Baclofen Theme Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen Theme Song

So I was going to include this in a much more comprehensive post about my baclofen revelations (as I posted over in NE's thread). I've lost some of the fire I had under my butt about writing that (maybe I'll elaborate at some point soon, in any case, I want to write them down for myself!). But after a somewhat uneasy weekend, I was feeling down right manic today. And then I started singing this song in my head and I started feeling like I'd be ok again. It was a reminder to me, maybe it will help someone else too, especially if you've experienced both bac euphoria and bac mania.

It's based on this statment I made a few days ago:
    Isolde;1052637 wrote:
    I do so hope that this energetic, low-anxiety, really appreciating music, desire to talk to and connect with people thing lasts even as I titrate down on bac. I noticed these effects a little bit on lower doses, but they've only REALLY become evident since I started bumping up the dose again. I feel like that the person I've uncovered with bac is the Beth I was always supposed to be. I don't want to lose her!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwvLlEtxX3o[/video]]YouTube - Nine Inch Nails - Only (Dirty)

When I figured out the "real" meaning (real in quotes cuz it's the real meaning to ME), it was on the come down from my first and only acid trip a few years ago. And when I realized that the singer wasn't talking to someone else in the chorus, he was talking to HIMSELF, it all clicked.

"There is no you, there is only me. I just made you up to hurt myself."

And the other day I realized that the anti-social, unenergetic, unauthentic, misanthropic Beth was the one I had made up to hurt myself. I used to alcohol to try and remedy all of those shortcomings. And the one that I've uncovered with bac is the only me that there really is. It's the one that doesn't need alcohol to feel alright, because now, I AM alright.

There's a lot more to the song that speaks to me and alcohol/bac dichotomy than just the chorus, but I'll just leave it at that.

So when I thought about this song in the shower, after an anxiety-ridden and manic morning, I instantly felt better and I remembered what it was all REALLY about.

There's a lot more to this "bac trip" than meets the eye, folks.
    Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
    ~Clutch

Baclofen Theme Song

What a great post Is.

For me, it wasn't a song that bought it all home, it was a feeling, but I know exactly what you are talking about. I still look in the mirror, and wonder who has been looking back at me for the past 15 odd years.

There is indeed more to this!

Comment

Baclofen Theme Song

Isolde;1055171 wrote: There's a lot more to this "bac trip" than meets the eye, folks.
      Oh no shit!

I've got my own bac theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4[/video]]YouTube - Tool - Parabola

Maynard James Keenan wrote:
      In this holy reality, in this holy experience. Choosing to be here in

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
      This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
      All this pain is an illusion.

Twirling round with this familiar parabol.
      Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
      Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing.
      side note: Apparently all of the syllables in each line of this song (and the entire album) correspond to an arrangement of the Fibonacci numbers.
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen Theme Song

Isolde;1055171 wrote: When I figured out the "real" meaning (real in quotes cuz it's the real meaning to ME), it was on the come down from my first and only acid trip a few years ago. And when I realized that the singer wasn't talking to someone else in the chorus, he was talking to HIMSELF, it all clicked.

"There is no you, there is only me. I just made you up to hurt myself."

And the other day I realized that the anti-social, unenergetic, unauthentic, misanthropic Beth was the one I had made up to hurt myself. I used to alcohol to try and remedy all of those shortcomings. And the one that I've uncovered with bac is the only me that there really is. It's the one that doesn't need alcohol to feel alright, because now, I AM alright.

There's a lot more to the song that speaks to me and alcohol/bac dichotomy than just the chorus, but I'll just leave it at that.

So when I thought about this song in the shower, after an anxiety-ridden and manic morning, I instantly felt better and I remembered what it was all REALLY about.

There's a lot more to this "bac trip" than meets the eye, folks.
        WOW, Is! What a heavy post! And yet, such a positive one. :h I really like your comparison of the "real me" to the alcoholic one. I feel you're on to something there. The people on here who are more knowledgeable about brain chemistry (Lo0p, i-want-to-be-sober, terryk, otter, etc.) would be able to give more advice about bac influencing the amagmata, the GabaB receptor, etc. But I do agree that there is a lot to what you're saying. :l

Comment

Baclofen Theme Song

Lo0p;1055425 wrote: Oh no shit!

I've got my own bac theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4[/video]]YouTube - Tool - Parabola

side note: Apparently all of the syllables in each line of this song (and the entire album) correspond to an arrangement of the Fibonacci numbers.
          No way Lo0p, Tool is my favorite band! Parabola is a GREAT song, the whole Lateralus album is really awesome. It eventually trumped Undertow as my favorite.

