BACLOFEN DR IN OREGON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BACLOFEN DR IN OREGON

HI , I AM NEW TO THE SITE, LIVE IN PORTLAND, OR. DOES ANY ONE KNOW DR IN THE AREA WHO PRESCRIBES BAC?
    THANK YOU

BACLOFEN DR IN OREGON

Any Luck?

I am also looking for someone who will prescribe baclofen in Oregon. I live in Eugene, but am willing to drive up to Portland. Did you have any luck finding anyone? I am going to start looking myself, so will let you know what I find.

Comment

BACLOFEN DR IN OREGON

Hey! Sorry this seems to have been lost in the shuffle. I can't remember if there are any docs in Oregon, but this thread is a good place to look:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ion-47247.html

There's another forum, too, and I think there's a woman there with a doc in Oregon. I'll check it out and get back to you. (baclofenforum.com.)

There are also ways to introduce it to a doctor, with the research to back it up, if you're inclined to do that.

Finally, there's a doctor in the states who will prescribe and treat you over the phone. If you're interested and still around, let us know.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!
      Ne

Comment

BACLOFEN DR IN OREGON

How to Approach Drs

Hi!

I am still around. Thanks for your reply.

Do you have any suggestions about how to approach doctors with the baclofen research? I think I hesitate to bring it up, as I don't want to be told to "just quit" or use more willpower or something like that. I think a lot of us have the same fears.

If you have it, I would like the name/number of a doctor who prescribes it over the phone in the US. I will try to approach five doctors before I call, but it feels hopeful to at least have one person who will help if all else fails.

It is so exciting to hear from other people who are now indifferent to alcohol. I can only imagine! I am going to take the time to look more deeply into these forums. It just nice not to feel so alone.

Thanks again for your reply. It means the world to me.

:new:

Comment

BACLOFEN DR IN OREGON

Hiya, Recoverynow.

I think the reason your questions are not getting the attention that they so richly deserve is because the doctor thing in this country is a conundrum. A paradox. Annoying at best, confounding at worst.

It helps, I think, if you have a doctor you have a relationship with. I'd start there. If not, I'd probably look to an addiction expert, though these docs are likely to be the most sceptical. Still, in my experience, and I have quite a bit at this point, the primary care physicians are loathe to get involved when they hear words like addiction or alcoholism.

On the first page of the Consolidated Baclofen Information thread you'll find links to some of the major studies that have been done re. high-dose-bac. Printing those out and taking them to a doctor may help. I have heard of others that just told their doctors straight up what they're doing and why with success. For the most part those people had a relationship with their doctor, though.

Lo0p convinced a doctor who was VERY sceptical. He'll be along shortly to tell us how. (ahem, I hope!)

It certainly brought me comfort to enlist the help of the doctor in Chicago. I think you might find the same reassurance? To at least get started...

It might help, too, if you shared who and how you are. It's a bit scary and not at all necessary, but I find this place a wonder for info and support. Thing is you gotta put yourself out just a little bit. Maybe in the Newbies Nest for bac, or any place, really. Murphyx's thread is fun, if you're of a certain age and aren't easily offended. In fact, I take that bac. It's not for the faint of heart.
          Reading almost anywhere, almost anything, will really help you, I think.
          Best to you.
          Hope we get to hear more!
          Hugs,
          Ne

Comment

BACLOFEN DR IN OREGON

I live in Portland too and I have been seeing a MHNP named Theresa Keane. I don't know about Baclofen but you could call her. She knows about TSM and Naltrexone and Campral too. Good luck

Comment

BACLOFEN DR IN OREGON

someone from the site, sent me an email tith a name of doc in portland:

Theresa Keene, mh-np in downtown portland.. they say she is great and precribes bac. I am actually getting my rx from dr L in chicago. He fills me 200 per month which has had me have left overs when i titrate up. Now I am up t o 210 mg & 230 on Friday. I have not hit the switch, though I feel I was close last weekend. good luck to you

Comment

BACLOFEN DR IN OREGON

Updating an old thread- I tried contacting Theresa Keene- after playing voicemail tag, in which she told me she that yes, she prescribes/manages medications and would see me for an appointment, I left her a voicemail in return telling her I'm looking for baclofen for alcoholism, as I've had 4 months sober on the baclofen protocol and would like to continue. From there, no response. Left 2 more voicemails. Yesterday, she called and said she's not taking new patients and didn't have any interest in referring me to anyone, in a rather short and uninterested way.

This is not to say that anyone looking to work with her shouldn't give it a shot, just telling my experience for the record. It's a bummer because I'm back to square one...

Comment

Working...
                X