My Bac Journey started today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard not to rush it, Charlie. I agree with bleep, yet again.
    That said, if you've got the ability to allow you to bring you to your knees for a day, you can be a little more aggressive, I think.
    I remember when bleep was cruising along up, up and away. Then suddenly, it seemed like it was in the course of a day, he was, well, NOT cruising. So beware. Forethought and planning are your friends in this. And forethought and planning are often not our strong suit, so at least shoot for moderation. Also not our strong suit, I'm guessing.
    Karen/Ne

Comment

Day 3
      6 x 5mg throughout day - 10 am, 12, 3, 6, 8, 10 (approx)
      No SE's to report
      AF Day
      All good
      Cheers
      I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Comment

Day 4
        6 x 5mg throughout day - 30 mg
        No SE's to report
        Mood - Content
        Action - Home, cooking supper, watching Goodfellas
        Cravings - Very mild desire to have a beer or a glass of wine while cooking dinner but passed very quickly, just wasn't fussed
        Anyways, got a date tmw, dinner and cinema. Assuming I will most likely have a drink or two at dinner and then we'll see how things pan out next week once i have put the stuff in the system......that's gonna be the test.
        Lets see how it plays out.......
        Will prob go up to 40 mg tmw. Planning to rise 10 mg every 3rd day, may even go up faster - all depends on SE's i guess.
        Thanks, good evening all
        C
        I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Comment

It's all looking good Charlie. By going faster do you mean increasing more frequently than every 3 days or by more than the present 10mg increase?

Have fun on the date.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

ta

ha Cheers Murph!
            Well, so far i have done 20mg for two days, 30mg for 2 days and plan to hit 40mg tmw for 2 days and then up to 50mg on Tuesday for a couple days etc etc .....
            That seems pretty gentle-ish and sensible to me....
            Plus, am taking it in 5mg hits throughout the day at regular intervals which I wd imagine reduces the chances of nutty SE's. Anyway pal, its all a big experiment quite frankly and will be learning as I go. As I mentioned in last post, the next week/ten days will be far more revealing as historically speaking, thats when 99% of the time i end up going on a way OTT bender..........right now, I am having no trouble at all staying AF but i have strung together a week or 10 days AF many times before without too much trouble. Its what happens when I start drinking again thats the key. Often i'll get a night, maybe two, maybe even three....'grace nights' where i kinda drink normal and keep it real. But, as DR A said in some interview somehere, i guess all thats doing is 'starting the cycle' and BOOM, at some point it goes frickin Loco. Needless to say, I have had very limited sucess staying sober for longer than 10 days at a time.....so there;s the pattern.
            Gotta say tho, since i started on the BAC,am defo feeling content, sleeping well(fantastically vivid, cool dreams.....)and feeling good about all this....it may way too early and a bit whatever to say this, but I do feel like there is a happy vibe in my brain that i havn't felt for quite a while...maybe just a general excitement and hope as i begin this adventure.....
            Anyways, long fC*kin story short(gotta throw in a f*ck, just been watching goodfellas for two and a half hours haha) gonna react accordingly and my titration rate will be influenced by how things pan out....not gonna deny that my goal in an ideal world would be to 'drink normally' (by which i mean, i can stop when i want to stop, have a glass of wine here, a pint there, have a good piss up if i want here and there ......) So let's see!
            Cool, Night
            C

Comment

Hey Charlie,

Maybe when you get to 80 / 90mg's, stick there for 4 or 5 days, let the baclofen seep into your head and do its stuff. The temptation is definitely to just go up though, but a small pause will mean nothing in the long run, and may help avoid a couple of nasty surprises.

While you probably can expect to see a difference in your upcoming bender, don't be alarmed if you don't - it's early days yet.

I reckon you will though.

Comment

cool

Nice one Bleep - yes, exactly, its early days
                Good advice re 80/90 mg's....thats a good plan, cheers
                Have a good one
                C

Comment

Hey, Charlie.
                  Good stuff you've got going on there. Glad you're thinking ahead.

I think people are still responding to your original post over in 'just starting out' or 'need help'. Might be nice if you drop them a line and let them know you're okay! (If you haven't already. come to think of it, it's been a couple of days since I checked in over there.)

Yay, you!
                  :ls
                  K/Ne

Comment

Thanks

Hey Neva Eva
                    Thanks for the heads up - have posted on that thread to thank em and let em know I am ok!
                    Have a good one
                    Cheers
                    C

Comment

Day 5
                      8 x 5mg throughout day = 40mg
                      Mood -content
                      Action - Date, Dinner, Movie(The Fighter)
                      Booze - 2 cocktails and a glass of red at dinner, two glasses of red after movie
                      Thoughts- enjoyed a few drinks. A small voice told me it was a good idea after that second glass of wine after the cinema to head on out, hit a club, get on it etc etc.....but I thought, nah....its Sunday, I got a load of shit to do tmw, had a good time, I'm off home(solo unfortunately [she's not that kinda girl!])
                      So, all good
                      Cheers
                      C

p.s The Fighter is superb. Classic slice of american cinema. Bale is a f*ckin genius.....lookin fwd to waking up tomoro to find him and Firth waving a couple of golden statuettes..

Comment

Cool to hear Charlie - a nice easy, steady introduction to the wonderful world of baclofen.

Keep it up!

Comment

Charlieboy;1067314 wrote: I'm off home(solo unfortunately [she's not that kinda girl!])
                          Dump her now, life's too short! J/K :H

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

haha

Silly girl eh Murph, she may have just blown her big chance....

Comment

Day 6
                              8x5mg = 40mg throughout day
                              Mood - Content Very mild hangover after last night but no worse than a normal hangover after a similar consumption i.e no worse as a result of the BAC. anyway, very mild and a full productive day.
                              Action this eve - Cooked dinner for family. Had a bloody Mary and a couple beers and that was it. Felt like a drink around 7 ish but just got to a point where I didn't wanna drink anymore.......
                              Got a gig tmw, historically get caught up in the 'rock and roll' spirit as soon as I come off stage(ie totally over do it, get way too smashed, party like Keith Richards circa 1974 etc etc) so lets see how that pans out.
                              Just to say - Enjoying this adventure enormously. I feel good and its exciting
                              Night, Cheers
                              C

Comment

ps gonna go up to 50 mg tmw and will most likely take it 5x10 mg tablets.....as taking 10 tablets of 5mg throughout day can get a bit confusing !
                                Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X