Update from Dab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update from Dab

Sorry to all for my prolonged absence. I was on a bender for a bit, and then suddenly woke up and realized that 60 mg of Bac per day gave me the CHOICE to drink or not. So over the past few weeks I have made the choice to NOT...quite successfully. Now, I'm at my "maintenance" dosage of 30 mg per day, which has continued to enable me to drink moderately. I haven't felt so well in years and years. So my story is a bit different that others here. I will elaborate more about it soon. Just wanted to check in and say hi and again thank you all for your wonderful support.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Dab

KOKO my friends! "Keep On Keeping On" your Baclofen journey.
    :h

Update from Dab

Ho Dabs. Good to see you back.

Look forward to your revelations soon
    Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

Update from Dab

Sounds awesome Dab!
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Update from Dab

Good to hear. What luck to find success at such a low dose!

Comment

Update from Dab

DABS! Glad you're back! I was worried about you! :l

Comment

Update from Dab

Great update Dab and thanks reappearing. Yes, please do provide more info or you progress! There may be something to using a low dose of Bac with a dash of good old-fashioned willpower thrown in. Not right for everyone, but it may work for others. For me the Bac drastically reduced cravings in the first few weeks. I cut my AL by 65% with little effort. I have not hit indifference, but man what a difference!
            Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Update from Dab

Thanks Dab, that's great to hear! For some of us, high dosage may not be an option (unknown just yet here), so this is very good news.

Comment

Working...
              X