No announcement yet.

Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost forgot, he can also cross reference that number to see if another "name" is using that same number.
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritfree
      Are you going to allow obscene words to be used on your forum?
      You mean words like fuck? By agreement, according to the registration terms, users are over 18 years of age.

We at http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org are much less concerned with obscene words than the fact that the content is supportive, pertinent, factual and contributes to reasonable discussion. In other words, we are not concerned if people use the word fuck. What we are concerned about, and what you will never, ever see on http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org are posts like this one:

Originally posted by Spiritfree View Post
      ... In the end NE, you will still be an active drunk, with no job, and still desiring and needing confirmation from your forum friends. If it were not for your husband's income, you would be that gutter drunk that you said that you were not.

...Go have another cigarette, take some Baclofen, drink a few drinks, and report back to yourself in the morning -and hope that your financial support system sticks with you.
      I'm curious as to how and why (and if?) baclofen is different than say, Suboxone (or methadone). I have a friend who recovered from his opioid addiction taking Suboxone. I tried to explain to him how the two are not the same, and did a really poor job of it! I feel like xanax is to the alcoholic what Suboxone is to the opioid

In other words, it's a forum set up for people to give and get support, to find factual information and actual legitimate research, without malicious, mean-spirited drunken trolls like you, Spiritfree.

Originally posted by aihfl View Post
      Well alrighty then…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2358[/ATTACH]
      Aw. Adorable. I have a special place in my heart for dachshunds, because my grandparents always had one or two when I was growing up. The ones my aunt and uncle had were a pain in the foot, though. They would not go outside to go to the bathroom if it was raining, so my uncle would have to literally stand in the rain, holding an umbrella over them (one at a time) to get them to do their business outside. Dachshunds, like huskies, have a mind of their own for sure...

Originally posted by lex View Post
      Well he is one handsome dog and I am indebted to NE for bringing this fine dog to my attention in her post of a couple of weeks ago. It is a fine fine dog yessir!
      I had no idea that posting a picture of that fine looking boxer would have such a resounding effect on you, Lex. Hope it made your day. No doubt you've made mine.

Comment

Originally posted by SKendall View Post
        Ne, that is suspicious for sure. All will be revealed soon I hope. Are you able to get the ISP number and location. Techie has amazing tech abilities, thus the name.

Glad you're up and contributing today.
        Originally posted by SKendall View Post
        Almost forgot, he can also cross reference that number to see if another "name" is using that same number.
        At first I thought that someone was trying to hack my account. But the original email was sent in 2014, which, I think, is when this forum switched formats. Maybe I will have one of my tech friends take a look at the emails, though, just in case...

And I know techie has all kinds of tech skills. He helped me out way back when, probably in 2010, when I first got here. He probably doesn't even remember it. A sweet, sweet guy, that one.

Comment

Indeed he is.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva View Post
            I had no idea that posting a picture of that fine looking boxer would have such a resounding effect on you, Lex. Hope it made your day. No doubt you've made mine.
            Well NE I can't explain it either, but I think I switched my obsession with alcohol over to an obsession with that most pleasing boxer. Not sure what this might lead to. Gulp.

Comment

You mean words like fuck? By agreement, according to the registration terms, users are over 18 years of age.

We at http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org are much less concerned with obscene words than the fact that the content is supportive, pertinent, factual and contributes to reasonable discussion. In other words, we are not concerned if people use the word fuck. What we are concerned about, and what you will never, ever see on http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org are posts like this one:

I'm curious as to how and why (and if?) baclofen is different than say, Suboxone (or methadone). I have a friend who recovered from his opioid addiction taking Suboxone. I tried to explain to him how the two are not the same, and did a really poor job of it! I feel like xanax is to the alcoholic what Suboxone is to the opioid

In other words, it's a forum set up for people to give and get support, to find factual information and actual legitimate research, without malicious, mean-spirited drunken trolls like you, Spiritfree.

Aw. Adorable. I have a special place in my heart for dachshunds, because my grandparents always had one or two when I was growing up. The ones my aunt and uncle had were a pain in the foot, though. They would not go outside to go to the bathroom if it was raining, so my uncle would have to literally stand in the rain, holding an umbrella over them (one at a time) to get them to do their business outside. Dachshunds, like huskies, have a mind of their own for sure...

It is a fine looking boxer. Very youthful and compact looking. Nice colour and lovely big eyes. Very soulful.
              Thanks for sharing the attachment of AIFL's doggie. What a lovely dog it is too.

Yes, all well in MWO land.

