I am a trainwreck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a trainwreck!

Red, are you not able to get on the Walgreen's plan, or whatever it is called? Baclofen becomes cheap as dirt on it. PM Rusty for details.

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time with the costs. Be careful just dropping doses too quickly, it can put you in an unpleasant head space. I was fine dropping by 100mg's in a day, but after doing it a few times I noticed that my moods were all over the place. As with going up, tapering down is best done gently and smoothly.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I didn't know. Thanks Rusty for the info. They didn't tell me Bleep about their drug program.

I had huge issues when I would forget doses. At first, I thought good, I'm conserving. Until the night I may have woken up in some withdrawal. That panic was not normal. Now, I'm trying to be careful. I was getting aggressive, but trying to be consistent about it. I try to have bac in my system at all times. It still isn't ideal. Good news is, I'm buying more. I just had to decide what the best option was. Get a plan.

Sorry, for the mini hijack Taw. Back to you. And onward and upward I hope.
      This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

No worries, Red! We are here to help each other! I thought you were seeing Dr. L, Red? No perscriptions from him? Or no discount price?

I order from goldpharma....reasonable for bac.....might look into that!
        "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

From what I understand Taw, there is no cheaper source than Walgreens. Certainly worth a peek.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

bac $$

I originally bought Bac thru my insurance at Walgreens:

$73.xx, insurance picked up some, I paid $32.xx

Then, I joined the Prescription Savings Program. You can sign up on line, print a temporary card, and it's "ready to use" in about 24 hours.
            Cost: $21? per year.

Now I pay $10.99. So I saved the annual fee in one refill.

My Rx is for 240 qty of 10mg tabs. Only lasts me about 9 days at my current rate, but no problems refilling. I think that's the max qty they can give at a certain time, or it was the max qty when my insurance filled it, and it's never changed-not sure.

Worth signing up.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Wow.

You have no idea how jealous this casual talk of buying baclofen makes me!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I know....wish I could get a scrip for it!
                "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Rusty gave you the contact details for Dr L on the previous page of this thread though. Why not give the man a call?

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I get a script through Dr L, taw. I still have to pay for my bac. I have catastrophic insurance right now only. It pays for hospitalizations and emergencies. Not regular MD checkups and prescriptions. That will be changing shortly. I will only have to pay out of pocket for one more refill.

I have no idea how you guys are getting such a good deal. I called Walgreens, which is my pharmacy. They do the prescription saver club thing for generics. My refills are for 300 tablets of 20mg. I talked to the pharmacist today, and my next refill with the savings will be $152.00. Normally, it would be $198.00. While it's better, I wouldn't call it dirt cheap.
                    This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Taw,

I am here for you....:l let me know how I can help you at all. I'll probably be talking to Dr. L tonight myself. I have been suffering from insomnia the last several nights and my doc won't give me a low dose of Ambien or even Alprazolam (which I was on for a few years, before my drinking was even a problem). Both drugs work wonders for sleep, and I told my doc, "if you won't give me something for sleep, then I'll go somewhere else." I think she thought I was bluffing. Um, guess again. Ovaries of brass, baby, you got to have 'em to win this battle and slay the beast. I'm in your corner and let me know how I can help. You can do this.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Ovaries of brass, hey? Is that the gold standard these days? I've always gone for balls of steel, myself. Have I been aiming too low all this time? Perhaps titanium is where it's at these days?

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Bleep,

BRASS balls....out with fuzz nuts! :H Fuzz nuts have no place on this thread...it's not a forum for the faint hearted with this loyal cast of characters.:h

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Thanks everyone! I like that Rusty! Ovaries of Brass!

Yes, maybe I will try a different doc....just hate to go thru my whole story again! but if someone else will help me it will be worth it!

What about Plantinum, bleep??

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Taw,

You don't have to tell him your whole story. He doesn't WANT to hear it. Just say, "Rusty (use my real name) on MWO told me to call you...I want to stop drinking. I'm struggling and need support. I would like a script for Baclofen." You will talk to him all of 15 minutes." He will charge you for a consultation, which is $135, I think. If you can't afford it, send me a PM and we WILL, We WILL work out a solution. Just don't give up, don't give up. Ovaries of brass, baby, ovaries of brass.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I have talked to him before...with out my insurance covering it he would not talk to me...then I called back and he wanted me to come in for an office visit...just could never make it in...

Now that we are back to having furlough days, maybe I will suck it up and call him and go see him...

I am working late tonight and cannot call, but I will tomorrow....

Comment

Working...
                                X