Contact Dr. Ameisen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact Dr. Ameisen

I would like to issue a call to arms, forgive the arrogance that implies.

I know that Dr. Ameisen pays attention to what happens here on the meds threads of My Way Out.
    I know that he is very, very busy. But he has taken the time to respond to some of us here when we contacted him via private message or through his website. The link is in my signature.

I know that he recently spoke to 200 people in Zurich at the invitation from someone who found indifference in 9 days.

I think it's fair to say that he could reach that many or more here on My Way Out.

If you have taken baclofen I hope you'll send him a private message or an email through his website.
    If you are considering taking baclofen, and you have a question, he may answer you if you send him a private message or an email.
    If you have taken baclofen and it didn't work for you, he may also be interested in those anecdotes.
    If someone you love is suffering from this disease, I hope you'll contact him. He may be able to help.
    If you have already done so, I would humbly ask that you do it again. It will keep those of us on mywayout.org on his mind.

Please send this message to people who are no longer active on the forum if you know how to contact them. I hope you'll agree that it's important.

Contact Dr. Ameisen

Hi neva,

I have already contacted him a couple of times, and received a response. While I think it's a good idea, and it would be fantastic if he suddenly started interacting here on the forum, is this what you are trying to accomplish?

Will contact him again, but won't we just annoy the man if we suddenly start flooding his inbox?

Comment

Contact Dr. Ameisen

neva eva;1060649 wrote:

Please send this message to people who are no longer active on the forum if you know how to contact them. I hope you'll agree that it's important.

Karen/Ne
      krileyd at gmail.com
      Karen he's mentioned a french message forum that he likes.

Spamming him is not the way to get his attention, sorry neva.

Comment

Contact Dr. Ameisen

Your point is taken. In one of the emails I received from him recently I got the distinct (and accurate) impression that he is disheartened by the lack of communication from mywayout-ers and the lack of public acknowledgement for his discovery in this forum.

I would like him to know that we respect him, that we feel that we could benefit from his support and vice versa.

Make no mistake. This is a public plea. If we don't respond he will think that we are unimportant.

And there is a GREAT DEAL OF POWER in social media. He knows that and is paying attention. Help me help him, please.

Comment

Contact Dr. Ameisen

His name on here is Dr Olivier Ameisen.
          If you click on the link in my signature at the bottom of this post it will take you to his website and the contact me button there.
          Better if it comes from here, though.

Comment

Contact Dr. Ameisen

I sent him a PM to let him know he saved my life. I think it's important I tell him.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Contact Dr. Ameisen

I think it is important he knows he is appreciated, yet I am not sure he would be happy if his inbox is spammed all the time. Perhaps we should ask him first if he prefers recognition via posts on the forum, or direct messages?

Comment

Contact Dr. Ameisen

I've heard from several others that they've contacted him as well. Yay! Let's share the love.

Not spam, in my opinion, because it is his life's mission to help people like us.
                But if you'd like to contact him or if you want me to, I think that's a good idea. I did share with him that there are many of us that feel that we owe him our lives and that he might check his private messages. I haven't heard back from him, but that's not unusual.
                What do you think?

Comment

Contact Dr. Ameisen

I clicked on the link that NE provided. I read that research in 2011 will take place in Holland (yes, my homeland) at the University of Amsterdam by a dutch professor. I send a pretty long email to the professor and requested more information about the research. The research will take place by guidance of OA. I also mentioned MWO (well, this forum) and wrote him how important the forum has been to me (it has) and that desperate people are longing to see some light in the darkness.

I hope he'll answer me. And if he does, I'll post the info immediately. By the way, he's pretty much a hotshot when it comes down to addiction and stuff. So, have faith in dutch wisdom, and maybe children of the next generation won't have to suffer from this disease like we did/do.

For now, just take the pills.

So Ne, the link was very welcome.
                  x Low

Comment

Contact Dr. Ameisen

I'm not questioning, but do we know that the Dr A log-in is the Dr himself?Someone on this forum did express concern that it wasn't him.

Look forward to something to confirm it is him.

Comment

Contact Dr. Ameisen

That was me that suggested it wasn't him. Then I got an email from his personal email account confirming that it was, indeed, him. I did retract/delete all of the misinformation I posted on that thread with an explanation. I'll post it here shortly.
                      It's smart to be wary. This is completely anonymous. No names or personal information needed. Obviously, I've thrown caution to the wind. I'm not terribly afraid of the repercussions and am prepared to pay the consequences of my actions.
                      That said, I am able to do it. If you're not, be very, very anonymous here.
                      Sending Dr. Ameisen a private message does not jeopardize that anonymity.

Low, leave it to the Dutch, then! Extremely practical, unlikely to buy into anything on a whim, money saving, healthy, thin people that you are!
                      :applaud:
                      And you, my friend, are among the best of them. Thanks for making my week!
                      Hope he returns your email. Download Shawshank Redemption and pay special attention to the scenes about the library books.
                      Love you.

Comment

Contact Dr. Ameisen

I wasn't aware of your post Neva, it was someone else who asked me directly and I just wondered as a result.

Comment

Contact Dr. Ameisen

No worries! It's important to bring these discussions to light!

Comment

Contact Dr. Ameisen

ok ne,
                            I contacted Dr. Amiesen. asked some ?'s and invited him by MWO to say hello to his supporters.
                            then read some of the info on his website bout how no one should take BAC without supervision. aha, no wonder he doesn't come by here I thought to myself. a bunch of rebels that self medicate from online pharmacies. probably wouldn't look good if he were to show up here. I know... I'm a little slow sometimes.

Comment

Contact Dr. Ameisen

gratitude;1061078 wrote: ok ne,
                              I contacted Dr. Amiesen. asked some ?'s and invited him by MWO to say hello to his supporters.
                              then read some of the info on his website bout how no one should take BAC without supervision. aha, no wonder he doesn't come by here I thought to myself. a bunch of rebels that self medicate from online pharmacies. probably wouldn't look good if he were to show up here. I know... I'm a little slow sometimes.
                              This was something I thought of too. Two situations;

He is a Dr who is governed by a professional body, and to be seen to be associated with those self-medicating from online pharmacies would be wrong - could invite questions from the French version of the BMC. The other issue I thought about was that if he is charging for consultations, then he's hardly going to post online, or reply directly to pms especially if he thinks they might lead to accusations of the above or people trying to get 'freebies'. No matter how nice he is he's hardly going to shoot himself in the foot, professionally or otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X