Daily dosing record - beatle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beattle-if you google baclofen hallucinations then quite a bit comes up. I saw it listed amongst these stories of patients who had side effects to po Baclofen. Sorry I cant give you advice. Just to let you know other people in the world have had them too on Baclofen.Baclofen Side Effects
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Beatle, I understand not being able to stop. How much are you drinking? Can you cut it down a bit somehow, a little at a time. I promise myself to drink a glass of water every other drink, and I sometimes can reduce my drinking that way.

"outfool foolproof" very good!

Hang in there, chiquita.

Comment

ignominious;1081754 wrote: OK last post until I hear something that is relevant to the matter in hand.
        Hope we are ok here now.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

bleep;1081920 wrote: Wow, succinct update, thanks beatle!

I've found my somnolence is much worse later in the afternoon, when baclofen has built up in my system. It is directly related to the amount of sleep I have had the night before. Who would have thought? A nap in the afternoon, which unfortunately is not always practical, helps tremendously.

Something to bear in mind when adjusting your dose for driving, and this took me a while to work out, is that it takes about 4 hours for the baclofen to hit your system. It feels like it's quicker, but that's the previous dose hitting you.

The sinking into the bed sounds quite cool, it makes me think of that scene in Trainspotting where the guy OD's on heroin.

You seem to be well on top of your dose at the moment, well done. Success will surely be yours if you can continue like this.
          Thank you Bleep...

Your advice is gold-worth.

For the one: You previously said that it is better to keep moving than to lie down... I instinctively know this, but have not been able to apply this to these specific situations. I think it will help to remember your advice next time... keep on moving.

About driving... I don't believe the 4-hour rule is an apply-all standard. I notice the high points (or low points) an hour after dosing. I have been monitoring this. It is how it is with me. I have also read that the half-life of any medication is very individual- related.

As for sleep, that is the main conclusion I have come to about these crazy OD-like experiences. They always followed periods of extreme sleep deprivation. Not necessarily related to alcohol intake. I'm guilty of constantly making conclusions based on correlation (although I constantly advise against it).

Yeah, the sinking into bed is a little cool. Weird, but cool.

Thanks for your input and support!
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Agreed - the nap is first prize. If it's not practical, and you need to be awake, movement is essential. I find it absolutely impossible to stay awake sitting at my desk, no matter what I'm working on. If it wasn't so irritating, it would be quite funny.

Try lying down at 4 o'clock, you may be surprised. It surprised me, I have never been a day sleeper.

Comment

coalfire;1081922 wrote: Beattle-if you google baclofen hallucinations then quite a bit comes up. I saw it listed amongst these stories of patients who had side effects to po Baclofen. Sorry I cant give you advice. Just to let you know other people in the world have had them too on Baclofen.Baclofen Side Effects
              Thank you for that link, coal.

A little scary though...

I saw this one come up many times:

Baclofen dosage: unknown. Patient died.

But notably, it seems that most of the cases were at low-dose baclofen therapies. Or really low dose.

Also, lots of patients being treated with multiple medications:

During the same period patient was treated with ASPIRIN, LISINOPRIL AND HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE, SULINDAC, VARDENAFIL, GLYBURIDE AND METFORMIN, PRAZOSIN, BUPROPION.

Anyway, it was welcome and interesting reading. Thank you!

Comment

Yes.I am on low dose Baclofen myself so was rather hoping that the other medications were the main contributing factor in their deaths. This article made me gulp a little too. We on MWO operate on the basis that Baclofen is a safe drug and its only withdrawal we have to worry about. I thought that only 6 people had died and they were on a pump and went into withdrawal...but obviously not.Do you think Im wrong to talk about this?I was going to put it in the side effects page because strictly it belongs there but something held me back. Im worried that someone might be desperate and that this might put them off. What do you think?
                I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

Comment

Bruunhilde;1081934 wrote: Beatle, I understand not being able to stop. How much are you drinking? Can you cut it down a bit somehow, a little at a time. I promise myself to drink a glass of water every other drink, and I sometimes can reduce my drinking that way.

"outfool foolproof" very good!

Hang in there, chiquita.
                  Hi Bruun and thank you for the support.

I'm not drinking very much (for me... ha ha). That means 3-6 units/day. Which, in beatlese, roughly translated, means (for example): 3 beers plus 2 vodka drinks, or 2 beers plus 1 cider, plus 1 vodka drink or, well, the combination possibilities are overwhelming.

Water is definitely a good idea, though.

Comment

Hi Girl!

