Daily dosing record - beatle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milk Thistle. It is the only supplement that has been clinically proven to repair the liver, protect it, and some claim even reverse cirrhosis.

I've been taking it for about 10 years, and I'm convinced it is why my liver is not yet a shriveled non-functioning organ with a gun to my body demanding a replacement, with the alternative being death.

(Then again, it could just be my genetics. Who knows?)

I am not plugging any brand, bt I can tell you that the MWO MT is one of the strongest I have found, and combines it with other herbs that act synergistically with the MT.

However, I have found similar products occasionally in local stores. Just seem to be much more expensive. Not really sure, as I haven't ordered from MWO in ages. Their shipping costs put me off. (I get free just about everywhere else with large orders.)

And there's also the gelatin thing. Really eewww.

Seems like a lot of MWO products are now vegcaps, so maybe the new MT is also? I'll have to check it out.

Final advice: Take MT and avoid gelatin.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I just wrote this (below) in a private chat to another MWO member and realized this is the kind of thing I should be sharing here, instead of just with one or two other bac cohorts. (Not that this is a new concept)

Ok, here was my end of the chat:

Still reading the bac threads, though. Getting lots of inspiration.
      Feeling like since I have been at 285 for three days, and the SEs are a little better than last time, taking the 305 plunge today. First time over 300. That was not exactly the plan (I did have one to increase more slowly) but since I'm so actively busy now, not able to doze off at the computer, maybe this is a good time?
      Drinking incredible amounts though.
      All day.
      Not even feeling drunk, though.
      Takes the edge off the panicky feeling nonetheless. And that is what I need.
      Ok, back to panic (manic) mode.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Bill.P.;1117233 wrote:
        I wonder at some point in research combining the xanax with the baclofen would help the BRE-MACRO subset. But thats off into the future
        I wonder if I am one of those. The 5% bac-resistant subset.
        It's looking more and more like I am.

(yes, I posted this on Bill P.'s thread as well.)

Comment

I'd really want Bill to substantiate that figure before I gave it any form of credence. There haven't been any long term studies of baclofen, and that's the only place a figure like this could have come from. Home research doesn't count for shit. People should be very careful about posting authoritatively without quoting their source. In the same way, people shouldn't believe everything they read.

And I posted a form of this on Bill's thread as well.

On the baclofen front - good luck with your increase! Let's hope the SE's are tolerable this time. Have you given more thought to dropping the supplements?

Comment

beatle;1117302 wrote: I wonder if I am one of those. The 5% bac-resistant subset.
            It's looking more and more like I am.
            Nope. That's not it.
            It's just not. You are the first to point out that the methods you employed in the beginning (meaning for months, right?) were not the ones that we're all tending to follow now, in terms of dosing and titration.

And you've got an incredibly full plate. And a propensity toward full blown anxiety. (just my take, sorry to call you out on that! ) AND you've been on VERY HDB for quite some time, which makes it really difficult to function, frankly. AND you have terrible SEs (which I did, too.)

I would politely suggest that it you're not doing anything wrong. That you are having a rougher-than-usual-go, and that's unfortunate. But that if you stay the course and keep taking the pills and do it with forethought and planning, you'll find indifference. (I would bac up the decision to lay off everything else as well, just in case. And use some xanax, in moderation. Meaning moderate for the rest of us. .125 is EXTREMELY moderate, you know? :H)

Hang in, sister. You're drinking is lower than ever, you're dealing with life. It sounds to me that you're doing better in general. You're close, beatle. Very close. no more fear and doubt. What'd bleep say?

xxoooooooo
            Ne

Comment

Lo0p;1117060 wrote: +1 for giving it a shot and just dropping them all.
              But dammit, would you please start TSM already?
              :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
              :what?:
              sigpic
              Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
              A Forum
              Trolls need not apply

Comment

Lo0p;1117408 wrote: But dammit, would you please start TSM already?
                As usual, he makes a very good suggestion, our friend Lo0p. That and/or xanax. I think xanax.

Up, up and away!

Comment

From another thread

bleep;1117306 wrote: Hi Bill,

Some interesting stuff here, thanks. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind?

