I am a trainwreck!

Morning sisters and brothers!
    I thought this stuff might be useful:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ight=dr.+levin

Lots of cautionary tales in this one:

The first thread I read about the good doctor and bac:
    Notice that as of April he had only treated 40 victims. That's more than doubled since then, if I remember correctly. We're on a roll people!
    KOKO

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

thanks for the info NE....
      "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I just emailed goldpharma and they said it could take up to 20-25 days to get to the states...it shipped on 12/18/10! I just placed another order so as not to run out...Please get here soon!!!
        "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Still no bac here....maybe tomorrow since Wednesday is my furlough day and I can start a full day without being at work...

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Hang in there.

Taw...sorry to hear about your Bac shipment delays. But at least very likely the end of YOUR addiction is getting much closer. At least you have HOPE, which is something that until Bac, we could scarcely imagine having and being free. Your time spent waiting will be nothing compared to the time that you will hopefully enjoy being AF, right? I've been on Bac for a couple of months now, and still drinking every night and still suffering horrible regrets the morning after for my disgusting behavior when I'm drunk. But I thank God every day now, every day several times a day that at least I have in my hands the ticket to my freedom. Side effects have forced me to keep my dosage low (50 mg/day...20-20-10) but the HOPE for my freedom is such a dream come true. A dream that for YOU will soon be in your hands, and then you will be on the path of your very own Baclofen journey.

You've been drinking for years. You are now down to just a handful of DAY's. DAY's!!! Only a handful of days away from your walk to freedom!!!! Isn't that exciting!!??

Keep on keeping on...we are here for you while to wait, and then again while you wait for your own personal AF miracle to be.

Take care :l
            --------------------------------------------------
            Dab

KOKO my friends! "Keep On Keeping On" your Baclofen journey.
            :h

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Morning, taw.
              Sorry about the awol. I'll update later... I'm fine.
              Thought you might appreciate this, though it mortifies me. I thought the title of the thread was "Train Wreck"... but maybe that's just what I was thinking about myself at the time. One of the reasons your post immediately caught my eye!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...wreck+neva+eva

And what dab said. He brought yet another smile to my early, early morning.
              It'll get here!
              :h
              also, I seriously can't log out. So I'm not actually here 24/7 even though it looks like it.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...wreck+neva+eva
                :H
                Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

:H:H
                  omg. just reread the whole thing.
                  Funny and sad.
                  Notice how many people reached out from the other forums?
                  Love this place.
                  peace out, peeps.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Thanks NE! Lots in common there! Feeling a bit better today...the sun if finally out!!!!! Amazaing how much that can improve your mood! Hope you are feeling better!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Taw,

No need to panic. I have a solution. I'm PMing you right now.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Hi Neva, I'm still here and reading your posts. I don't get time to contribute much at the moment. Christmas was super-shitty - father in law dying with cancer, argumentative relatives at each others throats (descended I think from a long-lost tribe of cannibals - thanks for shitting all over Christmas Day, guys, that was awesome!), no money - and lots of booze available. Hm! Added to which I ran out of Baclofen on the 22nd. Having reduced my drinking to once a week at the very most, I was pissed off to find myself drinking almost every day from the 24th on... When the bac arrived, I took only a minimum dose as I thought, fuck it, let's get to the New Year and pick up from there.*

So that's what I did. On Jan 1 (driving home and back to reality) I took 10mg every few hours (I never usually bother with 10mgs, I usually prefer 2x 25) and by the time evening came it was no sweat not drinking. Been back to my usual 2x25 per day since then and have been Af since then. I'm extremely lucky to get by on such a low dose - I don't know how I'd have coped if I'd been on 200+mg a day.

Taw, sorry to hear your bac is STILL not there. Good grief, Charlie Brown! Did you click "Carrier pigeon" as method of delivery?
                        Yeah I was shocked how slow it took for my baclofen to get to me last month. Ordered on the 14th I think, usually only takes 4/5 days and this time it took, uh, long enough for me to switch brands to "Branik" - which is a really yummy Czech beer, by the way... (I know this isn't quite the place to be making this kind of recommendation, but if you're gonna drink, at least make it something a) tasty and b) easy going on the hangover...) So my motto over the hols was "Don't panic, drink a Branik."

Anyway, thanks Neva for keeping us updated, and let us know how things go from here. All the best!

*Strange thing is, drinking seemed like a chore to be dreaded. But once I'd started I found it depressingly inevitable that I'd drink again the following day, if only to feel normal for a few hours... a feeling I've heard heroin addicts talk about. Oh boy. Now that's something I'm glad I never tried cos if anyone was born to be an addict....)

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Rusty, you just made me cry (good cry)! Thank you so much!

Pony, you just made me fall off my chair laughing! Thank you so much!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Bummer to hear your bac still hasn't srrived, I know I was extremely impatient once I had discovered it...

Hopefully Rusty's solution works.
                            Having hit the switch, I now post under the username "bleep". Look forward to seeing you on the other side...

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Seethepony;1034873 wrote:
                              Yeah I was shocked how slow it took for my baclofen to get to me last month. Ordered on the 14th I think, usually only takes 4/5 days and this time it took, uh, long enough for me to switch brands to "Branik" - which is a really yummy Czech beer, by the way... (I know this isn't quite the place to be making this kind of recommendation, but if you're gonna drink, at least make it something a) tasty and b) easy going on the hangover...) So my motto over the hols was "Don't panic, drink a Branik."
                              :H

I don't see your recommendation as anything out of place here!
                              Love the holiday motto, sorry Christmas was so shitty though. And running out of bac on top of it really sucks!
                              Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                              ~Clutch

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

taw;1034272 wrote: I just emailed goldpharma and they said it could take up to 20-25 days to get to the states...it shipped on 12/18/10! I just placed another order so as not to run out...Please get here soon!!!
                                That sucks. I received an order that Goldpharma shipped on the 15th on the 31st, and that was just coming from Germany to Ireland. Christmas and the weather have really slowed things up. And if your bac is coming from a country with industrial unrest, like Greece, that can add to the delay. My first order took about a month to get from Greece to Ireland.

Comment

Working...
                                X