Went to see Batman movie last night. It was like standing in a wind tunnel with fireworks. 3D is amazing. Nice to come back to the house and the dogs though after all that noise.
              BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

All well in Ne-land I suppose. I can't get drunk anymore, so there's that major fact. Can't stomach beer at all. I remember that experience from the first time I got sober with baclofen, that what I normally drank (at that time it was wine) just started to taste terrible and make me feel awful. So I switched to beer! Ha! Except it's not really funny, is it? Kinda sad...

Yesterday I had some whiskey, but again, just can't get up the will to get drunk, even though being sober is not very comfortable yet.

I got an amazing letter from one of my old professors who agreed to give me a reference/recommendation yesterday. Made my day and inspired me to continue trudging along toward getting my certification and getting a J-O-B. So that's on today's agenda. Along with some more outside work, because my husband's home today and this stuff needs muscles.

Hope all is well in MWO-land.

Comment

Hey Ne, during my last detox, my liver enzymes were off the charts so the medical doctor ordered a liver sonogram and I've got fatty liver. She said if I continued to drink at the rate I was, I would have cirrhosis within 1-2 years. So I've got to make the quit stick permanently. It's difficult at times - I am without a wife or significant other for the first time in about 20 years and I live by myself, so I have to be vigilant to keep myself preoccupied and be around other people as much as I can since isolation and boredom were two of my biggest drinking triggers.

The detox psychiatrist put me on citalopram (Celexa) for mood elevation and that seems to be helping, but I don't know if it's the medication, or if I'm just experiencing the "pink cloud." I have a follow up with my own psychiatrist on Monday so that's definitely something I'll be discussing with him. Still continuing with the baclofen and Neurontin (gabapentin) as well.

I suppose it's a good thing, but occasionally I can still "taste" white wine and vodka, my poisons of choice, in my mouth and it just makes me want to gag.
                  First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Hey NE! So glad one of your old professors will give you a reference. Wonderful news!!

Aihfl-I just posted on the Steppers' Thread. You said after your last detox that you were diagnosed with fatty liver and your doc said within 1-2 years you would end up with cirrhosis. May I ask how much you drank every day?
                    I live by myself, so I have to be vigilant to keep myself preoccupied and be around other people as much as I can since isolation and boredom were two of my biggest drinking triggers.
                    This was ME, to a "T." The strange thing was, when I would stay with my mom for a couple of days, I didn't really have a desire to sneak drinks out of her liquor cabinet. I could easily stop at one or two glasses of wine and not want anymore. It was the same when I was dating or I would go out with my friends. I would get so caught up in the conversation, I would forget about my wine/champagne. But when I was home alone, I would say, "Who's going to know that I'm drinking?" Well, of course I would then have to lie to my family about how I spent my day when I said I was too busy to come and visit them. Or worse, I would call my brother or sister on a drinking day and forget that I called them at all. SHUDDER CRINGE WHIMPER

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                      Aihfl-I just posted on the Steppers' Thread. You said after your last detox that you were diagnosed with fatty liver and your doc said within 1-2 years you would end up with cirrhosis. May I ask how much you drank every day?
                      I used to teach college so I had summers off. On a serious day of drinking, If I hadn't taken opiates that day, I could polish off a fifth of 80 proof spirits in a 12-16 hour day. Of course when you polish off a fifth, you wake up drunk the next morning so the cycle would repeat itself for several weeks. On one admission to the ER, my BAC was .55. Toward the end, probably due to compromised liver function, "only" two 750ml bottles of wine would keep me knocked out. I mentioned in another thread that although I kicked opiates two years ago, my tolerance for alcohol became such that alcohol alone would not cause me to pass out, so I started abusing the benzodiazepines I'm prescribed for panic attacks with the alcohol.
                      First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Aihfl-thanks for sharing your story so honestly. It sounds like your rehab stay served you well. I am so happy for you. I could drink a fifth of vodka or scotch in a weekend day as well. I can't believe I abused my body like I did, and so glad that is over.

Comment

Hi, Aih, and Rusty.
                          I'm afraid I'm out of time, but wanted to thank you both for stopping by. (Aih, I owe you a message. My apologies. Will get to that later today or tomorrow morning at the latest.)

Will be back later to respond more thoroughly. Thanks again, both of you. :hug:

Comment

NE-you are very dear to me.:hug:

Comment

And you are a ray of sunshine, Rusty! :hug: bacatcha.

Husband's home and I'm still in pajamas and online. Which means I'm in trouble! Gotta GO!

Later gators.

Comment

Later gators.
                                Ooooh, major faux pas. Never call me a Gator. I am a Florida State Seminole, lol (PhD, '04) :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X