Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva View Post
    I just noticed that I have a tag on my thread. BAHAHAHAHA. wth, people?

Nope, not me, not yet anyway, T2Q. Hang in there, though.
    Personally, while I am not a fan of SF's, I think the tags are completely inappropriate. I would not want my name posted for the world to see here...nor any of the disgusting tag words that have been associated with his posts. This forum should not allow posters to edit and create tag words/lines.

Comment

Originally posted by fennel View Post
      Personally, while I am not a fan of SF's, I think the tags are completely inappropriate. I would not want my name posted for the world to see here...nor any of the disgusting tag words that have been associated with his posts. This forum should not allow posters to edit and create tag words/lines.
      Totally agree, Fennel.

The tag on my thread is completely inappropriate and should be removed. And the person who wrote it should be given a warning...if not even a more drastic response.
      In addition, it should absolutely be against the rules for someone to post someone else's real name or anything else that might identify them personally.

But that isn't against the rules here. And even if it was against the rules, there isn't anyone to enforce the rules.

That's one of the reasons I/we felt so strongly about creating a new forum where these kind of things couldn't happen.

In the meantime, the fact that someone posted, as a tag to this thread, something that high-school-ish and ridiculous made me literally laugh out loud. I didn't think to stifle it. It's just that...absurd. Like a fart joke amongst teen-age boys? (I guess I am likening myself to a teen-age boy that thinks fart jokes are funny...hmmm. Not the best analogy I could've used. But maybe apt in this situation?)

And I suppose, now that I give it some real thought, that the person who posted it probably appreciated that I responded so I just should have ignored it. But I didn't. So there it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SKendall View Post

Good luck with the studying Ne - you will know so much later!
        Originally posted by Mom2JTx3 View Post
        Good luck Ne! Study hard
        Thanks to you both and hope you had a lovely day. Glad you got such a nice surprise, SK!

More tomorrow!

xo

Comment

Totally agree, Fennel.

The tag on my thread is completely inappropriate and should be removed. And the person who wrote it should be given a warning...if not even a more drastic response.
          In addition, it should absolutely be against the rules for someone to post someone else's real name or anything else that might identify them personally.

But that isn't against the rules here. And even if it was against the rules, there isn't anyone to enforce the rules.

That's one of the reasons I/we felt so strongly about creating a new forum where these kind of things couldn't happen.

In the meantime, the fact that someone posted, as a tag to this thread, something that high-school-ish and ridiculous made me literally laugh out loud. I didn't think to stifle it. It's just that...absurd. Like a fart joke amongst teen-age boys? (I guess I am likening myself to a teen-age boy that thinks fart jokes are funny...hmmm. Not the best analogy I could've used. But maybe apt in this situation?)
          I guess that I am beyond high school humor at this point. Taking my leave of MWO.

Comment

Originally posted by fennel View Post
            I guess that I am beyond high school humor at this point. Taking my leave of MWO.
            Sorry, Fennel. I understand. I really do. I hope you don't judge me for making light of a bad situation, but I suppose I understand that, too, if you do.

Suffice it to say that I really believe in having a well-moderated forum in which people can share information and support without being bullied, cross-examined, or harassed. Much less where one is at risk for having their identity exposed (which has happened only once in all of the years I've been here).

That's one of the reasons we started a new forum. Part of it, of course, was because there isn't any English-speaking place to get information about baclofen. And the information about the other medications for the treatment of alcoholism is so hard to find that it's almost worthless.

But mainly I, and we, feel so strongly about having a supportive place without horrible behavior, that we spent 4 months and countless hours (and significant money) to create that space.

I'll post the link here on April 1st.

In the meantime, for anyone and everyone else, hang in there. There IS support and there ARE good people here.

Comment

A quicky update from me...

I read in the book A Prescription for Alchoholics that there was a study that showed Effexor (venlafazine) showed increased drinking, and increased withdrawal symptoms, in rats. I had been taking Pristiq, which is the newer version of Effexor, since Dec 2014. Dec 2014 is when my drinking started to escalate to unhealthy and then eventually alcoholic levels. I don't remember now which came first, the antidepressant or the alcohol abuse.

After titrating down off of Pristiq for 3 weeks, I stopped taking it fifteen days ago. For the last several days, without changing anything else, I have been unable to drink more than a couple of beers. At the most, over the last 4-5 days, I had maybe a total of 5 drinks, on a day when we had bourbon in the house.

