No announcement yet.

Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to say I like your choice of tune Otter!

Comment

Hi there...

Yes, it sort of suited my mood for some reason.
      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

It's gone awfully quiet around here.
        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

We miss NE! Come back and say hi NE!

Comment

HI!

I'll check in sometime soon.

Too bad it's quiet. But such a relief that it's not overrun with negativity! Whew. A whole new world? :sohappy:

Comment

Did finally someone lock up the madman? I cannot believe he left by himself.
              Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Xadrian View Post
                Did finally someone lock up the madman? I cannot believe he left by himself.
                Yes. He's been banned. It only took years, and apparently some post that wasn't even in the meds section! Which is just funny, don't you think? It took so long, in fact, that this place seems functionally dead. Who knows? Maybe it'll pick back up again.

Nice to see you, X. How are you? Are you going to join us over at EOMA?
                Forums - The End of my Addiction

Comment

MWO meds thread...RIP
                  BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

Originally posted by Otter View Post
                    MWO meds thread...RIP
                    RIP -Baclofen as well -unfortunately. Baclofen does work for a few, but not many. It is my opinion that this is why the med section is near death. Too many people wanted to support a medication that did/does not work for the majority. These same people wanted to denounce any other method(s), even when Baclofen was not working for them. When I say "work", I am talking about a medication that quickly, and at least temporarily, resolves the mental and physical cravings of alcohol while the person seeks out other treatments to address the underlying reasons for the addiction in the first place.

Baclofen and its relentless supporters destroyed the med section of the forum. No more titration advice or schedules. Baclofen sounded good on paper, in a book, and on this forum for awhile -but then the truth came out. The biggest shame of all is that the med section posters are not looking at nor supporting the latest trends in medications for addiction recovery. The Baclofen ego is difficult to communicate with (lol).

Sooner, rather than later, you will see and read of TK's "indifference" to alcohol for xyz number of years. You will read about Ne's experience with Baclofen and how, at one time, Baclofen helped her to not to want to drink, and yet she is still heavily drinking. You will soon read other stories from a few regular posters exclaiming their great experience with Baclofen. What you will not read is that Baclofen is the miracle "pill" that it was made out to be by "Ameisen". There are other promising medications (hallucinogens) that do appear to perform miracles, but Baclofen is not amongst them.

Comment

Ameisen was a self-deluded fraud

sorry to let the cat out of the bag. Ameisen was a self-deluded crackpot.

Comment

Originally posted by befreenow View Post
                        RIP -Baclofen as well -unfortunately. Baclofen does work for a few, but not many. It is my opinion that this is why the med section is near death. Too many people wanted to support a medication that did/does not work for the majority. These same people wanted to denounce any other method(s), even when Baclofen was not working for them. When I say "work", I am talking about a medication that quickly, and at least temporarily, resolves the mental and physical cravings of alcohol while the person seeks out other treatments to address the underlying reasons for the addiction in the first place.

Baclofen and its relentless supporters destroyed the med section of the forum. No more titration advice or schedules. Baclofen sounded good on paper, in a book, and on this forum for awhile -but then the truth came out. The biggest shame of all is that the med section posters are not looking at nor supporting the latest trends in medications for addiction recovery. The Baclofen ego is difficult to communicate with (lol).

Sooner, rather than later, you will see and read of TK's "indifference" to alcohol for xyz number of years. You will read about Ne's experience with Baclofen and how, at one time, Baclofen helped her to not to want to drink, and yet she is still heavily drinking. You will soon read other stories from a few regular posters exclaiming their great experience with Baclofen. What you will not read is that Baclofen is the miracle "pill" that it was made out to be by "Ameisen". There are other promising medications (hallucinogens) that do appear to perform miracles, but Baclofen is not amongst them.
                        Originally posted by befreenow View Post
                        Hi kronkcarr -I am not interested in posting here anymore.
                        Liar

Regards

Bacman
                        I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
                        Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

YouTube

Comment

What's up everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by _serenity_
                              Note to any newcomers to this forum:

This forum was driven into the ground by a single drunk troll who went by "Spiritwolf/Spiritfree" (until he was finally banned for his drunken, abusive, self-righteous and shaming posts). He came back as "befreenow."

Fortunately, there is now an addiction medication forum that is moderated and troll-free: Forums - The End of my Addiction. If you have questions, need advice, or just want like-minded people to talk to, please stop over and say hello.

Note to ANYONE: This section of the forum was driven into the ground by those who are closed minded and selfishly protected their fellow drinking connections.

Why are we not discussing all of the newer, more realistic methods of quitting alcohol and other addictions? It is my opinion that the same ole 10 to 12 posters in the med section on MWO are still drinking but their Baclofen regime has allowed them to drink less or at to at least not feel the typical pain that results from AUD.

Please try to understand and accept the fact these Baclofenettes are not bad or mean spirited people. Instead, they are people who have formed a union in an effort to co-sign each other's habit -but this does not make them bad or ......

Comment

Originally posted by lex View Post
                                sorry to let the cat out of the bag. Ameisen was a self-deluded crackpot.
                                Ouch!

Lex, you are 100% correct. Ameisen was a self-deluded individual as are some of his followers -like KronkCarr. The sad part is that people like Kronk were not really alcoholics to begin with, yet they insist on shouting out loud the great experiences they had with Baclofen.

If Baclofen was the 'miracle' pill for AUD, then this forum would not even exist. It is time for others to start talking about AUD medical solutions outside of Baclofen. If this does not happen, the forum will die.

Comment

Working...
                                X