Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

Katherine, congratulations! That is wonderful! Would you mind sharing how long alcohol had been a problem for you and how much you were drinking per day? I think under General Discussion there was a thread I responded to titled "How much do you/did you drink?"

I love success stories like yours!

Comment

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

Rusty;1045014 wrote: Katherine, congratulations! That is wonderful! Would you mind sharing how long alcohol had been a problem for you and how much you were drinking per day? I think under General Discussion there was a thread I responded to titled "How much do you/did you drink?"

I love success stories like yours!
      Hi Rusty, Thanks for your reply post. Had been drinking for over 30 years. At the final stages, the last 3 years before taking bac. I was drinking in binges but the times in between binges were getting to be less and less. During a binge I would drink for up to a week till I was very ill and could take no more of the disgusting stuff. During this time I would end up on about 2 bottles of wine a day. I say day as I would start in the morning through till night. I waited for a lull in my drinking and was AF for about a week before starting on Bac. that first day. It was very scary and I was shocked at the immediate effect as I had thought it was going to be a long and very difficult journey with maybe no positive result.

Only dip into this forum from time to time and wish I could do so more often - have not covered all threads and posts yet but hope to do so.

Wish you all the luck in the world. k x :h

Comment

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

Katherine,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I really appreciate it! I wish you continued AF happiness. Thanks again for taking the time to post! Take good care!

Rusty
        x

Comment

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

Katherine, that's great to hear, you give the rest of us much hope! What a fantastic response to baclofen you had! Glad to see you have shared, and started your own thread so others can easily find it.

Well done. 10 points.
          Having hit the switch, I now post under the username "bleep". Look forward to seeing you on the other side...

Comment

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

Katherine--CONGRATS! I must say I'm very impressed (and a little jealous! ) that you had such an overwhelming response to Bac. I can't imagine being indifferent from the first dose! What a blessing that was for you, and it's so inspirational. Thanks for sharing!:h

Comment

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

Giving hope to others.

seeking_serenity;1045099 wrote: Katherine--CONGRATS! I must say I'm very impressed (and a little jealous! ) that you had such an overwhelming response to Bac. I can't imagine being indifferent from the first dose! What a blessing that was for you, and it's so inspirational. Thanks for sharing!:h
              :thanks: Seeking_serenity - but please, don't be even a smidgen of a bit jealous. I am a very private person and suffered my alcoholism on my own, hiding it from all. This was added pressure as I couldn't seek help for fear of being exposed as a drunken woman. I drank alone and can't really say that I was a drunken woman as I slept my way through it most of the time. When I eventually reached rock bottom I did turn to my local doctors' surgery but not one of them understood or really, if I am honest, cared or wanted to know enough to help me........... that's another long story. This forum has given me a chance to let others know of my plight and how I was able to get out of a disasterous situation lest I became another statistic.

And so, be very much heartened by my story because it shows that on the one side of the scale Bac. works in very low doses and on the other it works for those who need higher doses like Dr. A. There is no right or wrong dose - take whatever works for you till you reach the switch - till then keep reading this wonderful site for real life answers to qs by very real people in likewise circumstances.

The moral of the story is that we share a problem in our lives and are bent on making it better. Everyone on here is showing so much courage; such a sense of caring and sharing in their journey to be free on their addiction that brings a lump to my throat. I look forward to reading about more and more success stories both on here. Good luck and my admiration to you all. K.:l

Comment

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

Wow, you are so lucky to get rid of the beast at such a low dosage! Congrats! The side effects at 50mg are killing me!

Comment

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

Geez...I posted on another thread :-) Katherine, you said 20 or 30 mg's of Bac,,,, I have heard up to 400mg's. Does it depend on the individual?
                  "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

I reached my switch at 50 but I am still having thoughts about AL until I take my first 10mgs at about 3 30
                    Cannot start BAC sooner as I need to be alert for grandchilren/driving and running.
                    Once I have taken 1st dose I am usually fine.

Comment

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

Thank-You...I am gathering "switch" means no desire for alcohol?
                      "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

and Anon does it make you kind of "out of it"?......not that that is bad from the alcohol "high"!

Comment

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

Hi If,

Bac seems to have very extreme side effects (SE's) in some people like me, and very little disruptive impact on others. It's highly individual. I always thought I'd be able to handle the Se's easily, since I have high tolerance for most drugs due to the AL intake. For example, the dentist has to give me tons of extra novacaine because my body metabolizes it quickly, so it would be reasonable to think I'd handle Bac fairly easily - which I don't. I am zoned out, have intense somnolence to the point of being unable to work at my desk - I can get up and walk around but I feel very weak. On the other hand, I feel relaxed, less panicky, less likely to freak out. As a result, I'm less negative because I'm not stressed out all the time.

Some members here have put together great information on side effects, do a search for "SE's" or "side effects" and see what you come up with.

Comment

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

Thanks Bruune

Comment

THANK BACOFLEN FOR THAT!

ifulovelife2;1045166 wrote: and Anon does it make you kind of "out of it"?......not that that is bad from the alcohol "high"!
                              Yes I do feel out of it and that is OK with me

Comment

Working...
                              X