there is one thing we all seem to have trouble with at one point or another, it's taking too much baclofen too quickly.

That said, I'm taking 180mg. I haven't experienced any SEs at all, and the moment I do, I'll go down a bit and stay until it's a good idea to go up again. I have experienced really awful SEs in the past, and have no wish to revisit those. I am even sleeping through the night. I'm not experiencing sleepiness during the day (though this could be because of some of the other medications I'm taking for depression.)

I rarely drink more than 8 beers throughout the day, and I often have my first beer around noon. (This is very embarrassing to admit. I really hope I don't get a bunch of flak for being honest about this.) But that means I don't get drunk. Usually. Four nights ago I did. I don't know how much I drank, but it was a lot of both beer and wine. I hadn't eaten all day. I had a drunken phone conversation that I'm still mortified about. I also fell down some brick stairs (just two) and bruised my shoulder and my ankle. The fall woke up my husband and he was furious with me. I was also still on the phone, so my friend heard everything, including him telling me that I was too drunk to be on the phone and needed to come to bed right NOW.

So it's not all rainbows and unicorns, obviously. Drinking alcoholically never is. Which is also obvious.

Then, yesterday, I couldn't stomach the idea of alcohol at all. I poured a glass of wine with dinner, finished that and poured another. Then ate some ice cream and didn't finish the second glass. I'm hoping it's the baclofen kicking in. But it's only 11am here, and I'm already thinking about when I can have my first drink...

Sucks.

Comment

I have an update of sorts. I want to continue the story I started a couple of weeks ago, and bring it up to the point where I titrated WAY up on baclofen (to 420mg) and was still drinking. Which made me decide to go way down, completely to zero, and start over again.

I can't be sure why I was still drinking despite the fact that I was taking 100mg more than my original switch dose. Was it stress? I was going through some really dramatic changes in my life. (And still am, in a way.) I am taking several medications that I've never taken before. Maybe they were interacting with baclofen and keeping me from reaching indifference? I'm delving into a lot of really uncomfortable stuff with my therapist, so maybe that's a part of it. Part of it's past history. Part of it's present conditions.

Also, I want another dog and he doesn't. We argue about that almost daily. ha. We've decided to leave it to the "Spirit of the Universe" (my words) and if the right dog comes along, we'll get her/him. So I'm sending out fervent wishes and I bet he is doing the same for the opposite result.

Comment

Spirit, why are you doing that? It's kinda annoying.

Comment

NE
                                I had gone up quite quickly before and I found it ok,I also came down at breakneck speed and it did me no harm.We are all different.I hate that I'm drinking again.But seeing alcohol services on Friday so going to ask about Nalmefene

Comment

Working...
                                X