Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check in for the daily bac ride!

Morning!

NE, the run was....hmmm. It was OK. That weird "snore" thing (definitely a bac SE) kept bothering me. You know that valve (?) where the nasal passages connect to the throat? Some muscle back there is a little too relaxed, and I kept making that snoring sound while I was running. It was terribly annoying. I had to switch to mouth breathing, etc.

I'd say more but I have to run to work!

Comment

Good morning from/for me! I actually slept in!! Had a killer workout last night. My diet is going great. Things are lookin' up!
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Yes, Sere. The snoring thing/valve thing in the throat is annoying. I actually wonder if that's what causes some of us to feel as though we can't breathe when we're sleeping. Like sleep apnea or something? I can't get a good run in either. But I have other excuses, and they're just as lame as they always were.

I'm sleeping like a baby, too, lo0p. On 260mg/day! ha.

More newbie advice:
        you can search the threads a couple of different ways. If you're following a particular person you can use advanced search and put that person's user name in the box and select 'find all posts' or 'find all threads'.

If you're looking for a particular topic, I would suggest still using the advanced search and narrow it down as much as possible. For instance, putting in 'side effects' will lead you to a gazillion different posts. Putting in "baclofen side effects" and selecting the thread option instead of the post option will lead you to threads started with that particular subject. That is a GREAT way to find various thoughts going bac to the dawn of bac on MWO.

At one point Tiptronic_Ct found the first bac entry. It was in 2006. Someone asked if anyone had heard of bac and it got ZERO responses! :H

What a lonely journey this can be. I hope you all are pm-ing the hell out of one another. It helps to have a bac-buddy. Especially one you can flirt with, if that's your bent!

:h K/Ne

This is one of my theme songs for this journey, but is also dedicated to my special friend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOY6IeQS6KA[/video]]YouTube - Nelly Furtado - Try
        sorry for the digression. It's kind of a lame song, but rings true. All we can do is try, people. (I'm SUCH a cheeseball. I know it.)

Comment

Good morning! Well, scratch that. Good morning. I'll save the exclamation point until after I've had my coffee.

Ne/Neva Eva;1064833 wrote: At one point Tiptronic_Ct found the first bac entry. It was in 2006. Someone asked if anyone had heard of bac and it got ZERO responses! :H
          Close to what you'll get when you ask about baclofen over at the SoberRelapsery forums.
          sigpic

A Forum
          Trolls need not apply

Comment

I'm still doing well w/my quick titration down. I'm finally getting bac into the levels where I'm starting to sleep really well again, yay!! It's been steadily getting better, but last night was the first night of really good sleep (w/out having to take anything) in a long time. I really needed it too, because I've been fighting off a cold for the last few days.
            Today's my 2nd day on 90mgs, then I drop down to the maintenance dose of 80 that I'd been banking on for so long. Nothing is set in stone though, I might continue to fluctuate up or down depending on how things go.

Ne/Neva Eva;1064833 wrote:
            Yes, Sere. The snoring thing/valve thing in the throat is annoying. I actually wonder if that's what causes some of us to feel as though we can't breathe when we're sleeping. Like sleep apnea or something? I can't get a good run in either. But I have other excuses, and they're just as lame as they always were.
            I only got this SE for a short period while titrating up. As I kept increasing, it went away and hasn't come back with titrating down either. It used to keep me from falling asleep sometimes though. Just as I would drift off, I would get a feeling of not being able to breathe freely and it freaked me out a bit, enough to make me hesitant to let myself start falling back asleep again.

Overall, I'm in a great place right now with bac. SEs have greatly decreased, but I'm still completely and utterly indifferent, not at all like how I felt after I initially switched and started titrating down. The positive SEs (good sleep, decreased anxiety, energy and optimism) are still hanging around though. I hope it's not too delicate of a balance to maintain!
            Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
            ~Clutch

Comment

:hallo:

I thought I'd have a bounce in
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Last night I went to zero bac, because I was taking cold meds - I got the bac cold and this time, it's worse than usual, or maybe it's because I'm sober and really living it. Arg.

Comment

I also slept, I mean really slept, for like 5 straight hours last night!

Okay I gotta go fix my car now...
                  sigpic

A Forum
                  Trolls need not apply

Comment

Shit, I hope you are okay Bruun.

Keep us in the loop...

Comment

Hey bleepsters,

I'm sick with the chest cold but I'm not hungover or having bac SEs, so how bad can that be? Thanks for your concern, if I compare today to last Tuesday (SO SICK from AL), I'm in another world and much less pain despite the chest cold. I'm just afraid to mix the cold med (I take 1/4 of the usual dose due to my BP) with the bac which I'm using along with L-Glut, and xanax, to keep me from drinking. I am starting day 6 today, a first in say 20 years? So thanks for being such a sweetie, too bad you're married. Say hi to Mrs Bleep. :H

Comment

Lo0p;1064863 wrote: ...

Close to what you'll get when you ask about baclofen over at the SoberRelapsery forums.
                        Jesus, you aren't kidding lo0p. I just went there and posted a short synopsis of my story. It wasn't extravagant or outlandish, but the post got pulled 30 seconds after I posted it. I can't be bothered to go back and make it stick.

Unreal. They don't want to be helped.

Comment

That's sheer insanity!

Comment

I spent a good part of last evening trying to write a haiku for tigger. Seriously. Did you know that haikus have rules that go on for as long as the Japanese empire has been in existence? Forget the 5/7/5 syllables thing, there has to be seasonal symbolism, a juxtaposition, and so much more. My brain is still reeling. All I wanted to do was squeeze the warm fuzzy bouncy one from the other side of the planet. Prose will have to do, so consider yourself hugged, tigger.

Bruun, reevaluating, taking a step bac while keeping your eyes firmly on the goal is to be commended.

I am bereft that the newbies are not playing over here, since this thread is for them first and foremost. I was going to call you out by name, but I think I'll resort to relentless pm-ing! :H
                            xo, my friends.
                            Karen/Ne

Comment

I want a haiku neva.

Or a limerick will do.

Comment

Working...
                              X