Daily Baclofen thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Baclofen thread

I've longed for a daily bac thread, something like they have on the other forums. It would be nice, in my humble opinion, to have a place to visit and catch up and direct new people should they happen to find it. (Assuming of course, that it doesn't wind up on page 10 in a day or two, with all of the wonderful activity going on here right now.)

I've been wracking my brain for something clever to start it out, and I've got nothing that isn't a distraction. So to the Daily Baclofen Thread?
    friends

Daily Baclofen thread

And we're off!
    Thanks, Bleep.
    A good place to start might be:
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...livier+ameisen
    and, of course:
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ead-38718.html

The relevant information is in the first couple of pages.

xo, friends! Lots to catch up on the other threads, this morning!

Comment

Daily Baclofen thread

Well said, Bleep....Good idea NE! Hopefully I can contribute soon!!
      "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Daily Baclofen thread

Turns out I had cigs all along. So I went for some real exercise. Yowza, people! I know there's science behind it, but don't care! Exercise and bac feels goooood.
        I got to dash by all of the people like us who were just ousted from the shelter and are now perched on the park benches in the freezing cold. wish I could slip some bac into the water at the soup kitchen! One of my closest friends runs the place, so maybe, maybe, there's an in there? Anyway, will save the world another day! Like when I've achieved sobriety and have a clue!?

Is, what're you doing this weekend? Enjoying a (meaning one! or two, or whatever...) cold one with friends and family? Beast firmly in submission!

(the list was annoying me, and eating at me, so had to go.)

Comment

Daily Baclofen thread

Whoa Nev! You really compiled quite a list there!

First of all, I have to agree - bac and exercise feel GOOOOOD!! Even though I was dead tired after work yesterday, I forced myself to go to the gym and do sprints. I thought I was going to die, but when I walked outside, all hot and sweaty, it was lightly raining, with a cool wind leading the beginning of a cold front down, and it felt awesome. And I ended up being in a better mood afterwards, of course! Looking forward to what I can accomplish fitness-wise with bac on my side! Up until the super tired somewhat grumpy mood of yesterday afternoon, I have been flying high for a little while now. :rays: Bac + positive changes = all kinds of optimism. Whee!

As for this weekend, I kind of got thrown a curveball. I had actually not been planning to drink anything until my birthday next weekend (doing dinner with some family and friends), and then yesterday I got an invite for a girls' night from my brother's g/f (at her place with some cocktails, etc.). Being newly single, I promised myself to both strengthen my exisiting social connections and also to expand them, as both facets had been sorely neglected when I was part of a couple. My knee jerk reaction was to say no, so I could have an AF Friday and get up early on Saturday to go to take a class at the gym. I've been an "all or nothing" person for as long as I can remember. When I'm in healthy mode, that's all there is for me. And likewise with saying screw it and eating and drinking whatever. I thought about it for a few minutes yesterday and realized that I can do some of both and actually lead a balanced life. So I told her that yes, I would love to go. When she asked what I would like to drink, I told her it really didn't matter as I prob. wouldn't have much since I had to get up early on Saturday anyway. So maybe a glass or 2 of wine, not make it too late of a night, and still get enough sleep to get out of bed and get to the gym on Saturday morning.

Thanks for asking!

Guess the whole idea that bac works for nicotine addiction as well is bunk, huh? I know Ig said he didn't experience wanting to smoke any less. Can you imagine, a pill that makes you indifferent to AL AND cigs?! That's probably just too much to ask for from one little pill (or 10-15 little pills!), but it was a nice thought.
          Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
          ~Clutch

Comment

Daily Baclofen thread

Works on AL and cigs and can maybe get me off prozac! It is a miracle drug!!!

But I'm good with only working on AL!!
            "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Daily Baclofen thread

AL is plenty, smokes can wait for later! I wonder how many of us smoke a fair few, would be my guess! Ah well, can't be perfect!

Isolde, I reckon it's important to go out and do stuff. That's been my downfall during my sober periods, hermitting myself and letting the world go by, so 10 points there.

Neva, that's a hell of a list! I don't think I know that many people irl that I would want to get together!
              Having hit the switch, I now post under the username "bleep". Look forward to seeing you on the other side...

Comment

Daily Baclofen thread

titrating down

Heya Folks

Well I'm beyond pleased at how Bac has worked for me. I hit my switch in the upper 300's, but of course was feeling rotten. I've titrated down to 180 at this point, but I'm still not really feeling myself. Tired and foggy, though not nearly as bad as it was. Plus splitting the dose in 4 has seemed to help.

I've been drinking very moderately. A glass or two of wine with dinner, sometimes a beer or two. I'm also still smoking - when I was at higher doses I really wasn't interested in smoking at all, but smoked anyways out of habit, and for something to do while I sat around the house dealing with my SE's. Now I feel a slight desire for cigarette's, plus the habit aspect, but because of the bac, it would be really easy to stop, which I may do even today.

I noticed a slight craving for alcohol last night. More of a "a glass of wine would be nice with dinner" thing. I was worried that I would want more. I'm not even sure it was a craving, or just not sure what to do with myself being home that day from vactation. I did have a couple of glasses of wine, but didn't feel the need to continue at all. Two small scotches later. This was over about 5 hours. It wasn't a craving thing, and I never desired to progress to inebriation.

But I don't feel I can continue at even this relatively small dose. I think I'll go down again today to 160 for a week. I'm happy to hear that some people are maintaining at 80 and 100. I'm just worried about the cravings returning, but then I could just bump up again I suppose...

I should mention - I just returned from a week in Cuba (sorry folks!) at an all inclusive thingy. All the booze one can drink, and lots of people making the best of it. It was truly bizarre - A year ago I would have been one of those people, beer in hand at 10 am, and rocking right through the night. But I only had one or two, and those not from any craving at all, but just because. We went to bed at midnight all the time... So wonderful...

Sorry! Long winded!

Any thoughts?

Comment

Daily Baclofen thread

Hey Paul,

I am one of those guys that people who do the all inclusive thing dread. There go the profits...

Smoking - bleh, it'll take years and years to kill you, so no worries there!. From what I've heard about the "switch" though, it's a permanent thing, and once you've hit it, you've hit it. Others with actual experience will be able to tell you more though, so I'll shut up
                  Having hit the switch, I now post under the username "bleep". Look forward to seeing you on the other side...

Comment

Working...
                  X