Bruun's Titting UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruun's Titting UP

Hmmmm. I don't know if I can do all this memorizing and keep my day job!:H Thanks Is.

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

Isolde;1214427 wrote: Speaking of which, one of the benefits of gelatin is that it helps to soothe and heal the gut!
      Quit pushing your gelatin agenda here! You are clearly in the pocket of Big Jell-O. Anyways, Bruun, Paleo is awesome for the following reasons...

Seriously though, Bruun, you got the major offenders for lectin (grains, dairy, legumes), so I don't know what to tell you for now. Good news is I can power through a couple hours of that podcast on a work day, so as soon as I learn more I'll get back to you. Hope you're having a good Thanksgiving, which is celebrating the day the heroic Pilgrims freed the Native Americans from their horrible dependence on corn, or something.
      Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
      George Santayana

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

Word to the wise: casually mentioning eating coconut oil straight by the spoonful during Thanksgiving dinner will get more bemused laughs than understanding nods. Most people just don't understand...
        George Santayana

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

SlipperyPete;1214772 wrote: Word to the wise: casually mentioning eating coconut oil straight by the spoonful during Thanksgiving dinner will get more bemused laughs than understanding nods. Most people just don't understand...
          :H

I can imagine! My mom was over last night, and she actually is on board with coconut oil. However, she hadn't ever heard of kombucha, so I showed her my gallon jar with the scoby mushroom floating on top, even had her taste some of the batch that I'd just bottled. I don't know if she's sold on it yet, but she was interested on what health benefits it could provide.

And I was talking to my brother about gelatin to help rebuild cartilage, which apparently he had heard of, but I don't think he's going to start taking packets of gelatin every day anytime soon, even though his knees are worse than mine.

You guys think I'm bad here w/the coconut oil pushing? Ha, you should see me at work! I talk about it to anyone who will listen (even though most of them are probably just being polite). I've got coworkers who are trying to lose weight, one who has a thyroid issue, and I say, "You know what's good for that?"

I started taking mine daily again, after my experiment of taking a week off. Turns out, I had really missed having it in my coffee!

Anyway, speaking of work, I should probably get going. I was still in a food coma at 6:30 this morning, so I sent an email real quick saying I'd be in late and went back to sleep. Well, attempted to. Ended up just lying there, damnit. Well, it felt good at least.

Happy Friday all!
          Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
          ~Clutch

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

hey is,
            what's the deal with melatonin? is it good or bad? don't have time to watch just now.
            also, for your knees... do you have access to a pool? a lot of the college and elite runners who have injuries run in the pool with an aqua vest. pool has to be deep enough so you can wear the vest and not touch bottom. great workout actually. you have the resistance of the water but no pounding. boring as hell but builds up the muscles supporting the knees and you get cardio benefits. you can do intervals,sprints, long slow distance,etc. probably on YouTube like everything else.

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

gratitude;1214917 wrote: hey is,
              what's the deal with melatonin? is it good or bad? don't have time to watch just now.
              also, for your knees... do you have access to a pool? a lot of the college and elite runners who have injuries run in the pool with an aqua vest. pool has to be deep enough so you can wear the vest and not touch bottom. great workout actually. you have the resistance of the water but no pounding. boring as hell but builds up the muscles supporting the knees and you get cardio benefits. you can do intervals,sprints, long slow distance,etc. probably on YouTube like everything else.
              Hey Grat, thanks for the tip on the pool. I actually have one in my backyard, but even in South FL, the water temp is already a bit too cool for swimming. Too bad it's not heated! I am doing knee rehab exercises and have begun doing hot yoga. But even yoga I have to be very careful with - a few classes back to back had me back in pain! So I really have to watch my poses and my alignment, etc. I've gotta start leaving my ego at the door when I walk into the studio, which is easier said than done (and which I should have been doing anyway!).

About melatonin and tryptophan. I think that one was a false alarm. The video alludes to both being inflammatory (well, doesn't allude to it, flat out states it). Mostly in association with the amount of muscle meat we eat nowadays, which contains tryptophan, as opposed to the parts of the meat that don't contain any - the bones and connective tissue (ox tail, lamb shanks, short ribs, etc.), which secrete gelatin when cooked for long periods of time. Supposedly gelatin is anti-inflammatory, and balances out the inflammatory aspects of of the tryptophan.
              Doing some research now, I can't find anything that overtly states that tryptophan or melatonin are inflammatory. But having done quite a lot of research about gelatin recently (and bone broths, etc.), I've seen it mentioned a few times that serotonin is inflammatory (of which tryptophan is a precursor). I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think it has anything to do with supplements. And I don't understand how a neurotransmitter can cause inflammation. If I happen to come across something a little more concrete, I'll letcha know. I think I've just shoved way too much information into my brain over the last few days. :H
              Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
              ~Clutch

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

I would like to inform you all that after visiting the supermarket today I am now the proud owner of a coconut

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

Well I'm about 1-3 weeks into my paleo deal, and so far I'm feeling amazing. I'm incredibly focused and feeling great in general. The only downsides are lack of appetite and I was dying during soccer tonight. I've been up for almost 12 hours, and all I've eaten is 3 eggs, an apple, and some peanut butter. Wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't have lifted weights earlier, so I gotta eat some meat. I'm expecting another week or 2 of soccer being hell. It takes up to a month for your body to switch from burning carbs for energy to fat being the fuel source. During halftime my sister was yelling "Get this man a potato!"