I'm ready to say, based on this anecdotal personal experience, that Pristiq undermined the effects of baclofen. And now, at 240mg of baclofen (significantly less than my first switch at 320mg) I am much less compulsive in my drinking.

Which is not to say that I don't want to drink to get drunk, unfortunately. I do. I just can't stomach it. It literally makes me nauseous almost to the point of throwing up. I've also been having what I finally realized are withdrawal symptoms in the afternoons--nausea, extreme headache, fatigue...

Much different than the first time I titrated up, when I stopped drinking slowly over several months and finally realized that I just didn't want to drink any more. But whatever. I'll take it!

New forum opens officially tomorrow. Hope you guys will take a look and join in, even if it's just to say hi!

:hug:

Comment

..and it is looking good Ne! You've done a great job!

Comment

Ne, Pristiq with alcohol can cause complete blackouts. Glad you found the culprit.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Originally posted by SKendall View Post
                    Ne, Pristiq with alcohol can cause complete blackouts. Glad you found the culprit.
                    Huh. I didn't know that. And I don't think I ever experienced it, even though I was on it for about a year. (I actually started with Effexor in Dec 2014, then moved to Pristiq some time in 2015...Same difference, in terms of basic mechanics of the way the drug works, which is why I didn't specify that in my post above.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mentium View Post
                      ..and it is looking good Ne! You've done a great job!
                      Thanks, Menty!

Feels good. Sorta. lol

Comment

A quicky update from me...

I read in the book A Prescription for Alchoholics that there was a study that showed Effexor (venlafazine) showed increased drinking, and increased withdrawal symptoms, in rats. I had been taking Pristiq, which is the newer version of Effexor, since Dec 2014. Dec 2014 is when my drinking started to escalate to unhealthy and then eventually alcoholic levels. I don't remember now which came first, the antidepressant or the alcohol abuse.
                        I really should have said this before (actually I think I mentioned it several days/posts ago...Like 3 weeks ago...Anyway...)

Terryk sent me similar information a loooong time ago, and suggested the fact that I was still drinking against my will after all this time might be because of the antidepressant and I ignored him.

Sorry, tk. I shoulda known better. It's almost annoying how right you are all the time. just sayin' :hug:

Comment

The new forum is up and ready to go. I hope you all will take a moment to check it out, join, share your story or just say hi.

JOSBET merupakan agen bola sbobet online yang sudah resmi di indonesia dengan mix parlay terlengkap, josbet menyediakan live bola resmi gratis untuk semua member.

Hope to see you there!

Comment

The new forum looks amazing NE. Well done!

Comment

I have five lovely dogs. A greyhound, two Pomeranian/Spitz crosses a German Shepherd and German Shepherd/Labrador cross. And a cat. It's black.

The cross Alabrador is interesting because he is from the same litter as the German Shepherd which is a gorgeous show standard dog. The GS is mad crazy but the Labrasation is cool as a cucumber. Apart from their temperaments and the Alsabrador having floppy ears and a black coat they are identical dogs and they fight like crazy and then kiss and make up.

I think the Albrador is a great mix but I can't figure out what name to call the damn thing and no one believes it is the brother of the German Shepherd.
                              BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Originally posted by Otter View Post
                                I have five lovely dogs. A greyhound, two Pomeranian/Spitz crosses a German Shepherd and German Shepherd/Labrador cross. And a cat. It's black.

The cross Alabrador is interesting because he is from the same litter as the German Shepherd which is a gorgeous show standard dog. The GS is mad crazy but the Labrasation is cool as a cucumber. Apart from their temperaments and the Alsabrador having floppy ears and a black coat they are identical dogs and they fight like crazy and then kiss and make up.

I think the Albrador is a great mix but I can't figure out what name to call the damn thing and no one believes it is the brother of the German Shepherd.
                                Interesting fact Otter,

Whilst the Labrador is generally an extremely soft natured dog and the German Shepherd is known for it's sharper temperament, the cross of a labrador is often NOT good natured EXCEPT when crossed with the German Shepherd.

German Shepherd crosses are generally gentle.

I am a veterinarian and knowing such things has allowed me to retain all my fingers!

Comment

Working...
                                X