I am a trainwreck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a trainwreck!

...and reg, why would you ever consider yourself an intruder???! i don't think i'm the only one who loves to see you pop in!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Taw, it's been awhile since we talked and it looks like maybe you posted something and took it down today or in the last few days. I just want you to know I'm still cheering for you. Simple, blunt and wise words from Reggie. Where are you at now girl? What's your next move? You're young with a young son. You can make a better life!
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I am ok.....Thanks Reg! I know people are rooting for me! Thanks everyone for the support!
        "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Sorry if I said something to worry you Reg....I just have not been on much lately! You can pop in any time! Thanks for waking up my thread! Now I will have to post more often!
          "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Great song, Reg! Thanks! And thanks for checking on me! And thank you for brining me out of my funk! Yes, I do need to confront my self! I have been hiding behind excuses but no more.

I have been waiting for the bac to do its thing, but that has not been happening. And for that reason, I just took an Antabuse. Funny thing, it only works if you take it! Maybe some good sober time under my belt will kick start the bac...I don't know what I am so afraid of, getting sober.

I am striving for a week AF....that's doable, right??

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

So today is day 3 AF. I am wondering about something though, and I am hoping someone will chime in...I hear so much about the anti anxiety effects of bac. I have never really had much of an issue with anxiety, depression, yes, but anxiety no.

I seem to have a lot of anxiety on higher doses of bac. And my depression seems worse too. Maybe bac won't work for me. Over the summer I was at 400mg+ and never switched. Could bac not be my way out if I don't have the anxiety to start with?

Maybe dose down on the bac, just do the antabuse to get some good sober time and maybe LDB will help with the cravings?

I have been on 180mg since Monday. Has anyone else experienced more anxiety on bac instead of less as reported by most?

Any insight is much appreciated!!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

taw;1262735 wrote: I have been on 180mg since Monday. Has anyone else experienced more anxiety on bac instead of less as reported by most?
                Hi Taw. For me, the baclofen works for anxiety only on lower doses. At higher doses, my anxiety gets worse than it is without baclofen. Same thing for baclofen as a sleep aid. It's GREAT at lower doses but at higher doses, it is a sleep disruptor. I do not think that has been an uncommon experience for people here.

It can be a journey getting it all sorted out.
                Ginger

You are here:
                sigpic

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Hi Taw,

How are you doing today? I think the anxiety is not from the baclofen, but maybe a minor symptom of AF withdrawal. :goodjob: on your AF days!!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

hi taw! great on the three days! i wish i had some wisdom about the bac and anxiety, but i don't. i'm sure you know about the bac and anxiety thread; it's long and busy so i bet it will be full of ideas for you.

so happy to hear about your success this week. thinking of you, wishing you the very best.

xo ru

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

I had completely forgotten about that thread, Rudy, but I will check it out! Thanks!

I am going to try just the pharmacy brand and see if that helps. I have been mixing it with the stuff I bought on line to use it up.

You might be right Rusty, but the anxiety started before the AF days. Maybe a combo plus all the other stuff going!! And maybe drinking on bac!

On with day 4 AF!!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Hiya Taw!

I find LDB to help my panic and anxiety. I don't know that it does much for my depression, except that my depression doesn't get a foothold in an anxiety or panic attack then exacerbate. I use gabapentin for depression and anxiety, it really helps me with both. Then I can't use either as an excuse to drink.

Congrats on 3 days AF. Yes, you can do it, even if you just made 3 days this time around, I found that small achievements in AF helped fuel my confidence that I could do 4 days, then a week, etc. So far my longest is three weeks. But now I know I can be fine AF. And that's heartening. So are you still AF, and are you using Antabuse? Taking away choice at the witching hour is important!
                        :h:h

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

So, I went up to 225 mg on Monday...I have been having serious coordination issues for about a week now...Has anyone else experienced this? Like I am walking and my legs just give out..I have more bumps and bruises now than when I was drinking heavily!

I have had the hand twitching thing for a while, and the eye twitching thing, but the legs thing is new...anyone, anyone??

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Yes, the coordination thing happened to me too. Part of the problem with anxiety is that quitting alcohol causes hyper-stimulation of various neurons that used to be dulled by alcohol. This is one of the reasons for the DTs, and anxiety and problems sleeping are very common. I found the most acute symptoms go away within a week.

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Thanks Moglor...was just kind of scary! Hopefully this will pass quickly!

Comment

I am a trainwreck!

Hi Taw,

I'm on low dose and have eye twitches more than normal. Don't know if its related. I had more baclofen last night and today I'm a zombie.

Are you still AF?

Comment

Working...
                                X