Please help - desperate. Baclofen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the weirdest, strangest thing I have ever stumbled across. It's not so much the thought of never drinking again, which to me was terrifying, suddenly your thoughts do a 180, and you wonder why you drank in the first place. I'm not going to try explain it, it's been done in other places, and frankly, it's beyond understanding, until it happens to you, then it's the simplest thing in the world.

And it will happen to you, that's the other weird and strange thing. Just take the pills, and wait. It's amazing. You will look back on your old posts and wonder who wrote them.

Comment

Charlie, you've got mail. Check your PMs.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

haha! Bleep - just one more quick q- with the sinclair method(naltrexone) they actually encourage you to drink while you take it or else 'it doesnt work'. They actually say drink 'as you normally would'....which i actually think is pretty damn dangerous considring it can take 6-12 months to work if at all.
        With Bac - should i try my best to stay AF(i usually get to max of ten or so days before i get the 'go' momnent and suddenly i am on another binge) or am i meant to attempt controlled drinking?! (which is what they suggest with nal) If successful on it, can one choose to have a drink in a social setting?! (i get the impression tho that one wd not even really want to but keeping up appearnces and not having to answer 'you don't drink' etc etc wd be kinda nice) I read that Dr Amnesin drinks socially but 'can take it or leave it' with no problem at all.
        Anyway, cheers bleep.
        I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Comment

Charlie, what I've found, and bear in mind I'm looking at a short time period here, is this:

Drinking while taking baclofen makes no difference to the outcome. What it does affect is the quality of the ride. The ride is going to be a roller-coaster, the likes of which you cannot imagine (enjoyable, for the most part), but not drinking allows you to put brakes on on some of the more severe corners.

I wouldn't bother to try and change your drinking habits, unless you find it comes naturally, which, surprisingly, it will. You'll probably find the next binge you "try" and go on will fizzle out, and it will seem like it was the natural course of events.

Saying that, if you can not drink, then by all means go with it - going AF allows the baclofen a chance to work its magic a little quicker and more painlessly, I think. Be warned - I got the hangover of a lifetime after just starting baclofen and drinking as normal. Looking back, it was baclofen SE's, and not a hangover, but my living, it was an unpleasant day!

Either way, don't stress. This shit works.

Brace yourself, your life will change shortly.

Comment

Hi and congratulations on deciding to go for Bac. Your life will soon change forever when you hit the switch as they call it on here. Exactly when people do this is wide and varied. Personally, I felt it when I took the first 5 mg tab and only went up to 20 mgs spread out in 5 mgs. Still on this dose and can see myself staying on 20 mgs daily forever really as I love my new found anxiety free life and the feeling of being happy in my own skin. Worth you having a read of as many threads and post that you can so that you can see how people have experienced the switch at varying doses. The very best of luck and let us know when you get there! Ogel.

Comment

cheers!

Thanks man, Murphy just wrote me a great e-mail too so cheers guys, been most helpful. Just placed an order at United Pharmacies UK for 10x10mg packets and 10x25mg packets Lioresal and will be following the dosage as prepared by Dr Levin that Murph sent me.
              Wicked. Ordered express delivery....wanna get cracking!
              I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Comment

Ahhh I am really pleased for you Charlieboy. You sounded so hopeless this morning, now so hopefull!!
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

cheers!

thanks for your help man - yeah, defo a different mindset than this morn, cheers all....i guess i needed this bender to get here, all part of the journey and all that Cheers

Comment

Charlie, Bleep is spot on re the drinking on bac thing. I said the same thing in my last PM to you, but was longer winded and more confused.:H Listen to Bleep, he talks sense and was a huge inspiration to me when I started on this ride.

Comment

Just a quick heads-up regarding quantities of baclofen:

You might as well place your next order now - once this thing gets started, you won't believe how quickly you start going through baclofen; I just held a huge handful, and realised it's only a month's supply... Admittedly, my dose is high, but regardless, you plough through it in no time at all...

Thanks Murph, good to hear.

Comment

cool

Cheers Bleep...yes, Murph advised the same so will do that. Just spent ?180 on 17 x packets of the 10mg(they only had 10mg) which is arriving in 5-7 days...
                        I aim to follow Dr Levin's suggested plan as posted by the Redhead and advised by Murph. Gonna take a well needed week AF and then start on the regime.....good to feel reasonably again today, you chaps all got me through a rough one yesterday so cheers to that anyway, i can see the positives now....i never wd have ended up on the BAC thing otherwise and after all the readong i done yesterday and what you giys have said, this really does seem the real deal. Exciting. Cheers

Comment

:goodjob:
                          :happy:
                          :yougo:

Sorry, emoticons are what I have in me right now!

Yay, you!
                          K/Ne

Comment

Good man Charlie!

Comment

Good stuff indeed - let us know when it arrives. The adventure begins...

Comment

yep

Will do! Cheers all! x

Comment

Working...
                                X