Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Bac Adventure

Grommet;1073371 wrote:
    By the way, if any guys out there hate their annual prostate exam, my advice is to switch to a female GP and take your Bac dose about a half hour before your appt...
    This had me collapsing in a heap of the giggles!! :H
    Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
    ~Clutch

Comment

My Bac Adventure

Hey all! Sorry for completely disappearing for the past, uhh, 7 months. Been lurking again for the last few weeks and decided to finally jump back in.

If anyone cares what happened here is a quick update. After getting my doc on board I actually went down to the 80 mg a day she prescribed and stayed there until late April. Things were going really well - AF 4-5 days/week, and moderate/controlled drinking on the weekends. So, with my new found confidence, I decided to go off the Bac completely.

This worked for a couple months, then not so much. Duh. I'm now drinking close to what I was before going on Bac this time last year.

So, the 7500 mg order was placed with Goldpharma yesterday and I'm already starting to titrate up with my Dr. prescription.

OK, I know, I know, I'm an idiot. The genie does not go back in the bottle that easily. Lesson learned.

Btw - you guys crack me up. I realize now how much I missed this place!
      Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

My Bac Adventure

Grom!! :l So nice to see you back!! I've only just come back myself after a months-long hiatus. Was on bac the whole time though. Just recently went back up to switch again!
        I have always wondered if I would ever be able to go off of bac and have indifference remain. But considering I've seen indifference disappear twice after switching now, I don't know if it's possible for me.

Did you notice anything else when you titrated off of bac completely? I would worry that I would go back to being my withdrawn, unmotivated, anti-social old self (not that those things don't all sometimes happen still sometimes anyways!). Did you lose any of those good SEs?

Glad to have you back! Looking forward to seeing you around the forums again.
        Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
        ~Clutch

Comment

My Bac Adventure

Thanks Is! Very happy to be back as well.

For the first 2 or so months I went off Bac completely there really was not much of a change because I still was not drinking much. There were times I actually did miss the SEs, but for the most part I was my same "new" self.

A summer progressed I started drinking a little more often on the weekdays and I just told myself I'd get back with the program in Sept. Yeah, right...

I never reached indifference, but I know I was close. However, I was happy where I was back in Mar/April and pretty gosh darn proud of myself for the first time in a long time.

The good news is I know Bac works for me. The trick this time will be finding the right balance post switch (which I am going to hit). I wonder if when I went back down to 80 mg and just stayed there the wheels would have stayed on (?). I guess it doesn't much matter now.

Comment

My Bac Adventure

Hi Grommet!

Welcome back, nice to see ya. How was your BP on 80? That was where mine hit the roof. Of course, if I hadn't been drinking, I think I could have handled the 80 okay with my meds.

Hope to see you around more.:welcome:

Comment

My Bac Adventure

Hiya, Grommet! Glad to hear you're doing well, sorry for the reason you're back!
              Hang in there!

Comment

My Bac Adventure

Hiya Ne,

No need to be sorry, being back is a good thing!

Comment

My Bac Adventure

:l
                  jkttdp
                  :H

Comment

My Bac Adventure

Hello Grommet!

I was wondering what happened to you. I'm always wondering about the ones who come and go. Glad to see you've joined us again. Looking forward to reading about your switch this time.
                    This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

My Bac Adventure

Grommet!

Good to see you around again! Well, sorry you have to be back, but you know what I mean, I hope. Good luck with round 2!

Comment

My Bac Adventure

hullo? halllllllloooooooooooooooo!

How goes it, take 2?

Comment

My Bac Adventure

Whoops - sorry for the drive by post a few weeks ago...

Just made it to 125 mg yesterday. The SE's definitely seem more manageable the second time around. This is both bad and good. No X rated dreams yet :upset:, but I'm not dealing with a 24/7 woody either...

Not much progress on the drinking yet. No worries - I know its just a matter of time.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back.

JKTTDP!!!!

Comment

My Bac Adventure

Hey G, what IS the new avitar, I can't make out what its a picture of.

Nice to see ya.

Comment

My Bac Adventure

Little Bac pills with happy faces. Kinda seemed relevant to my overdue return to Bac.

Nice to see you again too!

Comment

My Bac Adventure

Umm...Where did you get those? Have you taken them yet?
                                :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                                :what?:
                                sigpic
                                Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                                A Forum
                                Trolls need not apply

Comment

Working...
                                X