Daily dosing record - beatle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missyabby1;1124629 wrote: Dear Murph, I didn't think I was being obnoxious or nasty questioning beatles quest with baclofen. I do find it offensivethat both you and ne have brought up the fact that i have been drinking.................its almost like the judgement of AA. Ne has sent the most caring messages to me privately. This is just a most obnoxious double entendre ever. I don't know if Baclfofen works Murph. //full stop...don't know if it works on a long term basis......and anyone who says so is kidding themselves. I hope it does, I really do. But the thing that really shits me off the most is people like you who seem to just go along on one road. I just could not get over the fact that Ne said I say totally outrageous things when I have been drinking (then send me a totally different private message the same day). I just can't get over the total bullshit. I got a real shock reading your message. What do you want? I don't really care whether Baclofen, Naltrexone,Campral or whatever works to keep people sober but, shit,I get angry when people say one way is the only way. So yes Murph, I have been drinking but yes I feel I am far more honest then you and your Mrs Murph, who is really a figment of your imagination. God there is so no loyalty here apart from ""bac takers""

Go to sleeeeeeep..... :bedtime:
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

missyabby1;1124557 wrote: God, Reggie, I totally disagree. Beatle has been on bac for how long? Wouldn;t you think that any sane intelligent person would just call it quits and try something else? I tried Campral for three months, now i am going to give naltrexone a go. You know, commen sense approach /pro active stuff. Sorry Beatle, but you really are , either, stupid, which, i know you aren;t, or you are just not for real in your wish to be sober.

Either way, you give ME, no hope to try Baclofen at all. Yes, I have been drinking tonight, but yes I have a prescription for naltrexone tomorrow which I will give my best shot.

Missy
      I don't think you have read my whole thread, missy, nor numerous other posts I have made on other threads about baclofen.

I don't have time to go back and find the post or posts to link you to (including on this very thread), where I said that despite not finding indifference (yet), baclofen has improved my life immensely and I will never ever stop taking it if just to continue this life that is so much better than pre-bac and is worth the SEs.

How is my life better? I have said this many times:

Since I started bac,

?I have never drunk until blackout
      ?I have never ruined a family function
      ?I have never had to tell my kids to walk to school because I was worried my blood alcohol would be too high to legally drive
      ?I have never acted stupidly at a party and regretted it the next day
      ?I have never embarrassed my husband or kids by drinking too much in front of other people

And

I HAVE:

?Become more structured (as necessitated by following a baclofen titration)
      ?Started eating again (which I didn't do pre-bac)
      ?Had time to do many of the things I used to be too drunk to do
      ?Saved a shitload of money (here where I live, vodka costs $40/bottle -- imagine what halving my intake has saved over the past 22 months)
      ?Improved my self-image and self confidence (perhaps the most important)

Why would I call it quits? Any sane intelligent person would keep on keeping on.

And any sane intelligent person would give bac a try if they really, truly wanted to get out from under the thumb of alcohol. Or maybe, as you said to me: "you are just not for real in your wish to be sober."?
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

missyabby1;1124584 wrote: Ne, that was a pretty viscious post.
        As opposed to your kind and considerate post to me?
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Where's bleep???

Comment

Indeed. Very worrisome.

Comment

oh yeah, I have some more to say about all the recent posting, but I'm waiting a bit until others post in between so it's not just me, me, me.

Comment

Hi, I'm just filling in the gap.

Carry on.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Me, too.

lalalallalala lalallaal lalalala

That was a little ditty I made up just to pass the time.

Comment

Ne/Neva Eva;1124714 wrote: Me, too.

lalalallalala lalallaal lalalala

That was a little ditty I made up just to pass the time.
                    It's really catchy. I'd love to know how it ends.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

I was wondering where the Bleepster was too. I haven't been on for two days, so I thought he might have gone on another trip, to check out wild animals.
                      This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

wha? Did a post go missing here (murph)?

I prefer 3-post gaps. I was all ready to respond; now I don't know what to do.

Comment

Actually, I wasn't after filler. I was kind of hoping somebody would respond to my post.

Of course, I didn't respond to anyone else's posts (except missy's) – so fair enough.

First of all, Reg:

Do me (and us all) a favour and stay and play. Please. And keep contributing your subtle but serious advice. And encouragement. I'm taking it seriously (in my head, that is) and plan to put my money where my mouth is (or something like that): I plan to stop talking the talk and drinking the drink (in my head).

The song: well. it made my day, days so far. Maybe my life.

Go look on Ne's thread and I explain it more there.

I'll respond to other posters here after I get back from the gym. (Just to prove I am capable of doing something other than reading/posting on MWO in the course of a day. I am a very
                          busy person, despite appearances to the contrary.)

Comment

hmm, not very happy about this lack of engagement.

ftr, 325mg for 4th night (minus one night of 250 or 300)

Comment

Hi Beatle, long time! It's great to see activity on your thread again, whatever the reason!

I went back a couple of pages, but was unable to see what dose you are currently on? Seeing your list of positive changes is encouraging to see, and is easy to lose sight of in the quest for indifference.

As you say, it is difficult to imagine why an alcoholic would not try baclofen. It is for this reason that I stay out of other forums, even this ones general section. It is too frustrating for me, to have what I consider to be the answer, and watch people not jump on it. Still, I have learnt that it is only my opinion. And it is only one answer.

Comment

Bah - sorry. I was pages back when I responded, without realising I wasn't at the end of the thread.

Great to see you above 300! How are you finding it?

Please forgive the lack of massive depth in my posts, I am trying to catch up - it appears to have been a hugely busy couple of days!

Comment

Working...
                                X