Isolde;1215105 wrote: a few classes back to back had me back in pain!You should've went back to take some bac.

spacebebe01;1215126 wrote:
                  I would like to inform you all that after visiting the supermarket today I am now the proud owner of a coconut
                  Well done. Have you named it yet?
                  George Santayana

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

Huuuuuullllllllloooooooooooooooo Bruun! (And others!)

Morning, peeps!
                    Is, I can't imagine knowing a tenth of what you do about all this stuff.
                    I'd name my coconut Bob, Space.
                    Still haven't opened either jar of CO. Must get on that.
                    I don't get the whole paleo thing. (I mean I get it. I just don't get with it.) But I'm glad it's working for you all!
                    I'm going to start yoga (intensively I hope) next week when school is done. I do poses at home and stretch, etc... But want to learn it and practice it as a part of spiritual practice, too. (That whole leaving the ego thing at the door! oy. I feel you. Mine is leaving my insecurity at the door. And what if I fart? :H I did yoga on our honeymoon in a glass room on the ocean, etc...etc... and there was a guy next to me who did not stop farting the whole way through. Rather disconcerting. And he was completely unabashed. I would die. :H It's silly, but come on. Wouldn't you? Natural my fanny. I mean ass. ) (Of course he was probably wondering how he got stuck next to the woman who was sweating out copious amounts of the previous night's booze. Still, I bet I smelled better.)
                    Last note: I sent an email to a friend about exercising a couple of days ago. Weights over cardio, and lots more stuff I've learned from you guys. She keeps hurting herself running and hasn't lost weight. So I sent her this email and then hurt my knee doing yoga. Or something. Hell, at my age it could have just been from getting off the damn couch. whateva...
                    Deadlifts are on today's agenda! I'm writing it here around the campfire to be held accountable.

Bruun and DG, my pup is sick. Really sick. I hate it when she doesn't feel good. I suspect food. I'm praying it's not obstructive. She's pooped since Thanksgiving (when I caught my mom and my grandmother both
                    feeding her stuff she shouldn't have had. Once off of the very cutting board! eeek!) But hasn't pooped in the last 24 hours, we don't think. Cross your fingers, say a prayer will you? And is there anything I can give her to ease it on out?
                    Vet appointment today at 4pm.
                    Good day, everybody!

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

Hi Ne,

She's probably snuck one out when you weren't looking! When you say she's "really sick", what signs or symptoms are you seeing? If she's eating, she's probably alright. If she's not eating, that's not good but would explain lack of poop. My pup got some treats from the kitchen - he always does. In fact, I bought some really cheap turkey legs for him to eat raw this week. He will be so excited, I hope!

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

If it's an obstruction, she'll be vomiting.
                        "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

Thought this was interesting and relevant to this forum. And to me.

I can't stop drinkin [Archive] - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

Bruunhilde;1216788 wrote: Thought this was interesting and relevant to this forum. And to me.

I can't stop drinkin [Archive] - Bodybuilding.com Forums
                            Bruun,
                            Kids! Gosh, we were there so long ago or was it just yesterday? Some humor in this that I hope I am right in getting. Hope you are well my friend.

LL:l
                            The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooo o

Anyone seen or heard from DG?
                              How are you Bruun?
                              I haven't read the article, as I shouldn't be here for the moment. Maybe DG has exams this week, too?

I think the Goose is okay. She's been on liquids for a day, but ate a little today. Thanks for the throw up thing. She hasn't done that.
                              Truth is, I'm stressed. When I'm stressed, well, I worry...about her. Poor d.o.g. She was feeling badly, but it was Thanksgiving. She got a bunch of stuff to eat and lots of stimulation. And she's (ssshhhhh) old. Anyway, I think I jumped to the OMG stage, straight from the boo-boo stage. ya' know? We shall see...

Comment

Bruun's Titting UP

oh. and thanks, too, Bruun about the turkey leg thing. Reminded me that she eats a lot of gross, scary, and indigestible-looking stuff when we're not looking. Her dog-food-diet is people imposed. I wonder if she'd like a raw turkey leg? You give it to him whole?

Comment

Working...
                                X