Wall Street Betting on Arbaclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For GERD. That it treats GERD is not new, but that Wall Street is interested is pretty new.

From the article: "I was first made aware of the importance of the event by looking through options pricing. I was astonished, frankly, that IV in the March series of puts and calls for Xenoport are well over 100. Make no mistake, Wall Street expects this to be a big event."

Xenoport Expecting GERD Study Data - Seeking Alpha

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
    - Vernon Howard

And that reaction is based purely on it's heartburn implications. Wait until they discover this little surprise!

Thanks, interesting stuff.

Comment

Seeing this thread made me realize that my own GERD symptoms have been improved since being on BAC.

Comment

Interesting but I can't say I am surprised.

Make no mistake people, ever since Dr. A and his book big companies are taking a second look at baclofen. As soon as they can figure out a way to rename it and market it, and change the chemical composition just enough to claim it's a NEW drug for ALCOHOLISM big money will be made and the price of "baclofen" will go WAY up.... this is my honest opinion.

We are the pioneers who became free human guinea pigs after Dr. A's book. I'd bet money (a lot of it) that there are people lurking on this forum tracking our reports and will use that info one day to get investors to fund a clinical trial for the "new" drug that can be marketed for alcoholism. The one that will make them VERY rich.

Comment

I agree, Chi. I think I've seen some of that and am suspicious - but I'm always suspicious of everything.

The arbaclofen is using only one side of the molecule that makes up baclofen. The theory is that it is the other side of that molecule (a mirror image) that causes many of the unwanted SE's. For the high-level IV stuff (like for MS patients), they use arbaclofen - not baclofen proper. The link to the article I posted is about that. I don't remember if it's the left or the right side of the molecule that seems problematic, but someone here could surely chime in on that.

Tracy

- Vernon Howard

Comment

Tracy I can picture guys in white coats working in labs RIGHT NOW trying to alter baclofen so the SE's that are talked about here are diminished and BINGO it's a "new" drug they can market and make money.

I envision baclofen with some caffeine or other stimulant added to counter somnolence and some kind of extend release type stuff added for easier dosing..... and me wishing I could afford the new and improved baclofen, LOL.

Comment

"I envision baclofen with some caffeine or other stimulant"

Yoinks! I envision an instant heart attack...

Comment

Wouldn't a sustained/slow release version of baclofen be just the thing the companies could market, and also a good option for patients by taking away the need to dose numerous times a day? The usual short half life of baclofen, 3-5 hours from memory, would cause levels to be up and down to a very large extent in people who are only taking it a few times a day. A sustained release version would minimise this and could also make insomnia less of a hassle, in cases where people wake up in the middle of the night from the bac wearing off. I certainly didn't think of this idea first, I'm pretty sure I read of it somewhere else on this forum months ago (but as with most threads here it is now hopelessly lost). They may not even have to change baclofen chemically, just combine it with special fillers or binders or however else they make slow release formulations of other drugs.

Comment

P.S. Someone also once suggested a baclofen implant, which would be great but perhaps not technically feasible.

Comment

Greg;1068993 wrote: P.S. Someone also once suggested a baclofen implant, which would be great but perhaps not technically feasible.
                    They can do an intrathecal pump. It seems like a simpler implant wouldn't be that hard.

But, if there is a way around the constant dosing and SE's . . . wow.

Tracy

- Vernon Howard

Comment

hmmm... should I tell the equity derivatives and vol prop traders at my firm to go long calls, short puts on Xenoport?

Comment

Working...
                      X