• Show
Clear All

Questions about baclofen -- for Dr. L. and beyond

Bump. For the newbies. So they know how to do this safely
    This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

shameless bump
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

The dreams are a great SE of Baclofen. And if you look at dream interpretations there is a meaning to have these.
        I personally, then and now can not wait to go back to sleep!
        It is one of my wonderful side effects of Bac.

Just clarifying,

Lady
        The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

I also experienced vivid dreams. They have kind of calmed down now Lady, and I want them to come back. I had a dream that I had the flesh eating bacteria and I was at work packing my own wounds. Sounds like a nightmare I know, but it wasn't bad, just weird! I'm not sure I want to know what that one meant. Then I had this crazy dream about a coworker that was so detailed, I don't know how my mind conjured up the details. The next day I saw him at work and blushed. I was thinking man oh man. :H

Comment

I hesitate to post this, considering Dr L's status here, deserved or not, but I have my doubts about the titration schedule. It's too wishy-washy. I would also break up the doses more.

It probably will work, but so will most dosage schedules, provided they are consistent. It certainly doesn't strike me as the best or easiest way to do this.

Comment

I'm of course am only one patient. I will tell you, he has based the titration schedules on numerous patients (500) to be exact. Is it perfect? Clearly not, as I can't even do the increase of 20mg a week. I do believe that he can help many with his titration schedule, especially those that have no clue. There have been a few people on here who have had trouble with titrating this drug. They are having seizures and withdrawing and god knows what else. To the point it's life or death.

Dr L's tit will not cause life or death side effects. At the worst, it will be a little too much or a little too little. That being said, I know Ameisen went up 20mg every 3 days. There is no way in hell I could do that at this time. My brain and body would lose it. He also wrote a book on himself only, and it's one person's tolerance of baclofen. I totally think he rocks, but I can't base my life on what his physiology can do. Mine can't do it.

Dr L wanted me to drop back down to 30mg as my side effects were severe for a single mom of so many, and my job. I did it today. I am now back in the game. I feel normal again. I know everyone says we have to tolerate SE's to reach our switch. I for one have to be very careful with that. I can't go to sleep for 12-15 hours as others have posted on here. I can never do that. My side effects will need to be minimal so I can function with my kids and patients.

Dr L put forth a mini plan for me. He was very concerned about what I told him, as he should be. My life situation is unique to me. As my physician he needs to look at that and recommend what he can. If I'm not tolerating increasing my dose at the moment, then I'm not. So be it. He did not suggest I should push it further. It is unacceptable for me to be unable to function in my life, period.

So, Bleep that's what I have to say about this. In some respects we are one of the same, in many we are not.

Comment

Bleep,

I agree, and Red I am glad you are back in the game. I decided to to tit every 3 days 10mg or 20mg. I am holding at 60mg since Sunday but plan to tit to 80 tomorrow if I can handle it.
                I will.

Let's get this show to the other side!

Lady
                The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

bleep;1065116 wrote: I hesitate to post this, considering Dr L's status here, deserved or not, but I have my doubts about the titration schedule. It's too wishy-washy. I would also break up the doses more.

It probably will work, but so will most dosage schedules, provided they are consistent. It certainly doesn't strike me as the best or easiest way to do this.
                  Can somebody please start a bac titration thread?

I think I posted this elsewhere, but:

I think a titration thread could be of invaluable use to many many people. It took me months, almost years, to piece together ideas, follow people's experience, and figure out what made sense for me regarding SEs and titration. It would have saved me a lot of time and grief if everyone's different experiences, advice, thoughts, were gathered in one thread.

I would think a non-controversial way to do this would be for everyone to share their own experience with titrations, what worked for them, how it affected the SEs and the time it took, and what their thoughts are about it. Maybe they can post their titration schedules and comment on them along the way, as so many here have done.

It would be great if we could collect all that has been shared here about personal titrations and general thoughts, discussions, and arguments about it. It needn't be considered advice per se, just showing all the different experiences and povs. Also, we could put in Dr. A's original titration, and Dr. L's, for good measure.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

beatle;1065158 wrote: Can somebody please start a bac titration thread?
                    OK, OK. Enough with the nagging already :H:H:H

Gimme an hour or two
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Come to think of it, I think you and Mrs. T could be related :H:H:H
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Red I'm not attacking, I'm just stating that I think it could be better. Saying that, I could come up with a better, more personalised approach than that - if you struggle with increases, why go up by 20mg's all of a sudden, at this point it represents nearly a 70% increase? Go up by 5mg's every two or three days, surely that makes more sense? It also leaves you in a better position to respond if you react unfavourably, as it's only a 25% increase that you are dealing with, not 70%. It makes sense to me, and leaves you with the same dosage at the end of the week.

You'll remember that I suggested titrating down several days ago?

Anyway, I'm glad you are back in the game and feeling good again, I hope your next increase goes smoothly.

Comment

Bleep,

I have to say, I am truly appreciative for all that you respond to, in my posts. You have been without a doubt watching and listening. That makes me feel good. I did go down to 40mg but only lasted one day. I then went down to 30mg, and I felt normal again. Thanks for being there. I know you have your opinions regarding the titration schedule, but either way, I appreciate your thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                          X