I am a trainwreck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a trainwreck!

Congrats Taw, and don't worry about taking the easy way out. There isn't one. You're sticking to your guns and that's a commitment you should be proud of. 8!!!
    :goodjob:

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

8 days!! Yippee!!

I agree with Bruun. There isn't an easy way out. You're still trudging through it, dealing with cravings. You need to give yourself a big pat on the back. I love reading these posts, Taw, and I'll bet so does everyone else. It's inspiring to all of us!
      This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

taw;1216532 wrote: Hey all!! Day 8 AF!!! Weekend was SOBER
        WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

taw;1216532 wrote: but not without struggle! Cravings kicked in big time...as they always do on the weekends...boring, dreary, cold, rainy, but popped an antabuse and some extra bac and made it thru.
        Well, even better! At least now that you're done with it. The weather...ugh. It's a trigger of a different sort (bed and nap!!!) for me now, but I feel ya' on that one.
        extra bac? hmmmmm. Are you sure you want to be taking it like that knowing that it makes you sick? just sayin' and now I'll let it go. probably.

taw;1216532 wrote:
        I kind of feel like I am taking the easy way out with the Antabuse tho.
        Oh, please. Seriously? You should be so proud that you are pulling out all the stops because make no mistake that the disease will f*ck up your life if it gets in. And if there is one thing we know, it can be overwhelming and subtle in the same damn thought.

Rock on!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I only took an extra 25mg of bac and I think it was more for a head game than for the bac to actually decrease the cravings....thinking if I took it it would help....

Just ordered and stocked up on bac, prozac and antabuse! Merry Christmas to me!! Paid a little more but finally found an online place that I can order all three from!

10 days and boy is my head trying to talk me into drinking!! This is the longest I have gone in 3 years since I was in rehab...The antabuse gives me a terrible headache and stomach ache so I am taking it everyother day....still enough of a deterent so far!!

Hope everyone is having a good day! Thank you all for checking on me!!
          "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Good job Taw, keep on truckin'. They say with time it gets easier. I think that means after the initial month or two or three?

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Well so far these 10 days feel like a lifetime! And it seems to be getting tougher rather than easier. The raw emotions, unmasked by for from AL, the irritability, the I am going to jump out of my skin feeling...

Hopefully this too shall pass!!!
              "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Hi taw. Soooo pleased for you and I'm sorry it is so hard for you. Well done!!!! It certainly is difficult experiencing things 'raw'. It is quite confronting to meet challenges without AL after drinking for such a long time. I promise it WILL get easier and life WILL be so much better not too far into the future. Hang in there and I wish you peace and comfort!
                It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                Mother Theresa

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

:goodjob:Great on the 10 days TAW:l:goodjob:

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Denied by River Pharmacy too for my meds! CRAP!!!!

Going to try a couple other online pharmacies! Determined!!!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Congrats on the 10 days, Taw! Keep us updated on the drug front. This is very scary, and I hope it's just a small bump in the road.
                      This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Hi Taw,

Congratulations on 10 AF Days!!! Why did River Pharmacy deny you on your meds? Will your doc give you scripts for Antabuse?

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Taw, did you give a dr name?

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Yes, I gave a name, a real MD but just not mine...I don't really have a doc and the one I had I tried to get Nal out of and she would not prescribe it for me. That was about 7 months ago...so we shall see what happens....

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Hi Taw,

How are you doing today? I would find a doctor ASAP! I was avoiding going to a doctor desperately when my drinking was at its worst and it took every ounce of courage to make an appt. Of course, she had to do a complete physical and everything but she has been a lifesaver for me. If you have a regular doc, you can get scripts from him/her. Let us know how you are doing, please.:l

It's been a long time since I ordered from River....do they actually require a doc's name? I don't remember that. Isn't that why you order online.....because you don't want to see a doc?

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Hey Taw, a funny thing happened today. I received an email from River that my order had shipped. Don't know why or how, but don't really care much

Did you receive a similar email?

Hope you're good. Check in.
                                Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Working...
                                X