Anyone that Baclofen didn't work for??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NE, what are you talking about? I get so much out of your posts! Please don't go away...
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Isolde....that is bizarre, isn't it? I'm on Ramipril and Hydroclorothyazide (sp?) for my blood pressure, due to drinking and being overweight. I'm going to my doc. for my annual appt. Monday and I'll be damned if I'll tell her about Bac since she's never heard of it!!!! So I'll lay off the Bac until then.

Neva-PLEASE don't go away. I'll be really pissed if you do. I promise I won't PM you, and your posts ARE helpful. Neva, what did you mean by this? I am sooo confused, and you are so wrong when you say you don't fit in. For the most part I regret almost every single post I've ever put on here. seriously. And never felt like I fit in here, really. WTF? You have done so much good for so many people here. Your posts are helpful, objective, kind and funny!

Comment

OMG. you people are seriously making me blush. And I bet a bunch of guys are squirming in their ergonomically correct computer chairs from all the mushy love. (I love them too!) Thanks. I love it.
        Not going anywhere. Fairly obsessed with MWO and bac, so no worries. :H
        FTR, the new avatar is me on bac without the gym...and my trusty pooch, the Goose.

Comment

Feel the love :h:h:h:h

:H
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

c0ffee;1030214 wrote: wow! Rusty was right about the blood pressure. Just checked it- 163/116. Gonna go to duane read and pick up some beta blockers. i hope that helps. or am i part of the small minority of people bac doesn't work for??
            My blood pressure didn't change while I was on bac. It was always high, 160-180 / 100, and highest while drinking or hungover.

It remained like this all the way through my baclofen experience up until I became abstinent. Approximately two weeks after that, it checked out at 128/72.

I can also say that I still had cravings and drank quite heavily all the way up to 250mg. My switch dose was somewhere between 250 and 262.5, as that is when I was able to go abstinent without cravings.

One other thing I can suggest: If you're anything like me, you might have forgotten a dose here or there. I suspect the effect gets a bit muddled when your daily dose varies due to forgetting pills. I had a week where my doses were 150/125/75/175/200, and I drank quite a bit that week. I think a steady even dosing schedule is the best.

-Moglor

Comment

neva eva;1030619 wrote: FTR, the new avatar is me on bac without the gym...and my trusty pooch, the Goose.
              :H

And I agree with Rusty!! Why oh why would you regret almost every post you've ever submitted?! Of course you fit in here! :l
              Glad that you're addicted to us, too.
              Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
              ~Clutch

Comment

Alcoholic insecurity? general knuckleheadedness maybe? Anyway, we've throroughly hijacked this thread.
                Thank goodness Mog is around to get back on track. :H
                What's new coffee? What'd the good doctor say?

Comment

thanks a lot guys for all your posts. extremely heplful!
                  i bumped my dose up to 4 hundo. seems to be working just fine but a little worried about how long I can maitain with the supply I have. anyone know of any good online sites? I saw something about 4rx and its really cheap but not sure about the quality. I also wonder how long it would take for the shipment to come. I'm going to Belize on Jan 8th.
                  also, inderal brought my bp down to 130/90, so that's a good sign. was pretty worried about such a high diastolic.
                  i seem to have high anxiety at this high dose. I thought it would be the opposite. maybe its just a shock to the system. I dunno.

Again, thanks for all the feedback.

-paul

P.S.- I love Manhattan but not with all this damn snow.

Comment

Hey Paul. I am with you on the heightened anxiety at increased doses. I have noticed more anxiety myself at the higher end.
                    I've used 4Rx for all of my shipments. The quality is good and consistent. The shipments do take quite awhile though. To Florida, took about 3 weeks. I had one shipment that took even longer. Nothing outside of the range that they quote when you order though. It's all up to customs, really!
                    Glad to hear that your bp is down! And that 400mgs seems to be working for you. Hopefully you won't have to stay at such high doses for too long.
                    Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                    ~Clutch

Comment

Hello and Happy New Year to all,
                      I am very much a novice at this sort of thing, so please bear with me. My query is in regard to Baclofen. Mu husband and I have read Dr. Ameisen's book with great interest and excitement but now need to find a Dr. here in Australia who is willing to prescribe and monitor this treatment. We have made various enquiries including an approach to a clinical physician who conducts a clinic treating alcoholism here in Australia as well as a physciatrist in another such clinic. These approaches were met with a great deal of scepticism and negitivity. If anyone can anyone help we would greatly appreciate it.
                      Mags

Comment

You can go that high. Even higher. There's nothing wrong with that. Ne even quoted Dr. Levin saying that 340 was an important "level ". Make double damn sure you've got TWICE the amount of baclofen you need either on order or on hand if you have to go that high.
                        I've always found Goldpharma to be fastest. Generally 4-10 days from Europe to California and their orders do NOT go through customs. Still I've had one order from them take a month to arrive. You cannot count on international shipments.

And once again just FTR: I'm down for anything. As long as it involves girlzzz :threekisses:
                        :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                        :what?:
                        sigpic
                        Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                        A Forum
                        Trolls need not apply

Comment

Lo0p;1032423 wrote: Make double damn sure you've got TWICE the amount of baclofen you need either on order or on hand if you have to go that high.
                          This has come up a lot in the last 24 hours. Figuring out a system for taking the bac is a good idea. And getting enough so that you don't have to titrate down or worse, go cold turkey, is a really, really good idea. It's possibly dangerous to stop abruptly. And getting up into the stratosphere, a la lo0p, is a little onerous. Makes sense to only have to do it once, imho.

Lo0p;1032423 wrote:
                          And once again just FTR: I'm down for anything. As long as it involves girlzzz :threekisses:
                          Good to know. But my gay bf is going to be disappointed. He likes your pix too. :H

And you might want to be cautious! did you miss the conversation on SEs and adverse reactions? Rusty was fairly ready to buy a plane ticket to Manhattan!

:imshocked::threesome:
                          I could write a whole post in smilies this morning. Perhaps because I slept for about an hour? or I'm just that immature. xo peeps.

Comment

Working...
                          X