Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started on Campral

Hey all, started on Campral yesterday.

My appetite's gone - I can only eat very little. Depression seems worse (I noticed on the info with the meds that they say don't take if you suffer depression....why would my doc have prescribed it??) Seems to be affecting my stomach - nausea and acid rising.

I feel very sad and isolated....maybe due to my relationship deteriorating?

At least I don't feel like a drink. Last night I had a glass of chocolate milk instead of 8 beers!!

The weekend will be a challenge - I'll normally work outside the house and demolish a slab of beer as I go.

From reading some stories here, the Campral effects may only be temporary so I'll give it a week then go back and see the doc. Appreciate any advice - esp from anyone who suffers depression and anxiety and who also has taken Campral, appreciating that the drug will affect people in different ways.

Seeya

Just started on Campral

Campral doesn't really affect you in the way you mention, stopping drink does though and it can take 4 or 5 days for your stomach to recover. I've had depression on and off although I think it was my drinking that caused it. Whenever I stop after a bender I'm always severely depressed for a few days, not surprising since you've been pouring a depressant drug into your body for so long.

Quite often sadness can come from the realisation of all the damage alcohol has done, as well as the things you've lost. Sadness is a normal emotion, but this gets supressed by drinking and so can feel very overwhelming when we feel it again.

Comment

Just started on Campral

That makes a lot of sense UKB.

After a big night, my feelings of worthlessness and despondency were at all time highs (lows). I'll see how I feel after a week or so then check in with the doc.

Thank you

Comment

Just started on Campral

Your body and mood will be all over the place for the first 7-10 days, but after that will settle down.

Comment

Working...
        X