Naltroxene Campral VS other meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried Naltroxene & Campral without success and found success with other meds??
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nope, but I'm going to recommend you try baclofen. It's the only med I've tried but it's been almost miraculously effective in cutting short my drinking career. And giving me time for other things!

Comment

Dr. Olivier Ameisen, who has written quite extensively about high-dose baclofen treatment of alcoholism after treating his own alcoholism with it, had already tried naltrexone, Campral, Antabuse, and topiramate (Topamax) without any real success. He also did not find low doses of baclofen to be very helpful in his own case. There are many posts and threads on this forum about this approach to treatment, with people here reporting success with baclofen taken at high daily doses.

Comment

The latest meta-analysis (Opioid antagonists for alcohol dependence) of naltrexone shows that it works. The NNT is around 9, about the same as Campral. This isn't great, but is comparable to "effective" treatments for depression.

Comment

Working...
        X