Another great bac theme song from that album is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDlC7oG_2W4[/video]]YouTube - Tool - Lateralus
          That's been my theme song for some really pivotal points in my life. It's all about evolving as a human being -

Maynard James Keenan wrote:

I embrace my desire to,
          I embrace my desire to,
          Feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside & weep like a widow
          To feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty,
          To bathe in the fountain,
          To swing on the spiral,
          To swing on the spiral,
          To swing on the spiral of our divinity & still be a human.
          That song gives me chills in such a good way!

That is really cool about the Fibonacci numbers, I can't believe I'd never heard that about the album. I'm definitely going to have to put that on my list of things to google.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
          ~Clutch

Comment

Baclofen Theme Song

Love this thread. Thanks, Is. I hope you all will keep contributing to it!

Comment

Baclofen Theme Song

Isolde;1056043 wrote: No way Lo0p, Tool is my favorite band! Parabola is a GREAT song, the whole Lateralus album is really awesome. It eventually trumped Undertow as my favorite.

Another great bac theme song from that album is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDlC7oG_2W4[/video]]YouTube - Tool - Lateralus
              That's been my theme song for some really pivotal points in my life. It's all about evolving as a human being -

That song gives me chills in such a good way!

That is really cool about the Fibonacci numbers, I can't believe I'd never heard that about the album. I'm definitely going to have to put that on my list of things to google.
              Are you single? How's South Florida this time of year? :happyheart:
              sigpic

A Forum
              Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen Theme Song

Lo0p;1057738 wrote: Are you single? How's South Florida this time of year? :happyheart:
                As it turns out I am single, and enjoying it, so nothing serious, ok? South Florida isn't bad right now, assuming you don't mind mid 70s and sunny! :rays: Hop a flight, you can show me that new workout routine in person!

Turns out that Tool and bac are just a natural fit together. Was listening to the album on the way home from work yesterday (with the windows down!) and found yet another relevant song:

The Patient wrote:

If there were no rewards to reap,
                No loving embrace to see me through
                This tedious path I've chosen here
                I certainly would've walked away by now.

I'm gonna wait it out

If there were no desire to heal
                The damaged and broken met along

I still may. And I still may.
                Be patient.

I must keep reminding myself of this...

If there were no rewards to reap,
                No loving embrace to see me through
                This tedious path I've chosen here,
                And I still may. And I still may. And I still may.

I'm gonna wait it out.
                I'm gonna wait it out.
                Gonna wait it out.
                Gonna wait it out.
                The rewards to reap are obviously freedom from AL and everything that brings with it.
                The loving embrace that sees us through is each other! Everyone here helping each other out at MWO. And some of the more pleasant bac SEs.
                .. well, I think that goes without saying. It's more tedious for some than others, of course.

For all of those still on that tedious path - "Gonna wait it out... "

~Clutch

Comment

Baclofen Theme Song

Just listened to it again. This time with the lyrics in front of me. Had a lil' mini orgasm! :H I don't know if it's a disability of mine or what but I can only pick out like 5-15% of the lyrics of any artists music unless they're EXTREMELY obvious and enunciated very clearly. All I ever here is the music (the tonality, melody, inflection and texture) of their voices. And his voice...you know what I'm talking about.

I could get lost in any song of his for months, picking apart the different layers, listening to them separately then all together. Add lyrics in and I'm mindfucked for a good while. Have to stop playing them sometimes because I can't handle it. Other times I need to hear "that song" just one more time right now. I don't even know all their names. I pick new favorites all the time, and then revisit old ones.

I could talk about it forever. I've got my gym routine optimized right now so when I hit my make or break set of heavies he says: "It's time now, My time now, Give me my, Give me my wings." From wings for marie II

Fortunately for me, he somewhat recently said "we'll be making music together until one of us is dead."
                  sigpic

A Forum
                  Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen Theme Song

Lo0p;1058383 wrote: Just listened to it again. This time with the lyrics in front of me. Had a lil' mini orgasm! :H I don't know if it's a disability of mine or what but I can only pick out like 5-15% of the lyrics of any artists music unless they're EXTREMELY obvious and enunciated very clearly. All I ever here is the music (the tonality, melody, inflection and texture) of their voices. And his voice...you know what I'm talking about.
                    I think you must be the male version of me. I am exactly the same way. And yes, I know exactly what you mean about his voice.

Lo0p;1058383 wrote:
                    I could get lost in any song of his for months, picking apart the different layers, listening to them separately then all together. Add lyrics in and I'm mindfucked for a good while. Have to stop playing them sometimes because I can't handle it. Other times I need to hear "that song" just one more time right now. I don't even know all their names. I pick new favorites all the time, and then revisit old ones.
                    Yup!!
                    "Mention this to me. Mention something, mention anything. Mention this to me, and watch the weather change."
                    Always gets me.

Lo0p;1058383 wrote:
                    I could talk about it forever.
                    You and me both!

