Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a trainwreck!

Taw,

So sorry about starting over again. Was the trigger the meeting with your mom? I am sending you a PM, too.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I don't know exactly...regret, remorse, guilt, boredome, lonliness, sadness, habit...who the hell knows! I am just sick over it...I threw everything out before I went to bed last night so there is nothing in the house. I will have my son tonight, so that should help!
      "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Hang in there Taw, you've made strides and one slip up night doesn't mean you're not going in the right direction.

I am finding its taking more than once for me in my attempt, so I consider myself going in the right direction, but its frustratingly difficult.

For now, your problem is if you do drink tonight, you'll be sunk back into the routine and the nightmare so do everything you can today to not drink.

Do not drink today! :l Booze is stealing you from your son. You can do it, you've done it before.

Never stop quitting!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Taw,

:l:l:l

Redhead
          This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

aww, taw. what bruun says is true, though. if you can go tonight without it, it'll be easier tomorrow; if you don't you're setting up that horrid pattern again. i know you know this, but sometimes it helps to hear it (two or three times). good luck just about now, i bet it's the witching hour for you.

xo rudy

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Thanks everyone! I am getting ready to leave work....so in about an hour when I get home....I WILL NOT MAKE ANY STOPS other than to get my son! NO STOPPING AT A PACKAGE STORE!!!

Will be happy to report day 2 AF tomrrow!!!
              "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I will look forward to your post, Taw. I absolutely know you can do it. Tomorrow we will be day 2, and so on.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

DAY 2 AF!!!!!!! And my Antabuse should be here by tomorrow thanks to one of my Angels!!

Thank you so much everyone!!!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Hi Taw,

That's great news that you will have the Antabuse soon. Remember....you will have to remain AF before you start taking it. We're all pulling for you here. Are you anxious about meeting with your father?

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Taw,

Congrats on a successful evening last night. Here's to another one tonight. :l I think antabuse is a really good option at this point. It will allow you some much needed AF days, in which you can prove to yourself and your family that you can do this. You still have bac for the cravings, which will help. With a major holiday (for us) quickly approaching, I know this may not be the easiest time to quit drinking. I really commend you for taking control of this now. I'm in your corner, Sista!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Me, too, Taw! It's time. And you got this.
                        woop!
                        xo

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Taw,

Congratulations on making it through last night! Wow, I am so proud of you.:cheering::yay: Here's to another happy, unhung day tomorrow.

Redhead's right. The AB will buy you some time....and maybe you can figure out why you drink. I used to dis journaling my feelings....too depressing, I thought. Now I realize that it's good for me to write my thoughts down....nobody will see those thoughts except me. My sober for 4 years aunt used to say the same thing...."nah, not me." When she was going through treatment, the counselors stressed the journaling therapy, and my aunt says it's really helped her.

Let us know how it goes tonight with your dad.

Rock on to another AF day, Taw!:l

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Start of day 3 AF...I could not go talk to my dad last night. My son is very sick, besides strep he has mono, so I was and still am home with him. We will be missing Thanksgiving, which is probably a good thing! BUT I am going stir crazy in this house!!! I am rereading Dr. A's book because my mom is finally reading it and asking questions...I read it so long ago and while I was drinking I don't remember much!

This is the time when some wine would help pass the hours and make them more tolerable, but I will not give in!! I need to be sober and coherent for my son!!! I can do this!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Nice! On so many levels. The AF. Rereading. Your mom reading!!!

I'm here, just sos you know!
                              :l

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Thanks, NE. I know you are! That means and helps alot!!

Time to give the lad more meds....will check back in a bit!

Comment

Working...
                                X