Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help - desperate. Baclofen?

Hi
    I have come over from the TSM site - having started naltrexone 3 weeks ago, things have spiralled to a whole new low. I am a chronic alcohol binger and cocaine user. my life goes from a fw days AF to one drink....which leads to 1000 and to cocaine 90% of the time. This is despite best intentions of course.....I am 33 and absolutely petrifued. I have done rehab. I have done meetings. I have relapsed cronically whether i am trying abstinence or not. I just cannot stay sober for any decent length of time(apart from rehab where i managed a paltry 4 months after i came out...) I was so excited that naltroxene might be the answer for me. I have been advised tho that bac may be better. I defo suffer bad anxiety in certain social situations, I clam up, feel uncomfortable, just feel boring and stiff. drink and drugs opens me right up, makes me feel 'alive, fun, cool(all that nonsense....). Unfort this is too overwhelming and alluring i guess and the addict wins every time, despite the fact i know the consequences are so so so despairing. I am having suicidal thoughts and i am really losing hope as to what my strategy should be....i know that i am on my last life, my body will simply not take this for more than another year or two. My liver is already very strained not surprisingly.
    anyway - please advise re bac- it sounds as if it is helpful for the anxiety suffer and can help reduce cravings. Interestingly, I am able to drink perfectly normally in some environments but the bender is always lurking.....
    I am terrified and wd really appreciate some advise
    Many Thanks
    Charlie
    I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Hi Charlie

I'm not a doctor, but you sound like a perfect match for Baclofen. As you're in London, I think it's pretty unlikely you'll have access to a GP willing to prescribe high dose Baclofen, so you'll need to get it on line. I order from 4rx and their expedited service is very quick and you can be sure the baclofen is genuine.

Spend some time reading the threads here. When we suffer from addiction and are trying to find a way out, it can seem so hopeless. We're all going through/have gone through what you are now, so no need to assume your case is special. Baclofen will help you too.
    :welcome:

Murph

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

I think I saw a you tube link once on Bac and cocaine users.
      Hang on will try to find it
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byain0Vo5mo[/video]]YouTube - Baclofen dramatically reduces cocaine craving

Comment

I was cured by baclofen too. A long time ago now. My doctor, Dr. Levin apparently now uses it to treat cocaine and heroin addiction as well.

If I recall correctly the first time Olivier Ameisen got wind of it was a New York Times article about an MS patient. He was treated with baclofen for spasticity and then apparently just couldn't be bothered to get up off the couch and go score some coke! Someone correct me if I am wrong.

This video is about baclofen and cocaine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byain0Vo5mo[/video]]YouTube - Baclofen dramatically reduces cocaine craving

When the UK'ers come around, they can tell you more about options than I can.

edit: oo00ps! Dammit starts! I mean, thanks! :H
          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
          :what?:
          sigpic
          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
          A Forum
          Trolls need not apply

Comment

:H:H:H You;re welcome

Comment

many thanks

thanks so much guys
              that has really lifted my mood and given me aanother grain of hope to hang on to....
              any UK'ers, please advise a good place to order it from and any info on doses etc wd be great
              Have a good day, cheers
              I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Comment

Charlie. Anon is in the UK, drop her a pm, she will help you x

Comment

cool

hey many thanks, i will do that now
                  thanks for that video too....man, do i know that 'go' moment....excited about Baclofen, seems like it at least gives you a bloody chance as that moment is only ever spottable in hindsight! which is not alot of use ! Guess i leave the Naltrexone or maybe do both!? Anyway, many thanks

Comment

Charlieboy;1059381 wrote: thanks so much guys
                    that has really lifted my mood and given me aanother grain of hope to hang on to....
                    any UK'ers, please advise a good place to order it from and any info on doses etc wd be great
                    Have a good day, cheers
                    Helllloooooooooo! :H

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

:welcome: to the meds threads, Charlie

We look forward to seeing you post more once you've calmed down, placed your order, read up about bac some more and have your plan in place

As far as your question about Nal and bac combined is concerned: Lo0p went that route, but if I recall correctly the bac made him indifferent to AL before the approach could be fully put to the test.
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

cheers tip...yeah, i know....i'm a bit bonkers at the mo after the last couple days....
                        Anwyay, will be placing order in next day or two, just defining where to get it from etc
                        doing lots of reading to work out dosages etc
                        Just read through Murphy X story...amazing how quickly it happened. I get the impression this stuff is much more potent/faster acting than Nal.
                        anyway, cheers, looking fwd to getting stuck in....to the bac

Comment

Hi, Charlie!
                          Otter is also in the UK. I'll contact him and ask him to contact you.
                          so glad you made it over here.
                          Hopefully someone will be along very soon to point you to some of the threads that are a good place to start reading/learning about high-dose-baclofen treatment.
                          I can't stick around, but please know that we were all very, very scared at one point. And I personally was paranoid and angry and oh, so hopeful and worried about admitting it.
                          But I found love and support and guidance and so much more here. So I'm sending some of that love and support your way, today.
                          Glad you made it here!
                          Welcome!
                          Karen/Ne

Comment

You sound a better match for baclofen than anything you'll find on russianbrides.com

Lo0p, you're right, as I recall - the original discovery of the bac-craving-reduction thing was a paraplegic crack addict who reported reduced cravings because of his baclofen consumption.

Order from an online pharmacy, Murphy can help you, your adventure can begin in a couple of days. In the meantime, as Murph says, get some reassurance from some of the other threads here - people who have been in your boat, and who are now living normal lives.

Good luck Charlie, our thoughts are with you.

Comment

Thanks Bleep Have written to Murphy who seems a cool guy so looking fwd to starting the journey.
                              Hoping its normal to be scared shitless of the prospect of stoppping drinking...even despite the hell it brings me, I still romanticise it (eeeek) anyway, seems from the stories i read thats not too uncommon and people just literally lose the desire to involve themselves in it. am hopeful
                              Cheers for all the support today, much appreciated
                              C

Comment

Working...
                              X