• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm indifferent (6 jan 2011)

My eyes are glistening again!

thx Grommet

Comment

I've been titrating down pretty quickly from 400 to 150.

My goal was to feel like the 120's. But now at 150mg/d, I feel very happy, kind of 'warm', alcohol is no issue, and I sleep better than ever in my mature life. The glass is half-full.

Like others, after the switch, I thought a lot about how to go from here. Should I go down to the lowest dosage possible, or should I maintain the dosage that makes me feel great? I really don't care about being dependant on a pill to make me feel better. Right now I feel better than I can remember from childhood. Much easier going and I feel like a better person.

I think I am going to stay at 150 this year. So no titrating down anymore. Maybe, maybe I'll try the 125 but I'm not going to take the risk of losing this feeling. So I guess an addict is born here, but (again) I don't care because, like all of you, I deserve a happier feeling in life. And I'm happy now. To all the people that might say that happiness can't be real when it's artificial, I can only say that it seems damn real to me and that's what should count.

Low

Comment

Low, that's the nicest series of updates I have ever read. Thank you. It's really good to hear you are doing so well.

"To all the people that might say that happiness can't be real when it's artificial, I can only say that it seems damn real to me and that's what should count."

Thats all thats counts.
        Having hit the switch, I now post under the username "bleep". Look forward to seeing you on the other side...

Comment

Low, I'm with you, man. I'm over a year with the baclofen and I've never been more "sober," even when I wasn't drinking, more productive, nor more okay with life. Even with a lifetime of resisting pharmaceuticals and exploring every natural remedy that's out there, I've come to accept that my personal bio-chemistry is fundamentally supported by baclofen. Who knew?

I'm so happy you've found a good place and your own way out of alcohol hell.
          "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Thank you Low,
            Awsome thread! I am inspired all over again by how you are going!
            Was on the point of giving up on bac again.. was saved by the threads that talk about bac withdrawals and the dangers, they helped me see what I'd done wrong and now this thread shows me once again what is possible!
            Many thanks

Comment

Low, what kind of titration schedule did you follow going from 400mgs to 150? You said it was pretty quick, and it must have been to drop so much in less than 3 weeks.
              In any case, I'm glad that you are still indifferent with such a quick titration!
              Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
              ~Clutch

Comment

Isolde,

i didn't really have a plan. It just felt ok doing it like that. I think I skipped a 50 mg/d dose once in a while. My body handles it very well. No signs of strange/weird things so I figured it'd be ok. Every titration downwards made me realize what a bit of a zombie I'd become without really knowing. I guess I've gotten so used to the SE's that being a zombie felt pretty normal and nothing to worry about
                No pshychoses or something. To be honest, I think a could stop today and be ok tomorrow. But I won't try that

Comment

Lowcountryman;1045743 wrote: Isolde,

i didn't really have a plan. It just felt ok doing it like that. I think I skipped a 50 mg/d dose once in a while. My body handles it very well. No signs of strange/weird things so I figured it'd be ok. Every titration downwards made me realize what a bit of a zombie I'd become without really knowing. I guess I've gotten so used to the SE's that being a zombie felt pretty normal and nothing to worry about
                  No pshychoses or something. To be honest, I think a could stop today and be ok tomorrow. But I won't try that
                  Wow, you are lucky! Did you notice the same resilience while you were titrating up, tolerating the increased doses with ease?
                  Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                  ~Clutch

Comment

Is,
                    The first 100 were really easy for me. At 120 it was great. I had lot's of trouble with the 240-250's. That's where the SE's hit me the most. I had to stay there for a few week. Titrating up after that was 'pretty easy' but no fun at all. Took a double dose once (2x100) and I had a real, REAL, annoying pain in the neck-muscle or something in that neigbourhood of my body. I must add that I've always been able to tolerate lots of recreational drugs (xtc,speed,coke) very well. Also stopped anti-depressant in one day and felt absolutely no 'disturbance' of whatever. So I'm confident that I don't react that fast, the 'good' or the 'bad' way. I'm a kryptonite kind of guy I guess

Comment

beatle;1039528 wrote: When do you find time to work out, Lo0p?
                      The Marshmallow Test | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Sorry again Low. :blushing:
                      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                      :what?:
                      sigpic
                      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                      A Forum
                      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Lowcountryman;1045407 wrote: I've been titrating down pretty quickly from 400 to 150.

