I am a trainwreck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a trainwreck!

Taw, really good to see you again. I hope the SE's are a little kinder to you this time around.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

UGH! So I went to see my GP today to try and get NAL....to take with bac....she would not give it to me....said I had to see a psych.....did not understand that my insurance does not cover it....gave me some vitamins and sent me on my way....

Why every time I try to get serious about this I just get the run around...Tried to do this the right way but guess I will have to go another route....just stick with bac and hope for the best!
      "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

How are you planning on titrating up this time around taw? What are you on currently?

Sorry to hear about your naltrexone woes. It is indeed frustrating. Can you not just go the online route?

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

It is so expensive.....I was hoping for a scrip...between the bac and Nal, I cannot afford it....

I think I am taking the Bleep approach this time! HA! SE's are less the faster I go seems!
          "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I've got another private prescription, it's approximately ?1 per 50mg tablet(?33 for 28 pills) - not sure how that compares but I'm thinking you lot claim on your healthcare insurance or something. Hoping to get an NHS prescription which will be a fraction of the cost (around ?8 for a month's supply!).

Conversion ?1 = $1.65 so I'm paying the equivalent of $55 for 28 tabs. Fraction of what I would spend drinking though.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I would need to order online....between Nal and the bac cannot afford it....no matter what I spend drinking....just frustrated....wanted help...and of course none to be found...from professionals anyway....

I finally get the guts to ask for help and again was denied!!!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Dr L?

Could you call dr. L and get a scrip? That's what I did. I pay $10.99 at Walgreens for 240-10mg tablets, which I am filling every 2 weeks now.

He's in Chicago, and you are too, right?

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

SassyLassy;1113177 wrote: Could you call dr. L and get a scrip? That's what I did. I pay $10.99 at Walgreens for 240-10mg tablets, which I am filling every 2 weeks now.

He's in Chicago, and you are too, right?
                  Great idea!!

Also, how are you presenting your case to your doc? When I went to mine (for bac), I was armed with Dr. A's book with certain key sections bookmarked and highlighted, as well as some case studies. He already knew about my issue with AL from when I went to him requesting Topamax. I was very honest about my relationship with AL and that I was very serious about getting control over it. And thankfully he took me seriously in return.

It's almost like prepping for a job interview! You've got to rehearse in your head what you're going to say and come armed with resources that support your case. Well, unless you call Dr. L, because he already understands.

It's worth continuing to try in order to save yourself the money and to have a consistent, reliable supply. Don't give up!
                  Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                  ~Clutch

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I had all the info....both books....she knew I was on Nal before....she just won't give me a scrip....it is a psych's job.....not hers....she will maintain but not order.....

What doc Sas? where in Chicago? a GP??

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

That is what is so frustrating.....I was prepared! had all the info...she looked at me like an alkie looking for more AL.....will just order online.....what else can I do?

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Dr Levin in Chicago.

Shit, I don't have his contact details, but several people do. Someone will PM them to you shortly, I'm sure. Several posters here receive their baclofen prescriptions from him.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Taw,

Call Dr. Levin TONIGHT. Call him at home between 7:00-9:00 p.m CST. Here is his number 312-642-5803. Walgreen's has a prescription drug program where you can get a BAC script for $20.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

just saw this post, willcall Rusy, thanks!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

just talked to him,

If anyone is a sceptic, I am
                              How can we all talk to a person? And I just did?

He will follow up with me..

Lady..
                              The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Taw, taw, taw. I know what you're going through. I do. Things are getting a bit rough for me. I'm still waiting to work. I'm deciding when I'm getting my next bac prescription. I'm taking my doses down low. And fast. I don't want to pay for it, unless absolutely necessary. I mean, we all have to decide what's most important to pay for first. Bac, is like water to me, but things are getting tight enough, I have to wonder.

I have some family that I'm sure would help me. I can't do it. My pride is my worst enemy. I won't ask anyone for help. I mean, I recently had to ask myself, how far are you going to take this redhead? Are you going to end up in baclofen withdrawal? Are you going to lose whatever other precious possessions you have? Are you going to sell those precious possessions to get by? I did sell some things this week, some diamonds. My wedding rings. It's all good. I don't want them anyway, and they buy me bac.

Do you have anyone you can turn to? For help? I know losing your pride is a bitch. I truly believe my having too much, will kill me someday. Is there anyone for you? To help pay for your drugs, and to help you take time off work to do this?
                                This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Working...
                                X