Safety of Baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety of Baclofen

I have existing some heart issues and was wondering if Baclofen is safe for people on blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride meds.
    I know Dr. A is a cardiologist so I'm thinking it probably is safe, but I didn't know if anyone knew definitively? I just got his book and I'm very excited to read it and hopefully it will help me too. Thanks for the help everyone!

Safety of Baclofen

Hi there, welcome.

It's generally a very safe drug, but with specific, pre-existing conditions, I'm not sure. It would be wise to schedule a call with Dr L, if that is feasible? I do know that some people are already on BP meds here, so perhaps they will chime in shortly. Baclofen is supposed to lower BP, so I would think it's ok, but that's only a guess from a layman, and so worse than useless

Comment

Safety of Baclofen

I think Sunny had BP issues due to bac, so search her posts. I have BP issues as do others, so keep posting and you'll eventaually get updates on this... welcome!

Comment

Safety of Baclofen

Bleep, see what happens when I don't edit?!

Comment

Safety of Baclofen

I only spotted it because you drew attention to it!

Comment

Safety of Baclofen

Most on here say Baclofen is a "safe" drug.

Comment

Safety of Baclofen

bleep;1055405 wrote: Hi there, welcome.

It's generally a very safe drug, but with specific, pre-existing conditions, I'm not sure. It would be wise to schedule a call with Dr L, if that is feasible? I do know that some people are already on BP meds here, so perhaps they will chime in shortly. Baclofen is supposed to lower BP, so I would think it's ok, but that's only a guess from a layman, and so worse than useless
              Thanks bleep!

I'm sorry, I'm new here: who is Dr. L and how do we contact him?
              Thanks again!

Comment

Safety of Baclofen

I had slightly high bp, which I treat with metoprolol. I've only been on bac for five days, but I haven't had any problems so far. My bp is unchanged.

Comment

Safety of Baclofen

I also have high BP. If anything, the bac helped to lower it.

There are no interactions with cholesterol meds though, so keep on taking those statins without a worry.
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Safety of Baclofen

Nico;1057352 wrote: Thanks bleep!

Thanks again!
                    I believe someone has already sent you the details, if not let me know...

Comment

Safety of Baclofen

Nico;1057352 wrote: Thanks bleep!

Thanks again!
                      I believe someone has already sent you the details, if not let me know...

Comment

Safety of Baclofen

Apparently not. I am sending them to him now.

edit: sent them.
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Safety of Baclofen

Nico, I have bumped a number of general and specific information threads to the top. This is a high-paced forum, so they will move down quickly. Might be a good idea to print them out.

Also wanted to mention that on some of the threads, as the thread moves on, the posts start to deteriorate into personal quipping, sometimes humourous, sometime nasty. So I suggest you concentrate on the first posts in the threads.
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Safety of Baclofen

thanks everybody. thanks beatle for the info, great stuff!

Comment

Safety of Baclofen

I'm very excited for you Nico! You're meeting Dr. L in person?
                              I love the book. Hope you can get as much from it as I feel like I did.

Good luck!
                              Ne

Comment

Working...
                              X