May I ask what research you are basing your conclusions on? Specifically the 5% baclofen resistant subset. As I understand it, those sort of results and conclusions could only come from a large scale study.

As I understand it, baclofen is the only agent that acts on GABA-b specifically, so how will supplementing it with Xanax help? Or are you suggesting this as an alternative after people reach indifference?
                  Very good questions, Bleep. The kind that would normally pop into my head, if it was not muddled with and mired in the idea that there are actually 5% bac resistant people -- and it would make sense that I was one.

This was, of course, similar to having a cannonball placed carefully on my chest (making the irrational part of my brain gain enormous ground over the usually scientific, or just logical, part of my brain, which is ever critical (fat too critical many have said), and looking for explanations and inconsistencies).

However, I should mention that when Bill P. threw the xanax idea out there, I took it to mean that the 5% bac-resistant group could be helped with concomitant xanax dosing, which in turn would explain Dr. L.'s stance on xanax, which has proved rather puzzling to many of us on here. So I also took Bill P.'s comments to offer hope. Perhaps under the guidance of Dr. L, there is something to this, and this is the way (maybe the only way) I can achieve indifference, and frankly, any way that gets me there is ok by me. (Although one does have to be wary, and introducing a highly addictive benzo into an alcoholic's brain sounds pretty nutty and goes against all intuition... and logic)

So, I will wait to hear more of this discussion, get some facts and sources so I can do my own research and reach my own conclusions (I never believe anyone else, anyway)

Thanks for bringing those questions up, bleep. Pulled me back to ground level. (Not ground zero).

Comment

I've been thinking about this for a good long while. I will need to come back to it at another time, though, as am rushed today. But thanks for the prodding. Much appreciated. Now you have set yourself up for a ceaseless brain-picking assault by me Sigh. You asked for it.

Comment

Now there's an idea.

Beatle: have you ever tried Naltrexone (non-TSM)?
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

yeah, I'll get back to that.

Comment

Beatle. You over think everything. I think you should recklessly throw yourself into everyone's hands, and to hell with the consequences.

Start with Loop.

If that doesn't work, I'll try.

If that doesn't work, Lo0p and I will take acid and get drunk, and come up with a titration schedule for you. That will work, I'm sure. If it doesn't, it will be fun. For who, I'm not sure, but it's bound to work.

I'm not trying to be funny - I think the normal route is not working, we need to go somewhere else.

Comment

ok, but YOU (and many others) have been urging me to cut out, or temporarily eliminate, factors that may be clouding the already rorschach-like picture that is my baclofen profile thus far. Even my psyches have been saying this. (I was also writing a post about my latest psychodocter encounter, but I don't know what happened to it.:upset

(btw, I wrote this post once, oh so much more articulately, and precisely, but my forehead's affinity to the keyboard grows exponentially with my baclofen dosage. In other words FUCK! Me, who was about to write a pedantic post to Rud about copying and pasting her posts into Word documents to save them before something happened)

So all I?m saying is, doesn?t it make more sense to keep on the bac as the mainstay, since I?ve come this far, instead of grabbing at straws, risking smearing the ink?

But I?m open-minded and highly impressionable and persuadable (right at this juncture).

All opinions respectfully requested (required).

Comment

must go to bed... psychodoctor post coming later. I think.

Comment

hmmmm.
                                First things first. If your head is hitting the keyboard then it should be hitting the pillow. Sleep when you're tired. Period. There is not a post or an anything that should keep you up when it's time to sleep.

If you keep getting suggestions, and continue weighing all of the possibilities in your head, you will keep spinning your wheels. That's human. Unavoidable. You, beatle, have all of the information you need to make a decision. You'll have to make one and stick with it long enough to find out if it's the right one. That means following direction, too, ftr. If Dr. L says take .25 of valium 2x/day then do just that. If you go the Nal route and decide to try TSM, take it one hour before you drink. Period. If you take it non-TSM, take it everyday, day in and day out (or whatever.)

You'll have to trust yourself, and the people that you trust, enough to take the next step. There is not an "OR else" attached to that. We're here. Bac is here. All of the other options are here. None of it is going anywhere.

However. Get some sleep. Please for the love of . SLEEP dammit.
                                K

Comment

Working...
                                X