I am a trainwreck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a trainwreck!

taw;1027357 wrote: I am so sick of waking up every morning hating myself for the night before! I am blacking out more often and with my son in the house! My order of BAC cannot get here quick enough! I am so disgusted with myself!
    Wow, I could speak those very words. I hate how I feel in the morning. Trying to remember what I said or did...or spilt...or broke. I have a son too....I always wonder what he thinks....he never says anything.

Hope BAC helps you......good luck to you and stay strong! :l
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Hi taw...and my friend akgirl,
      Please don't be downhearted.
      It takes time to find your balance, and you will find it if you give yourself a chance.
      There are some of us that have been here for years, with differing degrees of success, and failure, myself amongst them.
      I drank for more than 20 years and sometimes, very occasionally, it feels like I've just stopped for 20 seconds, but then another 20 seconds passes and I find something else to do.
      If I want a drink, I will damned well go and get one, but I don't want one.
      Please...
      ...give yourself a chance

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Well said and well thought out Popeye. If I feel like a drink, I'll get one ... but I just don't feel like it. Hope this lasts
        Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Thanks Popeye :l

I know this is a lifelong journey with plenty of ups and downs....I wish I didn't want a drink, well I really don't....it just got to be habit again.
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Thanks all! I hope that soon I won't feel like a drink!! I cannot believe that day will ever come...but you are all proof that it will!!
            "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I read in one of the zillion books on AL and self-help that the single biggest obstacle is thinking you can't do it. Once you start to believe you will be able to do it, you can get there faster. That and the forgiving yourself, getting rid if the guilt, are supposed to be helpful.

I went AF for four days, and foolishly had a couple of beers which led me right back down the path and now I'm on gin. Much less of a hangover with good gin or vodka, vs wine or beer, but so easy to drink even more.... :upset:

The topa worked for me but my hair fell out, alot of it, and I still have bald patches on my crown. SUCKS. I'm a bald chick, good reason to drink, right? But I hear that being AF helps restore your hair and skin if you are nutrient deficient like most alkies. Another great reason to go for that gold ring of AF.

So I'm on bac, and working the thought process, but still worried like you are. Hang in there!!!!:l We're all on the same path .... we'll get there!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Yay, FE, popeye and janka!
                Don't you just love a good success story?
                Yep, we're all on the same quest.
                :threesome: (my new favorite smilie. Especially since the icon says threesome. lol)

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

STILL waiting on my bac an prozac! Hoping at least the bac gets here soon...I am off after today for 3 days and that is dangerous! I would also like to start it when I am not at work! So, sending up a prayer to the mail gods that it shows up soon!!
                  "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I've got the next 3 days off too. And that's really not such a good thing for me either.
                    Fingers are crossed.
                    I think that would be mercury or hermes. I would rather pray to hermes, though.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

no bac yet....wtf...please be here soon.......

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

but i have hope....ne, is u here

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

aw, taw. I'm here.
                          It'll get there and then no holds barred. Hang in there. I keep saying that in all the threads. I need a new slogan!
                          Right there with you. xo

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

pming isnt working will send you an email....

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I read OA's book in the early part of the year. March, maybe? I was so excited, but also had soooo many other books to read about getting and staying sober. RR, 7 weeks. Haven't finished a one of them, ftr. But I can't put down The End of My Addiction.
                              It took me a while to find MWO, but when I did I found the thread about ordering online. And against my better judgement, I did.

I'm in chat. will meet you there. you'll have to enable java, if you haven't already

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

k. I'm in chat now.

Comment

Working...
                                X