Clear All

My Bac Journey started today

mornin

Day 7
    5x10mg = 50 mg
    No noticeable SE's
    Mood - Content, confident
    Action - Gig
    Booze - Definitely enjoyed myself WAsn't counting but put away the beers and had a good time, bed late(5 ish) up chatting with a mate from another band. But not a classic Charlie bender by any means. Felt in CONTROL of my drinking! i had choice over what i drank, i drank steadily and enjoyably throughout the night. Sure, i was certainly merry but nothing wrong with that! Didn't take drugs. Can remember everything crystal clear. Come about 4am, a temptation came over to get naughty - to take the night on. BUT it wasn't all consuming - I resisted and went to bed.
    All in all, a success. I drank more than I had expected last night there's no doubt about thaty but i was simply going with the flow and having a good spontaneous night out. Isn't that what 'normal' drinkers do?!?!
    Anyway, a positive step but far too early in my book to call any major conclusions. Encouraging tho!
    Today I will be taking 5x10mg again
    Cheers
    C
    I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Comment

Day 8
      5 x 10mg
      No side effects
      Hangover seemingly not effected, if anything, better
      Was out and about last night, drank excessively and even took some cocaine
      I am right in the centre of the vortex now for when my benders usually happen. Well, to a degree, they have. But nowhere near the chaos and loss of control than in the past. Although I am drinking freely, I am not 'losing it'. I am far more in control of myself. No memory loss. No falling around and going f*ckin loco. I am still not at indifference for sure but I am enjoying small victoiries on the way up. Best of all, taking this pill really seems to be rounding me off as a person - far more comfortable in my skin, more relaxed. Used to have a terrible time having a 'one on one' even with good mates. Anxious, uncomfortable...voices in the head saying 'what u gonna say next, you're boring blah blah bollox'(no wonder you reach for the sauce and the white stuff) but all that has literally GONE. Its really cool. There is a new film coming out with Bradley Cooper where he takes a pill that allows him to open his brains full potential as apparently we only use 20% of our brains.....well, bac is certainly doing something pretty damn cool for my brain. Amazing.
      Today, I will hit 60 mg. 6 x 10 mg.
      Cheers
      I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing that, "Limitless" or something like that I think it's called. I thought immediately of baclofen when I saw the trailer.

The anxiolytic properties at low levels are great. In English, it acts as an anti-depressant. I hadn't even known I needed something like that until poof, suddenly this feeling was gone and I was relaxed.

Something really nice to watch out for is a really pleasant almost E-like buzz, which some people get at a level a little higher than the one you are at now. Increased empathy and all. Hopefully it comes your way!

Comment

cool

yeah, heard about that E buzz Bleep....lookin fwd....! maybe i shd drop a handful and get the house music on!! :H
          Yeah, me and all - as soon as i saw the trailer...'BAc' !
          Cheers
          C

Comment

Day 8
            5 x 10mg
            Big night.......
            Three pretty large ones in a row quite frankly. But not as bad as usual...but still excessive
            Considering the side effects are non existnet as yet, gonna start ramping things up a bit quicker....20 mg every two days rather than ten
            Getting outta town for the weekend so the sesh is over
            Good weekend all.

Comment

Charlieboy;1069884 wrote:
              Considering the side effects are non existnet as yet, gonna start ramping things up a bit quicker....20 mg every two days rather than ten
              Sounds very sensible Charlie.

Have a great weekend!

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Day 9 5x 10 mg
                Felt dreadful after a heavy night, boozy lunch and then got a lift to countryside with a mate. Sesh over. But it was indeed a heavy one. Gonna ramp up dosage more quickly as mentioned. Definitely enjoying benefits of BAC but clearly a way to go to get 'indifference'. anyway, was fully aware that this may not be problem solved straight away so just gonna keep plugging on...seems like many here have had to drag themselves through a bender or two or even three before getting to the switch.
                Good Weekend All
                Will be hitting 70 mg today
                C

Comment

Day 9 is still very early days Charlie, you seem to be coping nicely so far. Your plan sounds good.

Keep up the regular updates, will be great for you to read back over in a month or two...

Comment

Cheers Bleep - outta interest, when did you hit your 'switch'? Sounds like you still enjoy a glass or two but nor more cos just not interested in taking it furthr which sounds my ideal. Just wondering at what dosage that happened to u? Cheers

Comment

It was somewhere about 360mg's. I say somewhere because I was going up so quickly I overshot it before I noticed it had happened. I'm now on 300ish, and all is well, with a plan to gradually decrease and see where I can get to...

Comment

Ok cool cheers for that Bleep

Comment

Day 10
                          8x10 mg = 80mg
                          Had a few drinks today. Hit the point where i didn't want anymore. But then I really am feeling totally wrecked after last week's series of big nights.
                          I have a load of crap on my mind but not gonna bore for Britain on here, my mind is toxic.
                          Anyway, am gonna hit 100mg tmw. Dependent on SE's, have decided i wanna get cracking on this so my new new goal is to move up 20-30mg each day as I am pretty confident i can take it, SE's so far have been non-existent and only positive - plus i am feeling impatient and oh so keen to get to the switch
                          Night all
                          Cheers
                          C

Comment

Eek Charlie - that's pretty much what I did, and came crashing down. I just read my old thread, and can't believe the shit I went through as a result of doing it that way. Have a look...

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ced-47077.html

You can save yourself a whole ball of hassle by taking it a bit easy, and in the end, it will take you a week or two longer. Do the maths - going up 20 every couple of days will put you at 260mg's in only two weeks from now.

There's also the certainty that you'll just shoot way past your switch, and end up going much higher than you need to, if you titrate too quickly.

Bear in mind that the side effects are just that, side effects. Some won't get them, some will get all of them and more. The MAIN effect is felt by everyone, when they hit the switch, but the build-up is happening behind the scenes.

I know nothing was going to stop me from doing it the way I did it, it felt right at the time, so if you do decide to go this route, remember that we'll be here. And who knows, you might pull it off? Just give it some serious thought, will ya? When I look back, it wasn't fun!

Best of luck, either way.

Comment

Charlie, Bleep's right. You need to give the bac a chance to do its thing. 30mg every 3 days would be the sensible course. OK, I know, "sensible" is what other people do, but gaps between increases will make the whole process more effective.

Slow down you mad bastard! :H

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Charlie, Murph's right.

Comment

Working...
                                X