My goal was to feel like the 120's. But now at 150mg/d, I feel very happy, kind of 'warm', alcohol is no issue, and I sleep better than ever in my mature life. The glass is half-full.

Like others, after the switch, I thought a lot about how to go from here. Should I go down to the lowest dosage possible, or should I maintain the dosage that makes me feel great? I really don't care about being dependant on a pill to make me feel better. Right now I feel better than I can remember from childhood. Much easier going and I feel like a better person.

I think I am going to stay at 150 this year. So no titrating down anymore. Maybe, maybe I'll try the 125 but I'm not going to take the risk of losing this feeling. So I guess an addict is born here, but (again) I don't care because, like all of you, I deserve a happier feeling in life. And I'm happy now. To all the people that might say that happiness can't be real when it's artificial, I can only say that it seems damn real to me and that's what should count.

Low
                        I went down to 80mg without any issues and stayed there for about 8 months). However, I'm on 120mg now, for similar reasons - I feel good at that level. Comfortable in myself.

And in no way do I think there is a risk of addiction: I still forget if I don't set a reminder on my mobile.
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Lowcountryman;1045407 wrote: The glass is half-full.:H Methinks that is rather an understatement. A bunch of emoticons wouldn't go amiss.
                          :yougo: and :disco:

Lowcountryman;1045407 wrote: I really don't care about being dependant on a pill to make me feel better. Right now I feel better than I can remember from childhood. Much easier going and I feel like a better person.
                          I'm thinking the people who take anti-depressants or say, cholesterol medication, probably don't feel like they're "dependant" on a pill to feel better or live longer. right? doesn't make one an addict, and as we all know, bac is not a happy pill! Would that it were!

Lowcountryman;1045407 wrote:
                          ...like all of you, I deserve a happier feeling in life. And I'm happy now. Low
                          Amen, brother.
                          :l
                          xo

Comment

No booze, no craving, not 'that' feeling.

I'm at 100/125 now. I take my first dose at about 14.00 (50), then another 50 in the evening and before going to sleep I add a 25.

Still like a very happy catholic. Taking care a lot more about my appearance. So I guess I look as good as I can be right now. I sleep well. I can decide to stay up, or go to bed. If I decide to stay up, a wake up late. So, perfectly normal.

My eyes stil glistening and even my hair seems to be healthier. Even 'did' my eyebrows for the first time in my life

Working two jobs on a reasonable level. I perform well. Not as sharp as when I was 20 or so, but maybe that's just age. Or maybe my brains have some more connections to restore.

Sometimes I try hard to think about alcohol, to see what happens. I know the feeling so well. But that part of the brain seems to be amputated. I can't even recall the taste of a cold beer. Drinking lots of tea and hot chocolate and icetea.

Now with the jobs, there's no reason to fear the habitual drinking also.

So, it's ok the way it is. The whole journey becomes more and more a blur. Feels like a lightyear away that I took all those pills. Also the drinking part, that was so huge, seems to be part of a former life, or the life of somebody else. It's very distant.

I'm just keeping up the thread once in a while.

Low

Comment

Low, that is simply amazing. I can't wait to join you in post-switch land! It really sounds like a nice place to be.

Glad you're still posting here. :l

Comment

Well something worth mentioning maybe.

I'm still looking for the lowest dosage that still makes me feel happy. Because this alcohol-thing is really kind of out of my system, I start forgetting taking the Bac when I get up. So I took it a few days at 15.00 (give or take an hour). I noticed that the happy feeling was very much less in the mornings. Today I started the day with 37,5 mg and that felt a whole lot better.

Yesterday, I had a dinner with a lot of new colleagues. Wine flowing, everything was free. Man, it was so easy to just ask for water. I never even considered having a wine. It just wasn't an issue at all. I wasn't even worried that a part of me would say: "well, have one". I knew that we were having this dinner for weeks, but wasn't occupied with it at all. it's true what they say about indifference: I couldn't care less. Well, it's nothing new, but now I'm on MWO or a minute, I thought I'd mention it.

So, still trying to find that lowest dosage, the frequency, the schedule. But only to keep the happy feeling.

I'm at, not really sure anymore, 100 mg/d.

Low

Comment

Working...
                                X