The order has been placed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers trip -it's really funny you should say that, because I was just (today) stopping Zyban for smoking! which had worked in the past for me - stupid moment, etc...

Insomnia
    It worked, nicely, until I started smoking....

After that, no wisdom, I,m afraid.

Luck and fortune friends......

Let it work.
    Having hit the switch, I now post under the username "bleep". Look forward to seeing you on the other side...

Comment

bha, it's all gone to shit.... her we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you've ben great!
      Having hit the switch, I now post under the username "bleep". Look forward to seeing you on the other side...

Comment

sigh, not that bad, hang in there muppet.

go gadget go

Comment

Everything ok, Bleep??
          "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Bleep?
            Whazzup?

Comment

bleep69;1033944 wrote:
              He also gave out a prescription for Amitriptyline, which he said he takes to help his boozing at night! Anyone know of this drug, and whether it can be safely taken with bac? I am quite happy to just take the bac. 5mg taken so far. I can see the hard part is going to be remembering to take something so regularly. I have forgotten to finish every course of pills I've ever started, so I need to come up with a system here!
              Let the games begin!
              Wow, I can't believe your doc told you that about himself! Never heard of it for helping to curb AL intake.

Trust me, if you want it bad enough, you will remember to take the bac!! But if you really suck at taking pills, get yourself a pillbox and use that to make sure you take the right amount every day.

Funny how he had no problem giving you the script. Sometimes we get worried for nothing.. sometimes not. My doc was pretty easy about it too, though he wasn't really familiar with it.

Like everyone else here has said - it's worth it! And we're here for you

Good luck!!
              Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
              ~Clutch

Comment

Jeesh, sorry for the inane posts!

Had a bit of a reaction to the bac I think, and got completely plastered on a fairly normal amount of booze for me. I woke up this morning with one of the worst hangovers I have ever had. Every symptom of the classic hangover was accounted for, as well as a few others I have not had before. I've never had a bad acid trip, but this couldn't have been far from what it feels like! Couldn't make it in to work, couldn't even get out of bed until just now. This will certainly have an impact on my drinking, I don't ever want another hangover like that. Taking it very easy tonight. So far...

Isolde, I think I'm going to have to get a pillbox, or I will surely overdose or skip a dose very soon! Thanks.

Trip, thanks for the heads up on the Amitriptyline, I might start taking it and see. I have a sneaking suspicion I may have tried a couple last night, which may have contributed to this morning, but I can't be sure. I could count to find out, but there's 100's of these tiny pills, and it doesn't really matter. Always had a fairly cavalier approach to that sort of thing, so it wouldn't surprise me!

I remember being at the computer for ages last night, and so far have seen only these inane postings, so I wonder what the hell I was up to?

Sorry for the daft posts, will try to keep them to a minimum. If I've posted drivel on anyone's thread, I apologise.

Cheers

Bleep

Comment

Isolde;1034325 wrote: Wow, I can't believe your doc told you that about himself! Never heard of it for helping to curb AL intake.

Good luck!!
                  I think he meant more that it sends him to bed before any quantity can be consumed, rather than curbing drinking directly. Was also a bit surprised at his openness, found it quite refreshing! At the same time, his somewhat casual attitude surprised me, but in a very pleasant way. I expected at the very least to have my blood pressure taken! I think I prefer his approach over other doctors I've seen, after thinking about it a bit.

Can anyone explain how to quote multiple people in one reply?

Thanks!

Comment

bleep69;1034891 wrote: I think he meant more that it sends him to bed before any quantity can be consumed, rather than curbing drinking directly. Was also a bit surprised at his openness, found it quite refreshing! At the same time, his somewhat casual attitude surprised me, but in a very pleasant way. I expected at the very least to have my blood pressure taken! I think I prefer his approach over other doctors I've seen, after thinking about it a bit.

Can anyone explain how to quote multiple people in one reply?

Thanks!
                    Ah, gotcha. I was wondering how something that helps you sleep could curb your AL intake. I would much prefer a doc to be open and candid like that as well! I think it's definitely a rarity!
                    Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                    ~Clutch

Comment

bleep69;1034875 wrote: Jeesh, sorry for the inane posts!

Had a bit of a reaction to the bac I think
                      It's a bit of an occupational hazard. The only really bad part of it would be that regret would keep you from continuing to post. They're not inane. They're.... expression. And you crack me up. Keep it coming.

I'd like to formally introduce you to Ig1 and Ig2:
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ver-45677.html
                      :H

And reading the Side Effects threads, any and all of them, did not prove particularly useful for me, until I'd experienced them. Then they brought a great deal of comfort...It'll pass, just take the damn pills!

Comment

How are you doing Bleep?? day 2 on bac?
                        "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Day 5 now taw. Still no side effects other than that fierce hangover on day 2. Went up to 30mg's yesterday, in 6 x 5 doses, was too much of a hassle, so today it's 3 x 10. Tomorrow I'll try 50mg's and see how it goes.

On the plus side, was at a dinner last night, and I was the second-to-last person to leave, actually ordered a glass instead of a bottle toward the end, so perhaps something is happening. Normally I would be the last, taking the remains of my bottle with me, without question!

Your bac still not arrived?

Comment

Not sure what happened...it just typed out a long reply and it is not there..

Glad you are doing well Bleep! I got my bac last night! Took one....taking my next one on my drive home...will see how the weekend goes! I am excited, scared, and motivated!

Keep us posted!

Comment

Go for it taw! Pleased to hear it finally arrived!

Still no side-effects, he said. My wife tells me I was wandering around the room at whatever hour this morning, muttering to myself. I see this as a positive, at least I am getting some exercise. I am the laziest being I have ever met, my idea of a full body workout is to switch drinking arms occasionally. Sometimes I even stand up when I drink, but I have to be in the mood for exercise.

I am excited, scared, and motivated!
                              That is exactly how I feel! I wish you luck. Please, please, please let this work for us!

I've upped my dose to 40mg's, pending some wise advise in the thread about upping doses, and tomorrow will try 60mg's. Other than the most debilitating hangover I have ever experienced, and a very slight stoned feeling (neither good nor bad), I haven't felt any side effects yet. Touch wood.

I find myself wanting to take more and more Bac, in a perverse attempt to experience side effects. It's the part of me that wants to feel different, whether or not that different is a good feeling. I'm realising that normality is what I am trying to get away from, for whatever reason. What a fucked up head I have.

Go well.

Comment

I'm skeptical that my bac is really bac. Has anyone else not had any side effects? It's through a prescription from a local pharmacy, so I suppose its the paranoid me coming out. I have already, after less than a week, noticed differences in my drinking behaviour...

I had a fine SE of drinking last night, the lost phone. What a ball-ache. All those numbers. I suppose not having the dealer's numbers at this time in my life is a good thing though. Strangely, I have never had an addictive issue with drugs, its just booze that screws me up. Even the very addictive drugs have been a take it or leave it affair with me. How come?

Sigh.

Goodnight all, I'm taking my semi-pissed head to bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X