Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Bac Journey started today

oh crumbs

oh shit i cna't f*ckin stand that video! Her thruppenies are jiggling about a fair bit tho so worth a look Murph :H
    New music en route SOOON!
    I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Comment

Charlieboy;1098158 wrote: oh shit i cna't f*ckin stand that video! Her thruppenies are jiggling about a fair bit tho so worth a look Murph :H

Yeah, I spotted them, I mean her...nice!

Lushy wrote:
      She is in Charlie's video, the one with the 'thruppennies' whatever that is
      Thrupennies? They're the same thing as Bristols. It's rhyming slang.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Murphyx;1098178 wrote: Yeah, I spotted them, I mean her...nice!

Thrupennies? They're the same thing as Bristols. It's rhyming slang.
        I wonder if the sudden cold sensation gave her a case of Bruce Lees?

;-)

Comment

Bruunhilde;1064954 wrote: Hey Charlie, I wanted to warn you off something that I did during my bac journey of three months. I had been having between four beers (good girl!) and 1.5+ bottles of wine (not so good!) nightly, and when I went on bac, I felt like I could just rely on the pills and my drinking skyrocketed.
          Haha! This effect can even be observed before starting Bac! Trust me on this :-S

"It's OK, I'll be cured soon....."

Also before trying to do an AF period "I'll be off the booze for a while (yeah right), so I'll make the most of my last few days/weeks drinking"

The worst part of that is the fact that you even KNOW you're deluding yourself at the time- or at least I do! As I said to another poster, it's a pretty pathetic disease, ain't it?

Comment

LittleLessBoozin';1098270 wrote: I wonder if the sudden cold sensation gave her a case of Bruce Lees?

;-)
            Bruce Lee = Tea.

Comment

Murphyx;1098316 wrote: Bruce Lee = Tea.
              Hard Nips.

Defined in Roger's Profanisaurus as "a racist and inaccurate reference to the San Francisco-born actor and Kung Fu star of the same name"

....And if you're not familiar with Roger's Profanisaurus, you just ain't the man I thought you were:H

Paul.

Comment

:H I am familiar with Roger's profanisaurus. I haven't read Viz in years. It used to be funny.

Bruce Lee was Chinese, not Japanese, so that is wrong in sooooo many ways.

I thought you must be referring to raspberries but the use of non-rhyming slang threw me.

Comment

Murphyx;1098328 wrote: :H I am familiar with Roger's profanisaurus. I haven't read Viz in years. It used to be funny.

Bruce Lee was Chinese, not Japanese, so that is wrong in sooooo many ways.

I thought you must be referring to raspberries but the use of non-rhyming slang threw me.
                  Hehe- hence the 'inaccurate' bit in the definition.

Comment

A bald **** next to an ****hole. :H

Comment

Murphyx;1098348 wrote: A bald **** next to an ****hole. :H
                      :-)

Comment

Bac/Nal

Been an interesting couple nights out.....I am still drinking more than I would like but what I have noticed is how much more in control I am when I drink......have had no memory loss problems, turned into a raving lunatic or the such and especially find that the day after a night out, I am finding it alot easier to say, today I think I'll take it easy and have a night on the sofa AF(as I am doing tonight) Usually, once a big night starts, I wake up totally all over the place and just wanna go and get smashed again as soon as possible! Been taking 50mg Nal but am gonna raise that to 100 next time. In the meantime, gonna enjoy some AF time on my 100mg Bac dose(which suits me perfectly with no SE's but with all the benefits of no cravings and a chilled vibe). Still got a way to go to get my drinking to more sensible levels on the nights I do go out but I also think alot of that is the compant you keep and the kind of night you are having. Going out with eight lads on a thursday night who wanna get riight on it isn't the easiest time to sip away on one glass of red :H
                        Anyway, definitely enjoying this current combo, it's alot more pleasant all in all than the higher doses of Bac which wasn't working for me
                        Cheers
                        C
                        I am well and truly in recovery, I thank Baclofen, the good people of MWO and my love of spirituality, the combination of which have helped to guide me out of the darkness in the last couple months. Cheers to that.

Comment

Charlie,

The higher doses made me insane and the drinking escalated. I am at 100 to 120mg right now with Bac and today is day 12 alcohol free. I just don't want it. My sanity and emotions are intact again. I think I might have flew right by my switch in a crazy attempt to hurry through the process. I am taking it slow this time and I love the path I am on right now. I am in control and the alcohol is not!

Good luck to you and you seem to have the attitude to be another success story here!

Lady:l
                          The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Charleyboy,

You are following TSM with the Nal, yes? I can't remember.

It sounds like you are doing well, working on your problem daily, which is what it is going to take for a while, and one day, you won't have to do that anymore!!

btw, Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress was the Hollies and not the Kinks. I messed that up. Hollies were one of my favorite bands back then.

Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Charlie, not sure whether you've said already, but what's the situation with coke? Does Nal help with that?

Comment

hey

Hey Murph, I do still fall foul of the bloody stuff here and there but am always working at that....its a massive goal of mine to get it totally out the picture and like all of this, its a work in progress. Keeping at it all the time and I am confident that I can knock it on the head sooner rather than later and get all my intakes down to sensible levels(with the cocaine out the picture totally). Am seeing improvements, its a bad habit of a lifetime so am gonna turn it round - have to be realistic and not expect it to happen immediately. Without doubt, have the confidence that the Bac/Nal combo is gonna give be the best chance to get these things well in the past. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X