Lo0p;1058383 wrote:

I've got my gym routine optimized right now so when I hit my make or break set of heavies he says: "It's time now, My time now, Give me my, Give me my wings." From wings for marie II
                    Awesome!!

Lo0p;1058383 wrote:

Fortunately for me, he somewhat recently said "we'll be making music together until one of us is dead."
                    VERY happy to hear that!!
                    Are you also A Perfect Circle fan?

~Clutch

Comment

Baclofen Theme Song

Yup. Something about the way he says "a sexual being..."

run, desire, run
                      a sexual being
                      run him like a blade
                      to and through the heart, no conscience
                      one motive: cater to the hollow

screaming feed me here
                      fill me up again
                      temporarily pacify this hunger that's so cruel

libido throw
                      dominoes of indiscretions down
                      falling all around in cycles, in circles
                      constantly consuming, conquering, devour.

'cause its time to bring the fire down
                      throttle all this indiscretion
                      long enough to edify
                      and permanently fill this hollow

screaming feed me here
                      fill me up again
                      temporarily pacifying
                      feed me here
                      fill me up again
                      temporarily pacifying
                      I know a guy isn't supposed to make me feel that way but...damn

Isolde wrote: Yup!!
                      "Mention this to me. Mention something, mention anything. Mention this to me, and watch the weather change."
                      Always gets me.
                      I pick lines and they are my favorites forever. Sometimes I listen to a whole song just for one line and when it comes...oh. I'll try to refrain from the sexual innuendos (I don't know why cause that's the way it is for me) and just call those moments cathartic. But then I pick new lines, forget about some and then go back to old ones. :egad: It's all just too much for me sometimes.
                      sigpic

A Forum
                      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen Theme Song

I swear some of the people at my gym must think I'm a freak. I'll literally sit there, leaning up against the barbell with my eyes closed for 3 1/2 minutes just having a religious experience recovering between sets sometimes, with Maynard whispering sweet nothings in my ears :H
                        sigpic

A Forum
                        Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen Theme Song

Oooh, The Hollow was my theme song for awhile, I was living it. It was a helluva lot of fun for awhile, but by the time that phase ended, I intimately understood what trying to fill the hollow space was really all about (and that kind of took on a sexual undertone that I really wasn't going for! :H). You're still left with emptiness in the end.

I know what you mean about listening to a whole song waiting for the one favorite line (or lines).

Another thing I wait for is the moment that Parabol ends and Parabola starts. Parabola by itself is a great song, but the lead in of Parabol elevates it to the nth degree.

Another great moment (APC) is the beginning of Vanishing, as he's saying "Disappear. Disappear." the second time around and the drums are accentuating it. That one is special, because that's what I was hearing as I walking into the concert arena one of the times I saw them. It was pouring rain, and thundering and lightning. The arena was completely open, I got soaked, and it was one of the best concerts of my life.

~Clutch

Comment

Baclofen Theme Song

Okay I'm gonna go get Undertow and plop it on my droid. I haven't actually listened to it yet :blush: except of course "Sober"

Why can't we not be sober?
                            I just want to start this over
                            Why can't we sleep forever?
                            I just want to start this over
                            I'm excited for myself!!! I usually call Aenima my favorite...usually.
                            sigpic

A Forum
                            Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen Theme Song

Hell, that song could have easily been my pre-bac theme song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hglVqACd1C8[/video]]YouTube - Tool - Sober [hq - fullscreen]

There's a shadow just behind me,
                              shrouding every step I take,
                              making every promise empty,
                              pointing every finger at me.
                              Waiting like a stalking viper
                              who upon the finger rests.
                              Murder now the path is must we
                              just because the son has come.

Jesus, won't you fucking whistle
                              something but the past and done? (x2)

I just want to start this over.
                              Why can't we dream forever?
                              I just want to start things over.

I am just a worthless liar.
                              I am just an imbecile.
                              I will only complicate you.
                              Trust in me and fall as well.
                              I will find a center in you.
                              I will chew it up and leave,
                              I will work to elevate you
                              just enough to bring you down.

Mother Mary won't you whisper
                              something but the past and done. (x2)

I Just want to start this over.
                              Why can't we sleep forever?
                              I Just want to start things over.

I am just a worthless liar.
                              I am just an imbecile.
                              I will only complicate you.
                              Trust in me and fall as well.
                              I will find a center in you.
                              I will chew it up and leave.

Trust me. Trust me. Trust me. Trust me. Trust Me.

I Just want to start things over.
                              Why can't we sleep forever? [This line used to haunt me, in my darkest days]
                              I Just want to start this over.

I want what I want.
                              I want what I want.
                              I want what I want.
                              I want what I want.
                              sigpic

A Forum