Little update and question about bac and xanax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no advice, Chi, but I feel your pain. Long-term sleep deprivation is hell. Hang in there.

Hugs to you.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, that was perhaps cryptic.

Based on the complexity of the issue.

NOT MEDICAL ADVICE: Perhaps both zolpidem and benzos in small, short-term doses, can be effective as sleep aids taken together with high-dose baclofen. I specify that the benzos and the zolpidem are not taken together. And I specify that this is my conclusion based on the experiences of one person, myself.

I plan to take this up if and when I speak to Dr. L again. Meanwhile, from what research I have done and from my own personal experience, this works for me.

If this doesn't make sense, PM me (ha ha!, you think -- but the truth is that I will get back to you, even if you get a message that my PM box is full. I have my ways)
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Which natural stuff works best? Nothing herbal we've tried (husband has fits of insomnia too) has had any real impact.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking it would be a good idea for me to get some xanax myself. I am in New York and have only spoken to Dr. L over the phone and he suggests it. How do you get these scrips from him long distance? or for those of you that do, are you close enough to him to see him face to face. I didn't think of asking him for the perscription b/c I didn't know how I would get it from him being that I can't see him in person and I figured that I could just find a Dr locally to perscribe it but every Dr that I see seems to think an SSRI is the answer eventhough I tell them that none have helped my anxiety in the past and I want xanax or another benzo. They just won't ef'ing do what I want!

Comment

Tracy, natural stuff like valerian, kava, melatonin, tryptophan.

I read 5HTP can build up in your system, tryptophan is better, easily used without needing conversion before benefit takes place. 5HTP doesn't always have the oppty to convert to tryptophan so why not take the tryptophan now that it's OTC.

Holistic thread had Dr Weil's warning on Kava.

Valerian is related to valium, beatle would know if that's okay.

Comment

c0ffee;1069729 wrote: I'm thinking it would be a good idea for me to get some xanax myself. I am in New York and have only spoken to Dr. L over the phone and he suggests it. How do you get these scrips from him long distance? or for those of you that do, are you close enough to him to see him face to face.
              I haven't seen him F2F, but I'm thinking it would be worth a trip to Chicago. He's an interesting guy, especially for a doc. Quite unconventional in many ways.

Call Dr. L and see what he says about the script.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Bruun, we've tried everything you mentioned (and other stuff too) except the tryptophan. I'll have to see who carries it locally. Thanks.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X