Someone posted on Zenstyle's old thread from 2009. You were on there then. Have you been taking back since 2009, trying to hit the switch, or have you been going off and on, all this time? Just wondering dear beatle.
                    This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

coalfire;1082010 wrote: Yes.I am on low dose Baclofen myself so was rather hoping that the other medications were the main contributing factor in their deaths. This article made me gulp a little too. We on MWO operate on the basis that Baclofen is a safe drug and its only withdrawal we have to worry about. I thought that only 6 people had died and they were on a pump and went into withdrawal...but obviously not.Do you think Im wrong to talk about this?I was going to put it in the side effects page because strictly it belongs there but something held me back. Im worried that someone might be desperate and that this might put them off. What do you think?
                      I think it is fine to post this here. Maybe not such a good idea in the SE thread? Too scary and it takes reading with a fine-toothed comb and a good grain of background.

I don't think it calls into question baclofen as used here on this forum, though. Very little evidence of long-term or circumstantial higher evels.

Comment

Yeah. I will leave it alone.People are worried enough.

Comment

redhead77;1082023 wrote: Hi Girl!

Someone posted on Zenstyle's old thread from 2009. You were on there then. Have you been taking back since 2009, trying to hit the switch, or have you been going off and on, all this time? Just wondering dear beatle.
                          I've been on baclofen since end-July 2009, erratically, but never dangerously (I never increased or decreased a dose radically).

Comment

:lalala:

Thanks for the info Coal, what mg are you taking? How low? I'm doing 25-35 most days.

Did NOT like seeing the bit on deaths for low dose bac. Maybe we need to up it or off it? How could that be? It's impossible to blame bac when the people obviously have other health issues and RX going on.

But not nice to consider the possibilities - so I won't. The media here pulls a sort of "story slanting" all the time, creating conclusions where none belong, isolating causes in a vacuum in order to make a politically motivated point. Whether it's against HCG or baclofen or the current administration. I don't think we can isolate baclofen here.

Comment

We're cool Beats - High five.

Now I can wade in with some pseudo science curtesy of, 5 minites ex-alcoholic Guru Ig!

I agree that the time taken for a dose to hit you varies from person to person, I most definately get a response to a dose some 20 minutes after ingestion nowadays.

I've got 3 kids, 4 if you include my wife (hope she never reads this!) and they can be demanding. Luckily I don't have work related deadlines to meet or even have to go to work if I choose. My understanding is that you do a lot of work from home and are probably self employed. I would have been in big trouble when I was nearing my switch if I had been required to turn up at 9 am every day bright and breezy! I would suggest giving yourself as much space as possible concerning your work, clear appointments and important decisions for the next couple of weeks and concentrate on hitting your switch. Bac certainly did/does nothing to enhance my working capacity.

Lest I forget ...... Coalfire .... put the information out there. IMO the only thing you can do wrong is to set yourself up as the the Baclofen Information Censor. By all means encourage people to post and ask questions if they are put off by the information. You might point out that, it is only for informational purposes and that personally you decided it was worth the risk and decided to go the Bac route anyway.

Now for my main attempt at pseudo science. I do believe that much of the increased SEs are due to the death throws of the 'demon alcoholism'. Your mind is brainstorming, You have new Bac induced thoughts and possibilities.

"Shall I go this route?"
                              "No. I know the drinking way well."
                              "There's a chance on this new AF path."
                              "But then what happens if your greatest fears are realised?"
                              "Better the devil you know."
                              "I want this, though."
                              "You've never been successful at it before, if you stop drinking and then relapse that will be you're last hope gone"
                              etcetera. etc. etc.

I warned you, psycho babble but do you get my point?

This emotional and mental stress is what causes the SEs. They are indeed psychosomatic. The SEs are, to a large extent, an indication that Bac is doing its thing. In my 'post switch' experience I often get some of the unpleasant SEs coming to haunt me. They usually occur when I am dealing with a new reality, or when I get bad news, generally when my head is prcessing a lot of information. This also explains why the gamut of SEs is so variable and different for each individual.

The SEs are can be incredible, I think they can take any one by surprise. I believe it helps a lot when you talk about them to others. You are not alone. I had a lot of experience in mind altering drugs from my past so could relate them to something I was familiar with. Talking with a Doctor about them would be very comforting and maybe why Dr L's patients experience less of them.

I'm leaning towards 'increase the dose'. Make the new path to the frontal lobes easier to travel. You won't have such a hard time in your skull. Get it over with. The debate will carry on without of the annoying point of view, 'does this stuff really work?'

Good luck and if you'd like to quieten the activity in another's head then please post here more often!
                              Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

Hi Ig. I'm glad we are cool now.

And thank you for your advice about side effects.

One thing I think you and other men may have not thought of when admonishing men and women alike to get over the SEs, is that women might react differently to baclofen than men, based on their different physiologies. I rant about this on the thread about Dr. Ameisen and side effects:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...cts-48883.html

Comment

Working...
                                X