Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily dosing record - beatle

What dose are you on currently beatle?

Good post Ig! I think beatle years are the same as dog years.

Comment

ignominious;1070339 wrote: Beatle you are giving ambiguous information. I really would urge you to be more specific so that we can give you the best information we have available pertaining to your situation. As usual, its good to see that you appear to be on track and that hidden beneath your hard exterior there is humor lurking.

Again I ask you for detailed information to complete my analysis.

Slightly confused

Ig
      Ig, I don't think I have ever given ambiguous information, certainly not intentionally, but perhaps it seems that way. (Or perhaps I have.)

What I certainly have done is not responded appropriately to your very appropriate and caring advice and persistent and caring inquiries. I was in the middle of composing a post to respond to them when this post from you came in. I am/have been so moved by your concern and I am ashamed for my flippant attitude towards your concern (and humor).

Note also your previous posts, to which I never answered:

ignominious;1070023 wrote: How are the cravings and what dose are you on today?
      ignominious;1069407 wrote:

On 02-28 you told us your dose was 255mg. Where are you at today?
      !
      ignominious;1068496 wrote:
      Are you imminently about to increase your dose?
      I think there were others I didn't answer, as well.

I am extremely thankful for your concern and advice, I really mean this. Not just sayin'.

I will answer your questions:

I went up to 270 today, from 245-255 the last few days. I've had some hard days in there due to my stupidity as regards keeping track of dosing... and from paranoia -- this despite having a "foolproof" system in hand. I quite obviously don't even make the grade for fool requirements

I also had a bad night last night ... actually only one night in the last 4 that was ok. I should have come on here and reported it, at least the next day.
      :egad: Edit:I did not mess up last night with dosing and recording.

If it happens again tonight, I will report it.

I should mention that although where I live is is GMT +1, I am currently in New York, which is GMT - 1, I believe. EDIT: GMT ?5 (not 1).

SEs: lightning shocks and jerky hands way down today. Balance still iffy. Hallucination last night. Disconcerting, but humouros in retrospect.

That's all for now. Must sleep.Thank you all.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Beatle,

Lurking and hoping you hit the switch soon. I am proud of you for sticking with this.

Have a good sleep.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ignominious;1070339 wrote:
          Specifically I would like to point out that:

Adult Drugstore beetles live for 18 days. The species name sounds appropriate but I doubt you are more than 9000 years old.
          Some accounts of the Splendour beetle would put you at nearly 2 years old. I hope your computer has the appropriate filters turned on.

Ig
          I don't know what a "Drugstore beetle" means.

And I wrote "beatle years", which I previously explained as similar to dog years, which would mean 1 dog year = 7 human years. Hence the 280 ? which, btw, was an inaccurate estimation, arrived at by doing the calculation in my head (and we all know that is in lala land.) Real number should be over 300.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Thank you Cindi! (relieved to hear you are still "visiting".)

Comment

Adult Drugstore beetle is just a species of beetle, beatle. I think.

Comment

Certainly an odd name. Is it a species that originated in an Adult Drugstore? And I don't know even know what an Adult Drugstore is. I have a feeling I'm putting myself out for a tar and feathering. Really am thick ... hard for my bac brain to make the leap from a beetle species to apothecary. Or vice-versa.

Comment

It's called the drugstore beetle. The adult form being an adult drugstore beetle - as near as I can tell.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

I want one for a pet. I would call him Stanley, and we would have great adventures together.

Comment

bleep;1070624 wrote: I want one for a pet. I would call him Stanley, and we would have great adventures together.
                      Why am I hearing the voice of Hugo The Abominable Snowman?

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Beatle. I was fairly screaming for a reply wasn't I. I'm not a girl and I'm not gay, just for the record. Just a run of the mill guy getting in touch with his emotions. Thanks for hearing. Anyway you have gone some way to calming my hysteria with the news that you are forging ahead.

Many times I myself struggled to remember how many pills I had taken. Putting 5 pills out on the counter while I brewed my coffee. Sipping my steaming coffee and wondering had I swallowed them or had I merely planned to put the pills out to take with my coffee became a regular morning conundrum to mull over!

Great about the 270. Are you AF still? I'm not going near the beetle, dog, human, maths thing! It is a name of a species and adult defines the stage of life vs egg, larva, pupae. I'm looking for a life 'humor teacher' so folks know when to nod sagely and when to laugh.
                        Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

It's a beetle.

Oooh! or...

:nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                          :what?:
                          sigpic
                          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                          A Forum
                          Trolls need not apply

Comment

I just want to say, since you are all here, that I DO NOT have a crucifixion complex. Quite the contrary...I am actually BEING crucified...more of that later.

Anyway, one must always look on the bright side of life. The view is good.
                            BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

beatle;1070312 wrote: I think I'm about 290 years old (in beatle years).
                              So it's settled! You ARE 29 (in human years) like the rest of us!

Cinders;1070360 wrote:
                              Beatle,

Lurking and hoping you hit the switch soon. I am proud of you for sticking with this.

Have a good sleep.

Love,
                              Cindi
                              Cindi, it's awesome to see you.

I often read about the befuddling (is that a word??) moments that you folks taking bac sometimes have. I often have those moments too - i.e. did I already take my supplements (or whatever)? Did I just think about it or actually do it? I don't take any meds other than for thyroid.... I can only assume I killed too many brain cells back when. I wonder - does this ever improve?

Hope you are having a good day Beatle. Are you having fun in NY?

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm generally a bit befuddled by life

Ig
                                Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

Working...
                                X